Omate® TrueSmart™ truly standalone water-resistant smartwatch, works independently from and with all smartphones. 3G, Voice & Gestures! Read more
This project was successfully funded on September 20, 2013.
Shipment 1GB+8GB 1900MHz and 2100MHz / MWC Barcelona
We are finally back to office after 10 days off for the Chinese New Year holidays. However some of our suppliers, including our housing casing supplier, will only be back to a normal pace from the 3rd week of February. This is the reason why we have only been able to ship some of the 1900MHz Nov Dev Edition and Standard Edition because the # serial number edition were not yet ready.
The reasons for the delayed shipment are diverse but usually related to unexpected issues with the new design and implementation of the improvements. The difference being that now with Kickstarter, this process is open with you all waiting for your pledges. While in a traditional development process, the product only hits the retail shelves after several rounds of such improvements which are behind the scenes and not in the public eye. That's exactly the same reason why we will see many new devices announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona which will only make it to market later in Summer. Product and production planning is a difficult process and sometimes it takes longer than expected.
Some of you have received damaged packaging due to the design of the gift box which does not like much being shaked during transportation… We are very sorry about that, this is not acceptable even though the TrueSmart itself is not damaged as it is a pretty rugged device but we are working on improving the packing to avoid such a bad unboxing experience. We have added a pillow to protect the TrueSmart itself but we are investigating other solutions...
For any inquiry or if you experience any issue with your TrueSmart, you can always contact email@example.com but please, please do not send emails requesting the status of your personal shipment. We do release updates to give general ETA to all of you based on your pledge category and we provide personal tracking number as soon as we ship to you.
- We have shipped all the 512MB+4GB 2100 MHz versions which most backers should have already received by now.
- We have also shipped the very first batch of 1GB+8GB 1900 MHz and this as soon as we got FCC certified. That was a major step as the first smartwatch 2.0 to pass FCC.
- From the 1,500 units 1GB+8GB 1900MHz US version we have been able to assemble before Chinese New Year, about 1,000 units have been shipped thus far, we will ship another 500 units by the end of this week.
- We will get the new PCBA of the 1GB+8GB 2100MHz EU version around February 20th so we will be able to start shipping a first batch end of February. As explained in the previous updates, there are several weeks between shipment start and final delivery to the last backer of each batch so please understand that your pledge may be in the next batch depending on what extra items you have pledged.
R&D / Software development:
Our R&D is working closely with the VID (Very Important Developers) and the Android Developer community, more and more Oapps are populating the Ostore.
- The Oclock designed by VID – Kurt Hewig allows you from now on to set your preferred clock face. This is really awesome! You can now enjoy using the Retrosmart clockface designed by VID – Daniel Ortiz as your everyday watch ;-)
- The BT Companion App a.k.a Osmart (also designed by VID - Kurt Hewig) will only be released to every backer in the course of March along with the last batches of deliveries so please be patient. The first release will be exclusively dedicated to Android then we will be working on the iOS version. This will take more time though.
- The very first independent ROM has been released by VID - Lokifish Marz; you can find the steps here on the XDA-Developers Forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2549404 We are very impressed by the new features released in this ROM and patch. If you are a developer, this is most likely the best option for you to test your app.
Mobile World Congress 2014:
if you follow our G+ community you know that we have been testing new materials and colors at our facilities in Shenzhen and performed trial runs with some of our B2B partners in China. We will unveil some of our product development and Oapps with other VID such as Cyril Preiss during MWC.
You are more than welcome to visit us at our booth Hall 7 - 7F21 if you plan to attend Mobile World Congress in Barcelona from February 24th to 27th
For more information: www.mobileworldcongress.com/
You can also meet Laurent at the 1st Wearable Wednesday event in Europe in Barcelona: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/wearable-wednesday-barcelona-tickets-10364335005
Wearable Wednesday events are an open community forum focused on the blending of technology, art and humanity in the Wearable Technology and Internet of Things ecosystem. The goal is to provide a platform for industry innovators, entrepreneurs, builders and investors to connect with like-minded, motivated people with the knowledge, vision and partnerships that will move the Internet of Wearable Things ecosystem forward.
#TrueSmartHackaton Number 2:
- Feb 21
- Feb 28
- March 7
- March 14
- March 21
Please post your Oapp proposals followed by the #TrueSmartHackaton on our Facebook page and G+ communities. We will be more than happy to test them and feature them into the Ostore and let the community test them.
You can also send your APK to firstname.lastname@example.org
Each winner will be rewarded with a special Hacker Edition of the TrueSmart which will be shipped end of February. These Limited Edition models will be marked from #1 to #10 with a customized laser printed battery cover + each winner will be granted VID early bird samples (Very Important Developer) of any new product development of Omate in 2014. We look forward to developing the TrueSmart Ecosystem with the Omate Developer community!
Thanks for your support,
Omate TrueSmart Team
Google+ : +Omate TrueSmart
Visit us at MWC Barcelona: Hall 7 - 7F21