Android Wear / Shipment Status / Mediatek Developer Program / Warranty information
A year ago, when I launched the ”Outdoor Mate project” and later set up Omate with my partner Jack Shao, our primary goals were to make the World connected through your wrist and make Android Wearable. A year later, Google has officially embraced this idea and proved the vision of Omate by unveiling a dedicated version of Android called Android Wear: http://officialandroid.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/sharing-whats-up-our-sleeve-android.html
By backing the TrueSmart, you became part of the pioneers who believed in Google and Omate vision.
Obviously, Omate will be actively working on porting some of the features of Android Wear with the Developer Community over the next few months.
• 512MB+4GB / 2100MHz: completed
• 1GB+8GB / 1900MHz: completed
• 1GB+8GB / 2100MHz: ongoing: will be gradually dispatched from next week until End of April.
We have successfully assembled 1,600 units [1GB+8GB / 2100MHz] earlier this week. We will start shipping them to early backers next week. As explained a few times, there are several weeks between first shipments and last arrival of each batch. Thanks for your patience. We really appreciate. This will always be like that unless you live all in the same place…
Once again, we do apologize for not being able to answer every email. Because the team is spending most of its time in the factory and with suppliers. In the meantime, here is another unboxing video by XDA Developer TV Producer Adam Outler. In an unboxing the XDA way, Adam shows off the Omate TrueSmart Smartwatch and unboxes it but he doesn't stop at opening the box, he strips it down to its bare bones. He then shows you around inside the device “Do not do that at home”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbPBh2C6X78
Over the last two weeks, we have been working with the Alpha VID team (Lokifish, DeesTroy, Ryan, Daniel, Kurt, Cyril) to get the Kernel source code from our chipset manufacturer (MediaTek); this is only needed for deep software development. e.g: this is Key for the Developer Community to port new ROM and implement new features. At Omate, we have always been keen on sharing everything about software and we will always support the Developer Community. Therefore we are doing our best to share with the Developers the full source code which powers the TrueSmart.
In the meantime, MediaTek has registered Omate on its Alpha Wearable Developer Program: Partner Zone branded for Omate
• A web based platform that supports controlled access to MediaTek developers seeking to write apps for MediaTek’s customer devices (OMATE controlled access through web tools for developers requesting to access the Omate Zone)
• Full functionality for search and download of Omate resources, including documents, code samples and SDKs. Includes Online Agreements when needed
• Discussion forums and tech support tools for Omate to easily engage with developers who have been clicked through to the Omate Zone and are trying to create valued apps and content for Omate to embed or offer apps.
We will see fruits from this cooperation in the upcoming weeks. We do hope this will lead to a full kernel source code release to the Developers ASAP.
The TrueSmart is not waterproof but IP67 water-resistant. Do not swim; do not take shower with your TrueSmart. You can do it but at your own risk because water damages are not covered by warranty. We are sorry about that but the same goes for Samsung Galaxy S4 Active which is IP67 as well: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/galaxy-s4-active-xperia-z-water-damage-issues-warranty/#!Aopy1
If you have opened your battery cover more than once, your TrueSmart is not IP67 water-resistant anymore as it is impossible for user to set it back properly as we would be able to do in factory. That’s the reason why we add the stickers on the screws of the back plate.
Here are further information about IP67 rating
6 means Dust tight No ingress of dust; complete protection against contact (dust tight)
7 means Immersion up to 1 m Ingress of water in harmful quantity shall not be possible when the enclosure is immersed in water under defined conditions of pressure and time (up to 1 m of submersion). Test duration: 30 minutes Immersion at depth of at least 1 m measured at bottom of device, and at least 15 cm measured at top of device.
We will get back to you about repair possibilities as soon as we will have a service center in place in your country in the next few months.
#TrueSmartHackaton Number 2:
Our winners of the last Hackatons are:
1) eNotify for Omate developed by – Verietas Software The ideal solution for Email & SMS notifications on both your Android device and accompanying smartwatch. Highly configurable, eNotify supports rules with custom alert sounds for different accounts, senders, subjects, recipient addresses, phone numbers and more. Easily silence day-to-day background noise and stay aware of priority email and SMS messages. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hermes.enotifylite
2) ChkMate ROM and ChkMod by Joey Averett: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=51142704 Take your Status Bar back! ChkMod is out!
Special Thanks to VID Cyril Preiss for this awesome app: OLink: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/+CyrilPreiss0/albums/5993025327176777665
Remotely link your TrueSmart to your smartphone by using the GSM network. You can share multiple information such locations / photos / sounds via SMS/MMS
Feel free to post your Oapp proposal followed by the #TrueSmartHackaton on our Facebook page and G+ communities. We will be more than happy to test them and feature them into the Ostore and let the community test them. You can also send your APK to email@example.com
Another #TrueSmartHackaton will take place in May.
Each winner will be rewarded with a special Hacker Edition of the TrueSmart. These Limited Edition models will be marked from #1 to #10 with a customized laser printed battery cover + each winner will be granted VID status (Very Important Developer) and early bird samples of any new product development of Omate in 2014. We look forward to developing the TrueSmart Ecosystem with the Omate Developer community!
Thanks for your support,
Omate TrueSmart Team
XDA Developers Forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/truesmart
Google+ : +Omate TrueSmart