About this project
Huge thanks to all our backers, you have made Obtainium a reality. Thank you for all the support and feedback.
Obtainium consist of an American, two Aussies and a Swede. Each of us has around 10 years of product development experience, we know what it takes to go from an idea to real product. We also understand the many pitfalls that can put a project in jeopardy or weaken its design intent. Hong Kong is a major hub for design and manufacturing, and this is where we all met. Now 50% of our team reside there, giving us the advantage of close supplier contact and constant quality control.
...Obtainium's Design philosophy...
We get deep satisfaction from creating a delicious user experience. A good design is pleasing to the eyes, to the touch, functionally superior and provides reliable service over its long lifespan.
...Why do I want one?...The Obtainium wallet is for people who want to simplify their life. Who appreciate refined quality and design. Obtainium wallets are made from aircraft grade aluminum and hard coated to a satin texture; this gives it outstanding durability and a hand feel unlike anything else.
Plastic cards are used for most purchases these days so we created a quick insertion and removal system. This provided the basis for the design. All the inner surfaces are tapered to allow cards to slide easily under the strap. Our unique strap system is the key to how the Obtainium wallet can hold your items securely while making it easy to access your cards, with or without opening the wallet! - Plus it's just plain sexy!
...Tech specs...- The Sexiest wallet around!
- Made from hard durable stuff. (Aircraft Aluminum with a scratch-resistant hard anodized coating)
- Will hold 8 cards and some cash or 10 cards and no cash.
- Tight jeans compatible, slim design, tapered edges and low friction coating make it high on "pocket slip-ability"
- Completely stain & waterproof.
- Future-proof; soon all cards will convert to RFID. Further down the road cash will be obsolete. It’s functionality gets better with age.
- Just 15mm thick, 100mm(L) x 70mm (W) 86grams
..... Rewards - Simplified ......
1. $5 Show support, we are feeling the love. THANKS!
2. Color cash bridge set with O-rings. 3 sets Red, Zest & Zeal. (Just add $15 to your pledge if you would like this set.)
3. $25 CNC cut, sand blasted, hard anodized.... Keychain!
4. $99 Early bird, Only 200 pieces available! Choose from Platinum Grey, Gold bar or Military Olive.
5. $115 Sleepy bird, Only 200 pieces available! Choose from Platinum Grey, Gold bar or Military Olive.
6. $125 Our Kickstarter special price! Choose from Platinum Grey, Gold bar or Military Olive.
7. $150 Kickstarter only edition, Limited to 100 pieces. Numerical laser etching: KS-001-YOUR NAME. In Military Olive with Kickstarter green "cash bridge".
** All have free shipping worldwide, we like to keep things simple. **
...Where we become a team ...
Supporting our project will allow us to get our minimum order quantity for our first production run, pay for tooling and continue development work. When this project is a success Obtainium will go on to make many more innovative products. We truly appreciate your support and hope to return the favor by creating products you love to use. Help us break our funding goal by spreading the word. You guys ROCK!
...A big thanks to...
- All our backers, we heart you.
- Lindsey Stirling and her manager for letting us use her track Crystallize. Go support her on itunes as well!
- Our wives, girlfriends and families for their support. XOXO
- SRP for their excellent support, for suggesting improvements and finding great suppliers to manufacture the Obtainium wallet.
- Kickstarter, for providing an awesome platform to launch our great product
- Jeb Corliss for collaborating with us, and inspiring us to push the boundaries. Follow him on facebook
Risks and challenges
Let’s be honest here, things can go wrong. We have developed a detailed plan for every possible issue we can think of, as well as a plan for unforeseen problems.
In our product development experience we have seen many projects come and go, some successful, some not so much. We see three major risks to getting a project out on time.
1- Design does not meet well with reality and requires revision.
2- Quality does not meet expectations and requires scraping the first production run.
3- Real lead times are not known and suppliers give unrealistic lead times.
Our plan for these issues:.
1- We are totally confident in the design. The product has had months of testing and hundreds of printed prototypes including aluminum prototypes and small production runs. We also have a group of beta testers.
2- We have delayed release to do small production runs to work on quality control processes. Quality is now up to our expectations.
3- Having good suppliers you can trust goes a long way. A working relationship with a record of meeting lead times helps too.
The worst case scenario would be a significant delay in delivery time. We will be doing everything in our power to ensure this does not happen or is minimized as much as possible. We are confident in the product and don't see any unsolvable problems on this front. We have already completed small production runs and fixed problems that would have caused problems for people with less experience.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (45 days)