At the beginning of last year I created the Ruth Bader Ginsburg pin in response to a request by someone who has repeatedly backed past projects. I also created a successful Kickstarter campaign around it.
Well, she sold out hella quick, because RBG is AMAZING.
This is her:
I was then asked by another backer to do a Bayard Rustin pin, because he is also AMAZING. So I thought, oh, this could be a thing, they are kinda on the same team... and there are super hero movies everywhere right now, which lead me to the idea of the Social Justice League.
I decided to make this campaign to fund a new round of Ruth Bader Ginsburg pins with redesigned backer cards and also to expand on the collection by funding the production of the Bayard Rustin pin, as well as other Social Justice League members through stretch goals that are voted on by Y'all!
I want to try a couple new things with the stretch goals, because I want to make things that are loved.
The first stretch goal is already decided, but it's a mystery unless we make the goal, then all will be reveled! The backer to guess who it is correctly by posting in the comments before we hit the goal will get one as a thank you.
The second and and subsequent stretch goals will be voted on by backers. Just leave a comment on which Social Justice League member you'd like to see immortalized in enamel pin form. If we hit the goal, you all get to vote on who's idea gets to be realized.
Domestic (U.S) shipping is included on all reward tiers!
UK & Australia: 13.00
Everywhere else: 15.00
I like making things that bring attention to causes I find to be important, like human rights of all kinds, and generally things that make life better for everyone involved... which is literally everyone. I regularly make pins with the purpose of giving to the ACLU or to the EDF and this time is no different. While this is not a campaign to raise funding for charity, I will be giving 1.00 from my own pocket to the ACLU for each reward request that's fulfilled, because look at this mess that is the U.S.of A. right now. We CAN have nice things y'all, I know if we try, we can.
Please follow me on Instagram! @OGHMC and/or @Holly_with_a_why I post a lot of project updates there, so if you want the first news, that is the best place to get it.
Don't see a reward tier that has exactly what you'd like to get? Just reach out and let me know what you want, I'm happy to add the options you'd most like to see!
Risks and challenges
Risks and challenges
This is the part where I tell you everything that could go wrong, but hopefully won't and also some other info that's good to keep in mind:
1. The BIGGEST challenge I have is getting the word out about the project. I'm an introvert and I'm super shy about asking for help (money/exposure, etc...) so getting the word out about the project really isn't easy for me, but that's where y'all come in! If each of you shares it just one or two times, you'll have way more impact on getting these produced than if I annoy my same 424 FB friends 5x a day for a month.
2. International backers are responsible for any extra taxes or postage due once you get your package. I try to make sure all the paperwork is filled out correctly, and that there's adequate postage applied to your package, but for some reason the government may decide it wants to take a little extra. This is not my fault. I will try to work with you to find a solution to any issues you may have though.
3. When your shipping label is printed out, if you have given me your email, you will receive a tracking number. This doesn't mean that your package has been dropped in the mail yet, only that the label has been printed. Give it a few days before you start tracking.
4. I'll always be transparent with y'all about everything that's going on, even if there's bad news, so if you want to know something about the project and I haven't addressed it yet, just ask.
5. I set the delivery date to May just in case something happens, but again, see #4. I'm actually hoping to get them out in April.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)