Enter the world of Mistfall and Heart of the Mists once again, and forge its dark legends in a game of strategic movement, smart tableau building and hand management, played on a randomized board in no more than 60 minutes!
*photos taken by the talented Doctor Meeple.
The core of the game can be explained in 5 simple steps:
1. Perform 2 Actions by exhausting skill cards to move, fight, search, heal, or draw Fate cards.
2. Boost Actions with Fate cards in hand.
3. Flip exhausted cards to reveal new options.
4. Claim objectives, loot and new skills.
5. Draw a Fate card to move enemies.
1. Smart, fast and fun! Play a strategic dungeon crawler in under an hour!
2. A different game every time! Play as one of 13 playable characters, face 9 different Villains, and create a random dungeon every time!
3. Cooperative, competitive and solitaire! Work together with or against your friends – or enter the Shadowscape alone.
4. Leave your mark! Tell us what you think, and your voice will be heard.
5. Make the game better! Your support will help us make the game better for everyone.
6. Be among the first! Receive your game with no delay, with a set of Limited Stretch Goals and our undying gratitude!
7. Get the best deal! Bundle your game with a set of finely detailed miniatures for the ultimate Shadowscape experience!
- 60 Fate Cards
- 25 Room Cards
- 13 Hero Cards
- 52 Hero Action Cards
- 16 General Action Cards
- 9 Enemy Cards
- 17 Equipment Cards
- 19 Whisper Cards
- 5 Lord of the Dungeon Cards
- 4 Player Aid Card
- 30 Enemy tokens
- 10 Treasure tokens
- 40 Wound tokens
- 13 Hero tokens
- 5 Lord of the Dungeon tokens
Hearoes of Mistfall Miniatures Pack can also be used as an accessory with Heart of the Mists and Mistfall!
Video playthrough and review from Ricky Royal:
"I really like it. The artwork’s fantastic, the production quality is really good. The rules are simple and streamlined. Very quick to play, very fluid. The Action Cards and Fate Cards give you a lot of depth, allowing you to create strategies and develop your characters as you play through the dungeon. Look out for it, a great little addition to any collection."
"I am able to lead a group of heroes through the dungeon, thrilling my fellow players with a fast-paced entertaining game."
Ralf Togler, Kulkmann's G@mebox. Read the whole review.
"Shadowscape is a great endeavor, very original for a dungeon crawler. Together with Dungeon Twister, it's one of the unique games where neither fighting, nor movement uses dice or combat cards."
SwatSh, Vin d'Jeu. Read the whole review in French. You can also see the video review below:
Shadowscape has already been offered as an add-on during our previous Kickstarter campaign, therefore the artwork, rules and final draft of files for mass printing are ready. We plan to start manufacturing the new batch of game boxes within 5 weeks after the project ends. We will partner up with the factory which has helped us deliver superior quality for In the Name of Odin and Heart of the Mists.
As soon as production is over, we will ship containers to our fulfillment centres around the world. This way we can offer local delivery, customs free, for the following regions:
- USA, where backers will get their games from Funagain Games,
- EU, covered by fulfillment centers in UK and Poland,
- Canada, where our long term partner BoardgameBliss will ship the game boxes.
Backers from all other coutries will receive their rewards from Poland.
Risks and challenges
NSKN Games has been publishing quality board games since 2011. We entered Kickstarter in 2014 with our first project - Progress: Evolution of Technology - which was the first of a string of games (including one grand expansion) delivered to our backers without delays.
With six successful Kickstarter projects to our name, we are making use of our experiences to constantly improve our process, while decreasing any potential risks. Now, during our seventh Kickstarter campaign, we already know the ropes, and we have the knowledge and the experience to face any possible challenges in our way.
Our delivery track record proves that we have succeeded to stick to our promised timelines:
- Progress: Evolution of Technology: 95% of game boxes delivered on time,
- Exodus: Edge of Extinction: 98% of game boxes delivered on time,
- Mistfall: 97% of game boxes delivered on time,
- Simurgh: 95% of game boxes delivered on time,
- In the Name of Odin: 94% of game boxes delivered on time,
- Heart of the Mists: delivery ongoing.
Backers from Australia, Hong Kong, Taiwan and most locations in Central America will most likely receive their rewards later than the rest of the backers. Backers from these regions will receive packages from Poland, send via local postal services. These packages are sometimes sent via surface mail, thus it may take up to 3 months for these packages to reach their destinations.
As an add-on, Shadowscape has been delivered in very limited quantities to the backers of the Heart of the Mists project, which means that we have already produced a small stock of copies. The experience with producing the game itself allows us for an even more precise estimation of the delivery time needed, which is as close as possible to a guarantee of the game arriving at your doorstep on or before time.
Once again we will be working with tried and true partners, whose procedures and production cycles we know intimately. Our current partnerships include fulfillment companies in the EU, US and Canada.
However, in the unlikely event of anything going wrong, we have contingencies in place, as well as some spare time to deal with unexpected events. Still, an absolute worst case scenario may add a total of 15 to 30 days to delivery.
We are producing, packing and shipping large quantities of games, so there is always a chance of human error or damaging some game components. In any such case, please check our customer support on www.nskn.net, and we will try to resolve the matter swiftly, and to your satisfaction.
- (25 days)