Omate® TrueSmart™ truly standalone water-resistant smartwatch, works independently from and with all smartphones. 3G, Voice & Gestures! Read more
This project was successfully funded on September 20, 2013.
1GB+8GB shipment / Friday's winner #TrueSmartHackaton / CES Las Vegas
First of all, let me wish you all a Happy New Year!
It has been a crazy journey since we have launched the TrueSmart on Kickstarter. The TrueSmart is definitely part of the most advanced wearable devices to date. Thanks to the OUI ecosystem, we do believe the TrueSmart is by far the best smartwatch 2.0. We are writing together the first pages of a new exciting segment in the Consumer Electronics field.
We are very grateful to you for all the support we have received from you after the campaign even though we - Omate - made mistakes and faced many roadblocks but “Smooth seas don't make skillful sailors” :-)
The Team has learnt a lot from this experience and 2014 is going to be an exciting year for Omate.
I want to address our special thanks to the Alpha Developers who are working on the Oapps through the #TrueSmartHackaton.
• The breaking news of today’s update is that we will upgrade the backers who have pledge the 512MB+4GB (1900MHz) to 1GB+8GB (1900MHz).
• The main reason is that if we did not do so we would have delayed their shipment until February and that was not acceptable.
• These backers will still be among the last ones to receive their pledge while they were actually part of the very first people to back us so that’s why we are happy to upgrade them to compensate that delay.
Therefore, we will upgrade every 1900MHz backers to 1GB+8GB
• The EU backers who have pledged for the 512MB+4GB enjoyed real early bird deliveries. Please do not feel disadvantaged Vs your American fellows.
• We are offering a free TrueSmart PCB keychain to those of you who pledged 1GB+8GB compared to 1GB+4GB as confirmed in the previous updates.
Current working view of the shipment planning start per model*:
1. 512MB+4GB (2100MHz EU): Ongoing
2. 1GB+8GB (1900MHz US): Beginning of January (FCC will be officially released anytime soon)
3. 1GB+8GB (2100MHz EU): Mid of January
4. 512MB+4GB (1900MHz US): upgraded to 1GB+8GB (1900MHz US): End of January
*Please note that the above dates are shipment start so it takes a few weeks between first and last shipments as they are shipped out one by one. Thanks
Here is the winner of the #TrueSmartHackaton 1 / Friday Jan 3rd session: +Raimund Z for:
#TrueSmartHackaton Number 1: Next announcement:
- Jan 10
#TrueSmartHackaton Number 2:
- Jan 31
- Feb 7
- Feb 14
- Feb 21
- Feb 28
Each winner will be rewarded with a special Hacker Edition of the TrueSmart which will be shipped end of February. These Limited Edition models will be marked from #1 to #10 with a customized laser printed battery cover + each winner will be granted VID early bird samples (Very Important Developer) of any new product development of Omate in 2014. We look forward to developing the TrueSmart Ecosystem with the Omate Developer community!
By the way, we will have a booth at the CES Las Vegas next week (South 4 - #36635) Feel free to visit us if you are around as we are always pleased to meet our backers in real life.
Laurent Le Pen
Omate TrueSmart Community Forums: www.omate.com/forum