About this project
Oh! Hi there, it’s me: NYIKO. Welcome to the beginning of something grand. For the last 18 months, I have been writing and recording music to share with you. The product is a five song EP that I hope to debut as my first EVER vinyl release. I have spent months listening, note-taking, scrutinizing, and re-working these songs. With the help of a great sound engineer, incredibly talented musician friends, and many critical ears, I believe this is my best sounding release to date. After collaborating with a good friend and incredibly skilled artist, Jasmine Parsia, it will also be my best looking release to date.
Here is the first single "Island I Would" featured on Always Always.
And here is the second single "Say What You Mean" off of Always Always.
If you are unfamiliar with my music, you can listen to my past projects here: www.nyiko.com. Also, a few clips from the new EP are featured in the video above.
I recruited OVER FIFTEEN of the most talented artistic people I know to contribute pieces inspired by the album. Their work will be featured in an ARTBOOK that will serve as an album companion.
Below is a list of artists who contributed: Samuel Baker-Salmon, Nyiko Beguin, Kerri Cordeiro, Nicholas Eff, Jessa Gilbert, Stephen Hart, Samuel Liebert, Phoebe Low, Avery McIntosh, Jenny Mudarri, Chris Norris, Jasmine Parsia, Chad Porter, Lily Russell, Paige Simpson, Annie Sollinger, William Trowbridge, and Brian Zager.
As I am not being backed by a label to release this album, I am inviting you to participate in creating and releasing my most accomplished work yet. In exchange for your monetary participation, you will receive updates on the project progress as well as exclusive rewards described on this page (and in the video above).
The proceeds of the campaign will offset the costs of:
- Tracking, Mixing, and Mastering the album
- Pressing the album to vinyl
- Designing and Printing the album artwork
- Registering, Copywriting, and Licensing the album
- Publishing the Art Book
(listed on the side of this page with additional details below):
**REWARD PRICING IS INCLUSIVE OF ALL SHIPPING COSTS**
- VINYL EP will be a limited edition 186 gram audiophile-quality colored vinyl pressing. It will be packaged in a full color printed vinyl jacket with artwork and insert designed by Jasmine Parsia and myself.
- ART BOOK – Over FIFTEEN artists have been hard at work creating pieces for this album. They have made some truly incredible stuff. All of the artwork will be printed in a beautifully bound book. Here is a sneak peak:
- SILK SCREEN POSTER – This will be a hand-printed limited edition 12”x12” print designed to celebrate the release of the album and art book.
- VHS TAPE PAINTING – For several years, I have been fascinated by the VHS tape and the ability to transform it into a painting canvas, mixed media collage, and sculpture. You can receive a one-of-a-kind VHS tape painting by yours truly. Here is an example below. See more at my website (www.nyiko.com/art).
- CASSETTE TAPE PAINTING - You can receive a one-of-a-kind Cassette tape painting by yours truly. It is slightly smaller than the VHS tape paintings. Here is an example below.
- ONE-OFF COVER – Do you want to hear me cover your favorite Billy Ocean song? Sounds great! I will produce and record a cover of any song of your choosing. A high quality audio file will be sent to you with a personal dedication embedded in the file. Here is a cover I did of Kurt Vile's "Peeping Tomboy"
- HOUSE SHOW – I will give you a live performance in the comfort of your own home. It will be unforgettable, guaranteed!…unless you fall victim to amnesia or go senile. Limited to be within 200 miles of Burlington, VT. If you are lucky, I may even grow a mustache for you!
Below you will find a reward summary to help clarify exactly what you'll get in each tier. Take a look to ensure that your expectations are in line with what is shown in the grid. This should also help show the value that has been packed into each of the tiers!
* If you have further questions about any of the rewards, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment.
THIS PROJECT WILL NOT SUCCEED WITHOUT YOU!
After you have participated in this kickstarter, PLEASE TELL EVERYONE ABOUT YOUR PARTICIPATION AND SPREAD THE LINK FAR AND WIDE: http://bit.ly/alwaysalways
All of the very best,
Press Photos by Lauren Mazzotta
Video shot by Wondermind, edited by William Trowbridge, Directed by NYIKO
Collage of the ART (from l-r, top to bottom): Nicholas Eff, Brian Zager, Kerri Cordeiro, William Trowbridge, and Annie Sollinger.
What is a Kickstarter?: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kickstarter
Thread Magazine article: http://bit.ly/16PH51s
Monadnock Ledger Transcript article: http://bit.ly/1bYMRu3
Risks and challenges
Vinyl Release Date – Once the project is fully funded, the album will be sent to be mastered and pressed to vinyl and the artwork will be printed. The finished vinyl pressings will then be shipped to me and I will ship them to you! Depending on the workload of the manufacturer, this could take anywhere between TWO to FOUR MONTHS from the conclusion of the campaign.
Art Book Release Date – Once the electronic design of the art book has been sent to the printers, turnaround time is between FOUR to SIX WEEKS.
Admission to the Release Party - Capacity for the venue of the Release Party is capped at 250 people. As such, rewards that include admission to the party are subject to change if the 250 limit is reached.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)