Dynamic performers Nutritious & Wilder are developing a selection of tasteful new art and music together and serving it fresh.
Who are we?
Nutritious is world-class dj, touring musician, and producer. He is co-host of a weekly internet radio show, founder of the Brooklyn Shakedown weekly party and Spin Spin record label. He’s also scored two films and co-authored a New York Times bestselling wellness & lifestyle book. In his spare time, he thinks up big ideas like this crowdfunding campaign.
Wilder is a dancer, performance artist, model, and vocalist. Also, she is the co-host of a weekly internet radio show, founder of the Brooklyn Shakedown weekly party and Spin Spin record label. She has performed at numerous national and international events and is often heard on the latest Nutritious track. In her spare time, she manages many business aspects of the duo and makes great things happen.
What are we doing?
Nutritious & Wilder are producing an album, music video, and planning a tour across the map.
Why are we doing it?
Firstly, passion. This is what we live for - touring, making music and records, creating art and interactive experiences that brighten people’s day, and working to make this world a more enjoyable place. Secondly, necessity. The record industry has changed, drastically. While the previous giants of the record industry are either closing their doors entirely or struggling with change management and the quest to find the next profitable business model, innovative and flexible homegrown artists like ourselves are embracing new technologies like crowdfunding and social media to revolutionize the industry...and create new jobs.
We see the advantage of directly activating our fans and business networks to pre-fund our projects, thereby retaining complete ownership of our work, creating and strengthening our bonds with backers, and creating a direct marketplace for our current and future work. Project backers will receive special products and enhanced experiences that are unique to this campaign. Rather than running scared, we’re really excited to be a part of this revolution in the music industry.
How are we doing it?
Over the past year, we've assembled a team of professional creatives to aide in the production of each distinct concept: Production, Promotion, and Touring. We have sourced our booking agency, management firm, video producer, lighting director, and set designer. Further contracts and acquisitions are being secured while the album and stage show are being composed and designed as you read this.
How will the funds be used?
Our main objective is to reach a crowdfunding goal of approximately $60,000. The all-or-nothing scope of the Kickstarter platform sees us setting our benchmark at approximately 30% of that goal ($20,000). Since we simply can not receive your funding if we don't exceed our benchmark, we've set the amount to an earnest $17,500, which is just below the minimum amount necessary to carry out the Production and Promotion tiers of our project.
So, assuming we meet our absolute minimum Kickstarter benchmark of $20,000:
25% - Project Fees
- This portion of funding will go to the cost of this Kickstarter campaign, credit card transaction fees, processing fees, and the production costs of the campaign video above
65% - Production
- This portion of funding will be used to produce the album and music video
10% - Promotion
- This portion of funding will be used to promote the album and music video
If we meet our total campaign goal of $60,000:
25% - Project Fees
- This portion of funding will go the cost of this Kickstarter campaign, credit card transaction fees, processing fees, and the production costs of the campaign video above
25% - Production
- This portion of funding will be used for production of the album and music video
15% - Promotion
- This portion of funding will be used for promotion of the album and music video
35% - Touring
- This portion of funding will be used for developing a stage show and launching a tour
Extra money earned above our $60,000 goal will enable us to enhance our stage show and increase promotion of the Touring tier.
When will this happen?
May 2012 - album and video pre-release/promotion
June 2012 - tour development release/promotion
July 2012 - official release and tour
How can I help?
- Contribute to the campaign. As little as a dollar or as much as you want. We have funding rewards for every contribution level, from personal rewards to business sponsorships. You may even contribute anonymously by setting an assumed username.
- Give a dollar and tell a friend. If you can only pledge a small amount, we urge you to encourage friends to back the project, too. With this effort, we’ll reach our goal in no time.
- Talk about this campaign on Facebook & Twitter
- Post about this campaign on your blogs and newsletters
- Explain to your friends and family why you think this project is fun and important. Project rewards also make great gifts.
- Keep listening to and supporting independently produced music!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.