What I'm doing:
In celebration of love and mathematics, I'd like to created this collection of 100 enamel pins and coordinating accessories. It's a pretty big collection so I need your help to do it!
The animated short was, like all the best stories, a book first. Written and illustrated by Norton Juster (who also wrote The Phantom Tollbooth), and was published by Random House in 1963. The story was inspired by Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions, in which the protagonist visits a one-dimensional universe called Lineland, where women are dots and men are lines.
I was recently reminded of this mathematically inclined, Academy award winning, romantic, short animated film (produced by Chuck Jones of Bugs Bunny fame, etc...) when my brother (a data scientist) announced his engagement to a fun-loving, beautiful, and vibrant entertainer from London. He has always been an enigmatic "line" and I was excited to hear that he had finally found his "dot", thus I was inspired to make this collection of enamel pins and accessories.
The Kickstarter goal is set to the absolute minimum I need to make 100 Dot + Line pins. I'll be giving you free domestic shipping.
Other accessories will be unlocked as funding for them increases based on vote by pledge tier.
For example, lets say I make funding for the pins, then any type of accessory that receives a combination of 10 backers (or close to it) will also be produced.
So, if the earrings in gold receive 2 backers but the black version receives 8 backers then BOTH the gold and black versions will be produced because I only need to have one mold created that will work for both colors. If you have questions about this, please email me, I'm happy to elaborate or clarify anything.
If I don't make enough to fund the entire collection (about 1K) and you've pledged at a higher level than what get's produced, you'll have the option to double up on what's unlocked or choose from pins and accessories that I've made in the past. You can see those things here.
After the primary goal is reached, as long as 10 people back for these items, I'll produce them in limited 100 piece batches according to demand.
Domestic (U.S) shipping is included on all reward tiers!
Canada: 9.00 UK & Australia: 13.00
Everywhere else: 15.00
Don't see a reward tier that has exactly what you'd like to get?
Just reach out and let me know what you want, I'm happy to add the options you'd most like to see!
Please follow me on Instagram!
@OGHMC and/or @Holly_with_a_why I post a lot of project updates there, so if you want the first news, that is the best place to get it.
Risks and challenges
This is the part where I tell you everything that could go wrong, but hopefully won't and also some other info that's good to keep in mind:
1. The BIGGEST challenge I have is getting the word out about the project. I'm an introvert and I'm super shy about asking for help (money/exposure, etc...) so getting the word out about the project really isn't easy for me, but that's where y'all come in! If each of you shares it just one or two times, you'll have way more impact on getting these produced than if I annoy my same 424 FB friends 5x a day for a month.
2. International backers are responsible for any extra taxes or postage due once you get your package. I try to make sure all the paperwork is filled out correctly, and that there's adequate postage applied to your package, but for some reason the government may decide it wants to take a little extra. This is not my fault.
3. When your shipping label is printed out, if you have given me your email, you will receive a tracking number. This doesn't mean that your package has been dropped in the mail yet, only that the label has been printed. Give it a few days before you start tracking.
4. I'll always be transparent with y'all about everything that's going on, even if there's bad news, so if you want to know something about the project and I haven't addressed it yet, just ask!
5. I set the delivery date to April just in case something happens, but I would love to get these out by the beginning of March. I probably won't be able to make them in time for Valentines Day.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)