One Spark is the world’s first crowdfunding festival. Come Support Inspiration: Art. Music. Science. Technology. Food. Read more
This project was successfully funded on October 4, 2012.
About this project
Our Latest Updates:
What is One Spark 2013?
One Spark is the world's first crowdfunding festival where you can come and support inspiration in person and in real-time.
The fastest way for people to launch ideas is to have all of the resources they need in one place and at one time. One Spark is an event that brings those people (artists, technologists, scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs, and the public) together for 5 days. During One Spark 2013 each of these folks will share their prototypes, experiments and projects in a really cool way by using downtown Jacksonville as a platform. Any place can be a venue (parking lots, businesses, restaurants, parks, etc.) and anyone can enter as a creator.
Open to All: Anyone can be a creator ; One Spark venues will be made up of nearly anywhere and everywhere in the urban core.
- Culinary Innovators
- And You
Empowered Public: The $250,000 One Spark fund (see note below) will be distributed based on public vote; the public can also contribute directly to the entrant in any amount.
5 Packed Days: During One Spark 2013, we'll have the creator showcases, speakers, culinary experiences, music, and what we like to call "spectacles." For full details visit BeOneSpark.com.
The real kicker, again, is that in addition to receiving a portion of the $250k fund (based on votes received), creators will have the opportunity to get additional funding directly from those attending the event. So, if you attend and really like what a creator is doing, you can contribute $5, $10, or heck, $100 or more directly to the creator.
Grassroots & Independent: One Spark is built on the premise that the next great creation will likely come from a garage, small studio, or dorm room. Creators will pair up with venues, independently, on BeOneSpark.com. Our organization does not select any of the creators or venues that make up the event.
Note: This has been a truly astonishing ride... in the past few months, we’ve been unbelievably fortunate enough to be able to provide an initial $250k that we'll be using as the fund for creators at the event. Seriously, dreams on napkins at Panera are starting to come true. Though, we want to be clear, we're not using any of the funds from this Kickstarter campaign for the One Spark fund that will be distributed to creators.
Who Can Enter One Spark 2013?
Anyone. The creators - innovators, artists, entrepreneurs, technologists, musicians, gamers, chefs, curiosity seekers, designers from all walks of life - desiring to connect, collaborate, inspire and make something extraordinary happen. If you are under 18, we just require a parental approval.
Where Will Venues Be Located for One Spark 2013?
Venues are where One Spark happens. Restaurants, bars, stores, offices, and even unoccupied buildings will become locations for attendees and creators to gather both during the day and after hours. War stories will be told. Friends will be made. Good times will be had.
What Will Kickstarter Funds be Used For?
- The Event: Purchasing and renting infrastructure, including stages, lighting, AV equipment, security, fire department staff, pop-up containers, lighting, waste disposal, port-o-potties (got to have 'em), insurance, printing, signage, and all the other components that go into making an unforgettable event.
If we raise well over what's needed for the 2013 event, we'll put the additional funds towards making the next year even better.
What Are Your Kickstarter Rewards?
We've got a lot to offer. Check it out below and let us know if you have any questions.
- Sparkasaurus Rex. Our awesome little mascot; limited edition and hand-crafted. You can dress it up, take pictures of it, take it out to dinner or give it to a friend. Just treat it well.
- One Spark Way. In the middle of the event we'll have the streets lined with messages from you. For the $50 folks, you get 50 characters written in chalk - If it rains, well - we'll have our interns write it again. For the $125 folks, you’ll be projected in the "digispace" of One Spark. We'll share 140 characters on all of our digital display boards throughout the event. Just don’t send us anything our mom wouldn’t want to read; we’ll get punished.
- Be One Spark Kit. Including all kinds of goodies - detailed event video (you'll feel like you were there with a showcase of top entrants, speakers, and special message from the attendees), a t-shirt to wear while watching said video, a Sparkasaurus Rex to hang out with and some goodies from the founding team. All you need to start One Spark movement in your town.
- All Access & Burro Bag Swag. One awesome, hand-crafted, Jacksonville bred, Burro Bag to put your swag in while you buck the System. Oh, and you get ALL ACCESS, baby! We’ve got these things called Bump Zones (see below) and you get in. Lounges? Yeah, you get in those too, and they’ll have drinks and tasty treats. Why do you care? These are the sweet spaces for entrants, venues, and speakers to do whatever it is that entrants, venues, and speakers do... i.e., not for public consumption, only you and folks like you.
- The Legend Series & More. Check it out, you’re going to this amazing thing that we have in our city called the The Legend Series; we've got the most amazing one being finely crafted just for you. You get two tickets, so think of a hot date. Need one? We can help you with that too... legally, of course. Over 21? You’ll be the first to receive a growler of One Spark; it’s a special little something brewed up by our friends at Intuition Aleworks. Since you’re a big spender you can have the DIY kit, a shirt, the awesome Burro Bag and all access too. If you don’t want the DIY kit, no worries, just let us know and we’ll send it on to another good soul of your choice. For that, you’ll get unlimited great karma.
- Direct Sponsorships. Volunteers, Bump Zones, and Lounges. We've got three options in our Kickstarter campaign that will allow for some sweet sponsorship deals. Hint, hint, if you get them now they are likely a little bit lower cost with some more rewards. After all, this is all about supporting those who support you.
Our Story & Some History
One Spark, Inc. is a nonprofit organization working to foster an environment of innovation. It was created in 2011 by three friends (Elton Rivas, Dennis Eusebio, and Varick Rosete) who wanted to connect ideas with resources. Despite its name, there was no single “spark” that inspired the nonprofit, but rather a number of small coffee shop conversations that blew up into something big.
LEARN MORE about the early days. Check out our old website here or view the video below.
One Spark aims to support and nourish creative communities, encourage change, and bridge gaps.
- Connect great ideas with the resources they need in order to get implemented.
- Listen to and support the development of the innovative community and share successes.
- Share success stories and lessons with communities that face similar challenges.
If you've made it this far... awesome! Thanks for reading. If you can't contribute financially, no worries, please share this with a friend or two.
If your company or organization is interested in supporting One Spark please feel free to email us at email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you.
*HUGE thanks to the Tiger Lily media crew for shooting and editing our video.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Pledge $10 or more
You get some sweet & sexy updates that will include a few videos from the team; And hey - you get them before the rest of the world! Insider! Also, we promise to use your name in vain during our most heated debates while putting together the event.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or more
$10 stuff included; but we won’t use your name in vain; we’ll shout praises during inspiring moments & thank you via social media. That’s right - you’ll be all over the interwebs! Also, we’ll hang your mugshot in the One Spark world headquarters. You’ve got to send us the pic, but man you’ll be famous.... think about it - during the event there will be hundreds of thousands of people cruising past your mugshot!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $50 or more
None of the $10 or $25 stuff; you want that awesomeness... it’s right up above here. You do, however, get one Sparkasaurus Rex. That’s right. It’s our mascot & we’re sending it to you. Also, you get 50 characters of whatever you can think up written in chalk on One Spark Way in the middle of the event. If it rains, well - we'll have our interns write it again.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $150 or more
One Spark is comin’ to town; that’s right kids... you can’t make it here? No worries, we’re sending you a killer One Spark DIY kit including all kinds of goodies - detailed event video (you'll feel like you were there with a showcase of top entrants, speakers, and special message from the attendees), a t-shirt to wear while watching said video, a Sparkasaurus Rex to hang out with and some goodies from the founding team. And, think chalk is cool? Forget that! At this level you’ll be projected in the "digispace" of One Spark.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $399 or more
Yup, it’s $399 - you’ve figured out that this is our sweet spot... Read on! DIY Kit, it’s yours... and one awesome, hand-crafted, Jacksonville bred, One Spark Burro Bag to put your swag in while you buck the System. Oh, and you get ALL ACCESS, baby! We’ve got these things called Bump Zones (see below) and you get in. Lounges? Yeah, you get in those too, and they’ll have drinks and tasty treats. Why do you care? These are the sweet spaces for entrants, venues, and speakers to do whatever it is that entrants, venues, and speakers do... i.e., not for public consumption, only you and folks like you.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $1,000 or more
14 backers Limited (86 left of 100)
Big Spender! Check it out, you’re going to this amazing thing that we have in our awesome city called The Legend Series; we've got the most amazing one being finely crafted just for you (http://thelegendseriesjax.com/). You get two tickets, so think of a hot date. Need one? We can help you with that too... legally, of course. Over 21? You’ll be the first to receive a growler of One Spark; it’s a special little something brewed up by our friends at Intuition Ale. Since you’re a big spender you can have the DIY kit, a shirt, the awesome Burro Bag and all access too. If you don’t want the DIY kit, no worries, just let us know and we’ll send it on to another good soul of your choice. For that, you’ll get unlimited great karma.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $2,500 or more
5 backers All gone!
You have made it to our first sponsorship level; and we think it’s pretty sweet. You are sponsoring our One Spark Volunteers for a day. Their shirts, hats, and possibly shoes will feature your brand. Our volunteer force will be the first line of contact for over 100,000 excited One Spark attendees; with your support they’ll even throw in a few one liners (positive, of course) about your brand.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $5,000 or more
3 backers Limited (1 left of 4)
Bump Zone Sponsorships are awesome, and at this level you get to sponsor one of them for 2013! These are the places where all of the entrants, venues, speakers, and all access innovators from around the world will be congregating during the event. Not only will you get signage throughout but you will also receive recognition in all of our print and digital materials that mention the Bump Zones... yeah, we’re talking hundreds of thousands of opinion leaders eyeballs on that brand of yours. Have a question about this? Give us a shout.Estimated delivery:
3 backers Limited (1 left of 4)
It’s big, bad, and extremely visible... this level gets you as a sponsor of one of our One Spark Lounges. Why do you want to sponsor this? If a Bump Zone is a Mini Cooper (small, sporty and very desirable), the Lounge equates to a Rolls Royce Phantom... a little bit larger, fits more people, provides tasty treats and some beverages for our entrants, speakers, and venues. We’ve got four of these puppies throughout the urban core and they’ll be packed with creators, media, speakers, and opinion leaders. Sponsor them all or sponsor one. We’ll work with you to make it amazing, and of course, as a title Lounge sponsor, you’ll be covered in all of our materials - print, web, social media, television - you name it. Oh, and of course, we’ve got a few goodies to get your team all access as well as a special surprise for some of our biggest supporters.Estimated delivery:
- (30 days)