Update by Brandon Adler, Lead Producer
Hey, everybody. We have lots of cool Pillars of Eternity news for you today. Everything from our Update 3.0 Beta to a last chance to get your very own copy of Lords of the Eastern Reach.
Last chance at Lords of the Eastern Reach!
As most of you know, Lords of the Eastern Reach is a card game from Zero Radius Games that is based on the Pillars of Eternity license. The game had a successful Kickstarter last year and Zero Radius Games is about to send the game for printing.
If you didn't get a chance to put in an order, but want to get your hands on the game in the near future, there is still time. Just head over to its Backer Portal and make a pledge! Even better, if you already have an account made for the Pillars of Eternity Backer Portal it will work with the Lords of the Eastern Reach portal.
Update 3.0 Beta
In preparation for The White March - Part II launching next month we are putting out a 3.0 Beta on Steam.
The 3.0 Update comes with a ton of changes, bug fixes, and new features. We need your help in looking over everything to make sure that the community is happy with the direction of some of these changes. If you are able, we would really appreciate that you opt into the Beta patch and supply feedback in our forums. As always, you guys are what helps to make Pillars of Eternity the best game it can be.
Here is a small list of features and changes that we would like feedback on:
- The value/feeling of Athletics and Survival, both on their own and relative to other skills. Do any of the Survival bonuses feel way out of line with the other bonuses?
- How do Knockout Injuries feel? Are they too punishing? Not punishing enough? Do any injuries feel way out of line with other injuries?
- Assuming you like the idea of Story Time, how does it feel to you? Does it make the game more enjoyable for you, or does it just remove combat as an obstacle that you didn't like in the first place?
- Do you like the new Stronghold Adventures? Do you like the narrative elements of them? How do the unique items you get from them feel? Do any of the unique items seem out of line with other items considering their relative difficulty level (i.e., comparing Minor to Minor, Grand to Grand)?
- Do you like the presentation and content of the Stronghold Visitor Dilemmas? How do you feel about the setup of the scenes? Are there any dilemmas that you don't like? Do you feel like the dilemmas all give you a good range of options for resolving them?
- Does the combat in the last third of the main game (from Elmshore on) feel better? Specifically, have we removed enough battles that feel like trash mobs or filler? Have we improved the fights there so they are a) challenging and b) more interesting?
- The same question, but on levels 7, 8, and 11 of the Endless Paths of Od Nua.
For a more in-depth look at some of the changes and fixes, head over here and check it out.
Hey, modders! Have you been looking for an easier way to translate Pillars of Eternity into different languages? The Obsidian Tools Localization Builder is the answer.
With the Localization Builder you can quickly and easily translate Pillars of Eternity and The White March just like we do here at Obsidian.
To get more information about the Localization Builder watch the video below. This video will tell you a bit about the Localization Builder and explain how to set it up.
Note: The Localization Builder requires a legitimate copy of Excel to work correctly. If you use a pirated version it may not work properly.
Note: It is also for Windows only. We have no plans on making OSX or Linux versions for the future.
You can download the Localization Builder here.
You can download the associated Excel files here.
With the release of our Localization Builder, the Eternity team wanted to showcase some of the unofficial fan translations for Pillars of Eternity. Everyone here at Obsidian really appreciates the hard work that you guys put in to spread the game to as many people as possible.
Here are some languages below:
German localizations here. (Created by Phobi666)
Italian localizations here. (Created by improbabile)
French localizations here. (Created by r-e-d)
Spanish localizations here. (Created by MemnochPSA)
Japanese localizations here. (Created by fackman and Synctam)
If people would like to assist in getting more translation fixes in, they can post here on the forums.
German localization thread here.
Italian localization thread here.
French localization thread here.
Russian localization thread here.
Spanish localization thread here.
If you would like to perform translations in new languages you can use the Obsidian Tools Localization Builder. Just check out the video above.
That's it for this update. Our next update will be about Pillars of Eternity's latest companion, Maneha.