Monster Highway is a board game where 2-4 players are building roadways using tiles to get to your Home Base. Be the first to build your roadway and drive your car from ground zero to your home base to win the game. Beware of the monster and of your opponents. No one is safe on Monster Highway!
After a nuclear meltdown at a power plant, the lake next to it was quickly saturated with radioactivity. An alligator in the lake transforms into a road smashing, car crushing monster.
Watch our "How To Play" video below to learn about some of the basic rules and components of the game and a basic playthrough.
To start, players are all dealt, at random, 5 road tiles and 1 monster buster card for their hand.
On your turn roll the two specialty dice that have images of a car, monster or road on them.
If road comes up, play a road tile from your hand. If a car comes up, roll the six sided die to see how many spaces your car can move. If monster comes up, draw a monster card and see what space the "monster" lands on.
The goal is to create a roadway out of road tiles that leads from the center of the board "ground zero" to the players home base.
The players car moves along the road built and once the car makes it to home base, that player wins the game. (Green for the win!)
View or Download our Rulebook to Monster Highway
- Below are pictures from our 2017 "Monster Highway" Playtesting Tour
We have partnered with GamesQuest located in the EU. By doing this we are able to provide "Friendly" shipping to the EU, Australia and the United States.
Shipping for backers purchasing (one) 1 game has been calculated.
Shipping 1 copy of the game breaks out to be:
- $10 - United States, United Kingdom
- $15 - Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain
- $20 - Bulgaria, Estonia, Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Luxembourg, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovania, Sweden, Japan
- $25 - Australia, New Zealand
- $30 - China
- $3-5 per additional games shipped to the countries in the EU and the United States.
- $10-15 per additional games shipped to Japan, China, Australia, New Zealand, Canada
Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico may be charged extra shipping fees for additional copies on top of the the "United States" shipping charge.
All shipping prices shown are in US Dollars.
Connect with us on our social media platforms:
One Day West Games is a family run board game company owned and operated by brothers, Bob & Ryan Craig. They are passionate boardgamers that are committed to making fun, family games that blend a touch of strategy and a dash of chance.
Credits & Many Thanks To:
- Artwork by Alisha Volkman (http://alishadoesart.com/index.html)
- Commercial producer / voiceover by Adam Danoff (http://greencloakcreative.com/)
- Commercial Music "Let Go" by One Day West
- Kickstarter Video Music "Red Ledge" by One Day West (https://www.youtube.com/user/onedaywest)
Risks and challenges
We feel we have taken all the proper steps to guarantee the delivery of Monster Highway to all our backers. There is always a chance that somewhere along the way our roadway can become "radioactive".
The final artwork is complete and we have lined up a reputable manufacturer and fulfillment service. We are prepared to use our "Monster Buster" card to resolve any issues that may arise to ensure safe passage of our game to your "Home Base".Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (27 days)