In Sheep-Boom-Bah, your sheep have wandered into an active minefield. Your goal is to guide them safely back to their barn without accidentally stepping on a land mine. There's one problem...your path is unclear and you must move onto a tile to reveal what is beneath. Is it a barn? Is it a Safe Field tile? Is it a landmine? There's only one way to find out.
In the quest to help the herd find their barn, you must take two actions which will move your sheep throughout the field. In addition, you can use cards dealt to you that have unique abilities such as moving your sheep, stealing another player's sheep and even saving your own sheep. Gain points along the way for discovering safe tiles, diffusing landmines and finding barns. You will also score points at the end of the game for having sheep in your Barn and Barnyard. The player with the highest score wins the game!
How To Play Sheep-Boom-Bah: (see video below)
Sheep-Boom-Bah takes place over a series of turns. Gameplay moves in clockwise order. On your turn, you must take two (2) actions. In addition, you also have the option to play or discard any number of cards from your hand. Actions and card play can occur in any order. If you play or discard cards, draw back up to four to end your turn.
The two types of Actions include:
- Once revealed, moving onto that tile again will no longer score points for any sheep landing on it. (In the video above, revealing the red barn tile will score that player 3 points. When landing on the tile again, the sheep would just enter the red player's barn without scoring points)
- Below are the types of cards that you will be playing in the game
A player can choose whether or not to play cards on their turn. If cards are played, the used cards are placed into a discard pile next to the draw pile. Some important aspects of card play to keep in mind:
- Players can have a maximum of four cards in their hand during the game.
- There is no limit to the number of cards you can play on your turn.
- Players can play certain cards out of turn. Once played you may draw back to four cards.
- On a players turn, if cards are played or discarded, draw back up to four cards at the end of your turn.
END GAME AND SCORING
Once a player has removed all of their sheep from the field, the remaining players take one more turn. Then the game is over.
- Note: If a player’s last sheep is bumped into a barn, out of turn, that player would still have one more turn before the end of the game.
- The player with the highest score wins the game! In case of a tie, the player with the most sheep in their barn wins.
Click Here to Download the Kickstarter Edition Rulebook (art not included yet)
To read the full preview from the Geek Spiel, click here.
- The Mega Meeple Podcast: Listen Here
- BJ Shea's Geek Nation Podcast: Listen Here
- Were Not Wizards Podcast: Listen Here
- Go Forth and Game Podcast: Listen Here
- Getting Geeky with Gamer Leaf: Listen Here
Sheep-Boom-Bah has been in development for over a year. During this time we had a chance to take the game to various conventions to play-test and demo. Over this time, we've gotten some great feedback and suggestions that went into making this a truly exciting game. We were even fortunate enough to win "Tabletop Game of the Year" at Gameacon 2018. Here are some of the events that we attended:
Click here for the full review from Go Forth and Game
Sheep-Boom-Bah will be available in the United States at all pledge tiers and a limited list of International countries at the 1x copy tier only. Please see the list below.
Shipping to the US
- 1x Copy of Sheep-Boom-Bah: $8
- 2x Copy of Sheep-Boom-Bah: $13
- 1x Copy of Sheep-Boom-Bah and 1x copy of Monster Highway: $13
- 3x Copy of Sheep-Boom-Bah: $18
- 6x Copy of Sheep-Boom-Bah + demo copy (Local Board Game Shops Only):
- Stores within a 25 mile radius to 19426 will receive free delivery.
- Outside this 25 mile range, please contact us for a shipping quote
*** This pledge level is only available for verified retail stores. ***
International Shipping (1x copy of Sheep-Boom-Bah)
- Canada: $20
- United Kingdom, Australia, Ireland:$30
International Shipping (2x copy of Sheep-Boom-Bah)
- Canada: $35
- United Kingdom, Australia, Ireland:$55
International Shipping (One Day West Games Collection - 1x Monster Highway, 1x Sheep-Boom-Bah)
- Canada: $35
- United Kingdom, Australia, Ireland:$55
If you live in a country that is not listed above and/or if you are interested in pledging a tier that does not include international shipping, please contact us here for a shipping quote.
We will hand deliver the games to friends and family backers.
One Day West Games
We are a board game design & publishing company run by brothers, Bob & Ryan Craig. We aim to deliver high quality, family friendly games that blend strategy and a dash of chance.
Last year we were fortunate enough to have our first game, Monster Highway, funded on Kickstarter. In this game, players are trying to escape a nuclear meltdown and a radioactive monster by building roads and driving their car to their home base.
The game was manufactured and delivered to our backers on time. We have been happy to receive pictures and emails of the game in play with friends and family. It has even won several awards including: Gameacon's Crystal Award for "Tabletop Game of the Year" and the Inquisitive Meeple's "Hidden Gem" award.
We are excited to have our second game, Sheep-Boom-Bah, on Kickstarter now. We have taken everything we learned from Monster Highway and applied it to Sheep-Boom-Bah. You can expect the same high quality in the game components, easy to learn rules and quick game play. The addition of unique game mechanics has made Sheep-Boom-Bah a game that has exceeded our expectations.
There are a lot more exciting games scheduled to be released in the near future! Follow along with us on social media or sign up Here to subscribe to our newsletter to learn more.
Stay posted on updates to Sheep Boom Bah by:
- Following us on Twitter
- Liking us on Facebook
- Following us on Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Demo on TableTop Simulator
- Join our Discord Server
- Sign up for our Monthly Newsletter here
Had a chance to play the game already? Rate us on Board Game Geek
Risks and challenges
One Day West Games is committed to creating games with the highest component quality. We also put a great deal of time and effort into playtesting and demoing the game to make sure we are putting forward the best possible product to our backers.
One Day West Games has run a successful Kickstarter campaign in the past that was delivered to the project backers on time.
The manufacturing of the product occurs overseas, so there is always a risk of delay due to factors that are out of our control (i.e. international holidays causing factory closing, shipping delays on boat, delays in customs during the importing process).
To keep the project moving on schedule, the final artwork is ready to send to the manufacturer after the campaign is completed (pending any changes due to stretch goals, edits and suggestions from the backers).
If there is any delay in the schedule, we will keep our backers informed with frequent updates.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (28 days)