Everything started when we discovered old hemp clothes, preserved by our granmothers for over a century. These clothes were used hundred times and we were surprised by their resistance, their softness and beauty.
In one year of research we developed our own hemp, sourced from the most premium European Plants. Since its quality comes at a cost which is no more economically sustainable in Europe. May 2018 is the last chance to get our superb quality of European Hemp. Contemporarily, we developed some amazing products with our decennial experience in the apparel industry.
Worried about the size?
A clear timeline
- JANUARY 2014 : we started playing with apparel producing basic, trendy garments
JANUARY 2017 : we started studying old hemp clothes recovered from our grandmothers, making incredible discoveries about the properties of hemp
- SEPTEMBER 2017: first samples of our hemp jacket with our exclusive fabric, developed across the summer
- OCTOBER 2017: first Kickstarter campaign, failed because the goal was too high
- MAY 2018: after other personal investments, we improved the product and developed the sweater. Knitting is cheaper than a finished product with a finished fabric. We launched our second Kickstarter Campaign since it would be the last time we can get this quality of European hemp.
- JUNE 2018: if the campaign ends well, we will start making the fabric first, and contemporarily the knitted products. These ones will be the first to be finished and shipped. While the Jacket will request more time and will be shipped in September 2018.
Risks and challenges
Until now, with our own money, we:
-developed a premium, soft hemp, incomparable with any other hemp on the market
-produced 38 jackets
-produced many sweaters, scarves and other kind of hemp products
We actually don't have the money to invest again on a new, larger production. Our costs are high, because we produce in Italy and because our hemp is expensive.
However, we are ready to scale our production with your help, our suppliers are ready to supply the hemp.
- (20 days)