STAX - A Better Way to Play & Teach
STAX - A Better Way to Play & Teach
A project worth funding for the fun of playing, STAX is also set to introduce a revolutionary system for education and advertisement
A project worth funding for the fun of playing, STAX is also set to introduce a revolutionary system for education and advertisement Read more
About this project
Welcome to OmniHanded Interactive's project page for STAX: The Game.
HISTORY of STAX - Stacks, as it was first titled, was actually created several years ago by Joe Edley, who sought to create a card-based game that eliminated 'luck of the draw' from the equation.
THE GAME FOR FUN - Standard Rules fo GamePlay (take these to the demo** www.omnihanded.com> with you):
- Pieces move to capture other pieces that are EITHER the same shape OR the same color
- Capturing (moving) pieces may capture other pieces located any distance away in the same row OR same column
- A successful 'capture' leaves the capturing (moving) piece on top of the captured (stationary) piece
- Players continue capturing pieces until only one final piece (STACK) remains
- Pieces can be arranged in any structure; a grid with equal rows & columns is the most common and considered the 'Standard' set-up.
**don't get discouraged! the 4 x 4 grid is for demonstration purposes and is a very difficult level to start on. When the app/game is launched, we'll use 3 x 3 puzzles for the tutuorial and first chunk of levels.
For the standard game, we'll build a logic engine containing proprietary algorithms capable of formulating, solving, and assigning difficulty to each puzzle. It will be configured to allow easy modification of rules, images, piece-arrangement, and piece behavior during/after the capture event.
STAX for EDUCATION - As you’ve seen in the video, STAX can be used to teach, reinforce, and test learning of almost any academic subject. Learning versions will first be made available in the form of decks of cards followed thereafter by the S.I.C. (STAX Integrated Classroom) featuring subject matter chosen based on local & national public school curriculum.
Here's an earlier diagram of the S.I.C.:
ADVERTISING - STAX’ flexibility is likewise what makes it an unequaled brand and product advertising vehicle. Picture the STAX grid with your company imagery, logos, products, or any other visual portrayal of your branding that you’d like consumers to remember. We simply change the imagery and employ the standard rules (matching color or shape in the same row or column). The result is a game made for fun that's just as fun when it promotes products or brands!
KICKSTARTER PROJECT - How we intend to use the funds:
- The logic engine, as mentioned previously
- As you can see in the video, we need to polish our graphics, create animations, integrate music, and establish our user/member administration
- Deep research and development of our integrated classroom system. This project will fully fund a ‘model classroom’ that will be used to test, tweak, and perfect our system while also providing quantitative proof of the educational benefits STAX provides
- Development team +1~2 people
- Additional equipment & infrastructure
- Legal & regulatory (to make sure were fully legit and secure in our approach)
- Reward fulfillment (obviously)
What we’ll create/deliver:
- STAX Standard – iOS / Android / Windows Mobile / PC / Mac, and physical card game
- STAX Education – iOS / Android / Windows Mobile / PC / Mac, and physical card game
- STAX model ‘Integrated Classroom’ delivered free of charge to a public school in Michigan
- A robust user community including leader-boards and multi-player (cooperative & competitive versions)
Remember, Kickstarter is ALL or NONE, and we need you!!!
A FINAL NOTE - We want all of our backers to brag to their friends next summer that they helped make STAX a reality. And I personally guarantee that at the very least you'll al be proud of having supported this.
We thank you again for your time and support!Special Thanks:
Destiny Games & Jungle Java (Canton, MI), Canton Public Library, Carol Ravichandran, @EliteAndBright - for keeping the true spirt of social networking alive, and ALL our backers who've pledged their money or their support!
Risks and challenges
Our biggest challenge after completing the project will be to continue delivering worthwhile content for all versions of STAX. I can assure to anyone reading this that we've already established a 10-year plan for STAX. The very nature of the game allows for virtually infinite variability in rules, configurations, and media type. Picture the standard version of STAX with 3 grids arranged in layers (one on top of the other) and moving pieces up or down a level based on the piece in the same position above or below it. We've come up with over two-dozen such variations that will be tested down the road to determine which are worthy of introduction!
Likewise, we'll need to stay razor focused on perfecting our education system AND reducing (wherever possible) the total delivered cost of that system to make STAX a practical possibility for more educational institutions both here in North America & around the world.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)