The Project: To take "Now That She's Gone" to the Edinburgh, Scotland, Fringe Festival in August of 2011 for its European premiere!
I wrote my show, "Now That She's Gone" to both entertain, heal families and help spread the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) through theater.
An already popular show in the U.S., NTSG garners standing ovations whether it's been for audiences in New York City, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, Minneapolis or Bismarck, North Dakota.
“Now That She’s Gone” is a solo show that has something for everyone even people who HATE solo shows.
Contrast a liberated Viking throw-back daughter, exploring everything on the horizon, with a stoic Norwegian-American mother who sounds like she just got off the boat, and you get a flavor of the NTSG smorgasbord. Full of humor and poignancy, as well as human rights and history, NTSG is universal in its appeal and reaches across age, gender, race, religion, political affiliation and sexual orientation to bring something identifiable to all who see it: how we relate to the most important relationship in our lives… our parents.
This is what others have said about NTSG:
- Gloria Steinem, feminist, journalist, political and social activist says, “Ellen has a gift for being serious and funny, making you laugh and understand at the same time… a modern day Stendhal.”
- Riane Eisler, author of “The Chalice and the Blade” says,“Ellen’s play is a must see. Her performance is stupendous! The play is funny, moving…like real life; itcomes from the heart.”
- Nora Dunn, “Saturday Night Live” Alumsays, “Ms. Snortland delivers a poignant and completely original insight into the mother/daughter relationship that is deeply moving, andoften profound."
- Ken Gruberman, 6 time Grammy winner says, “I liked Ellen’s play so much I married her!”
Nominated for a 2008 Pulitzer Prize in Drama, “Now That She’s Gone” was first produced by EMP Theatricals, LLC, at the 2008 NY International Fringe Festival.
HOW TO MAKE A PLEDGE FOR “NOW THAT SHE’S GONE to Edinburgh!” USING KICKSTARTER.COM
The following are detailed instructions on how to pledge your support (and hopefully your money on April 25th!) for Ellen’s show going to Scotland. The instructions may sound complicated, but the whole process — if you already have an Amazon account — takes less than a minute! Ready? Set? GO!
1. Go to http://www.kickstarter.com
2. Click once in the search field at the top of the page and type the word “Snortland” (without the quotes) into the search field. The search field is just to the right of the words “Discover” and “Start,” and has a small “magnifying glass” on the left side, and a small “x” on the right side.
As soon as you’ve typed the word “snortland” the words “Now That She’s Gone” will appear underneath the search field. Click on the red words “NOW THAT SHE’S GONE”
3. On the next page, click the large, green “BACK THIS PROJECT” button.
4. Click in the “Enter your pledge amount” box and type in your pledge amount. You may also select a reward if desired. (You may also select “no reward.”) Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the big, green CONTINUE TO NEXT STEP button.
5. Now it’s time to login. If you have a Facebook account, simply click the “SIGN IN WITH FACEBOOK” button; it’s the easiest option. If you are already a kickstarter.com member, enter your email and password on the left side, where it says “log in.” If you are not a Kickstarter member, nor have a Facebook account, fill out the fields in the middle of the page: “New to Kickstarter?” All you need to enter is your name, an email address and a password. This is a free service, and the site will NOT send you unwanted email or sell your info to other parties.
6. Time for payment info! If you have an Amazon account, click the big, green CONTINUE TO AMAZON. If you don’t have an Amazon account, click the button anyway and select “I am a new customer” on the next page. An Amazon account will be created for you. Don’t panic! This does not obligate you to anything regarding Amazon or any other site; it’s simply a way to quickly process payments using Amazon’s excellent, time-tested “money collecting machine.”
One way or the other, you’ll get Amazon’s standard “email address and password” page; enter them and click the SIGN IN USING OUR SECURE SERVER button. You’ll then be on the Kickstarter Payment Authorization page. As you’d expect, you will see the payment method, billing address info and details. Once you’ve confirmed that everything is as it should be, click the CONFIRM button at the bottom right of the page.
7. On the next page you’ll see a CONGRATULATIONS message — you’ve done it! If you’ve got the time and the gumption, feel free to spread the word by sharing this project with friends. The easiest way is to click the small “f” to share this on Facebook.
Support this project
- (60 days)