Heart of the Mists is a fully cooperative card-based adventure game set in a dark fantasy world of wonder and peril. It can be played standalone or fully combined and integrated with Mistfall.
Mistfall: Heart of the Mists Gameplay Talkthrough by Rahdo from Rahdo Runs Through (follow Rahdo on Twitter: @Rahdo)
Mistfall: Heart of the Mists Preview by Michael from NVS Gameplays (follow NVS Gameplays on Twitter: @NVSGameplays)
Below you will also find Rahdo's final thoughts on Mistfall (the base game):
Samples of the Miniatures of Mistfall Heroes - work in progress
- Sample of Sigraed the Dawnfire Miniature - work in progress.
- Sample of the Venda the Ravencrag Fury Miniature - work in progress
- Sample of the Crow the Seeker Miniature - work in progress
- Sample of the Melekai the Duskbearer Miniature - work in progress
- Sample of the Valkea the Myrmidon Miniature - work in progress
- Sample of the Hareag the Frost Mage Miniature - work in progress
1. Your voice will be heard. Your involvement is very important to us, and we are here to listen to your opinions and ideas. We will answer each and every question in the comments or in a private message!
2. You will be among the first. You are our fan and backer, and we value your time and support, so we will do all humanly possible to ensure that you receive your game before it goes into general distribution.
3. You will make the game better for everyone. Your support makes the game better for you, but also for everyone else. It is thanks to you that our game will reach you and all of its fans with more content and better quality components.
4. You will receive everything. Your copy of the game will arrive at your door with all of the Kickstarter Limited items, and while we will not restrict anyone from getting them, others will have to purchase them at conventions or from the Boardgamegeek Store.
5. You can get more. You can add even more great games to your collection, and we will not add any extra shipping costs, to ensure you are getting the best deal possible.
* You should pledge at the $2 Dawnbreaker level if you own a first print copy of Mistfall and if you do not plan to get the Heart of the Mists expansion, as the very same pack of 13 cards are included for free in each expansion box.
Risks and challenges
NSKN Games has been publishing quality board games since 2011. We entered Kickstarter in 2014 with Progress: Evolution of Technology, which was our first project, and first of a string of games (including one grand expansion) delivered to our backers without delays or before the declared deadline.
With five successful Kickstarter projects to our name, we are making use of our experiences to constantly improve our process, while decreasing any potential risks. Now, during our sixth Kickstarter campaign, we already know the ropes, and we have the knowledge and the experience to face any possible challenges in our way.
Our delivery track record proves that we have succeeded to stick to our promised timelines:
- Progress: Evolution of Technology - 95% of game boxes delivered on time.
- Exodus: Edge of Extinction - 98% of game boxes delivered on time (out of which 52% delivered at least 1 month early).
- Mistfall - 97% of game boxes delivered on time (with 91% delivered at least 1 month early).
- Simurgh - delivery ongoing, estimated completion in late May and early June.
- In the Name of Odin - production ongoing, estimated completion of fulfillment by the end of Aug-2016.
With Mistfall: Heart of the Mists we are planning produce the game in the summer months and start shipping in September 2016, so that the game reaches our backers in October this year. As always, we have a detailed production and shipping plan in place, and we are working with some of the best manufacturers in the business. Whether game parts are produced in Poland, Germany or China, we will watch over the whole process and personally make sure that our backers receive the highest quality game components.
We will also work with tried and true partners who will aid us in the delivery process. Currently, we have dedicated fulfillment partners located in USA, Canada and in the EU.
However, it is said that no battle plan survives contact with the enemy, so we are (as always) prepared for unexpected delays. Although Mistfall: Heart of the Mists is very far in its development cycle and most of the art is ready, we are still setting aside some extra time in our production and shipping schedules. In the worst case scenario, the production may add a maximum of 15 days of delay, and shipping and customs an extra 15-25 day period.
We have learned dealing with large production runs from our own experiences, and from those of others. We have backup plans for most of the production and shipping processes. We are ready and prepared to deliver your games on time.
We are producing, packing and shipping large quantities of games, so there is always a chance of human error or damaging some game components. In any such case, please check our customer support on www.nskn.net, and we will try to resolve the matter swiftly, and to your satisfaction.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (16 days)