Join us August 3rd, 4th, and 5th in Sequim, Washington for a weekend full of great tabletop games open to new and veteran players. We will have a large selection of games in our game library for you to check out and play throughout the weekend, as well as another great collection of games in our play to win section.
Sponsored by ANIME KAT
Our goal for OPTTACON is to provide an opportunity for gamers on the Olympic Peninsula to experience new games and meet energetic game enthusiasts, local vendors, artists, and game creators.
Our Ideal Convention Experiences:
- Attendees bringing their favorite games to share the experience with new people
- People enjoying the free-to-play OPTTACON game library
- Groups of people making the most of the play-to-win library collection
- Scheduled/organized gaming: Taking advantage of playing some of the popular titles being led by folks familiar with the rules
- Getting in touch with local vendors and shops
- Seeing what the different shops may specialize in
- Sharing information about local gaming groups your local store hosts
Options we are considering:
- Board Game Auction: Attendees can bring games they are wishing to let go of during an auction held Saturday evening. (OPTTACON would help facilitate the sales; the money would be yours.)
- Board Game Exchange: Getting tire of playing the same old games? Bring them in and see what other gamers have to offer!
- Cosplay Contest Wear your best attire for a chance to shine in the limelight and (potentially) win some prizes!
Already in the area or looking for a local game group? Check out
Special thanks to the following companies for donating games!
Risks and challenges
Risks: If you build it, and they don't come... That is our biggest risk. We already have the convention center reserved for our days. We have a large game library for the free to play area. We have a number of games donated for our play to win section. We have great volunteers to help organize the convention and run games.
All we are missing is, You!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)