About this project
Simurgh is a unique strategy game set in a vibrant fantasy world where humans, mythical beasts and ancient magic coexist.
In Simurgh players build the might and wealth of powerful noble houses by exploring and exploiting new lands, recruiting new followers and breeding the titular dragons to make use of their special abilities.
Simurgh: Call of the Dragonlord is a premium expansion telling the next chapter of the history of the White City. Adding new tiles, a new board and the Wizard - a new Vassal that brings his powerful magic into the epic struggle of White City's factions.
or simply play online today for free on Tabletopia.
Rahdo Runs Through... Simurgh, introducing you to the game mechanisms, and offering an overall feel of the game:
Another unbiased review of Simurgh comes from Tom Vasel. Simurgh is proudly wearing Dice Tower's Seal of Approval.
For a deeper understanding of Simurgh you can watch the extended game play video:
"The components are gorgeous and of outstanding quality." - Cookie Monster written review on BoardGameGeek.
#5 - Shipping & customs
Risks and challenges
NSKN Games has been publishing quality board games since 2011. We have published 10 titles so far, with 3 of them - Progress: Evolution of Technology, Exodus: Edge of Extinction and Mistfall - financed through Kickstarter.
Our delivery track record is so far impeccable, each project was finalized and delivered before or by the deadline, in spite of tight self-imposed schedules. However, we are aware that each project has its own specific challenges and we plan to reduce the risk through careful planning and contingency measures.
With three successful projects we are making use of our experiences to improve our processes and further decrease any risks. As Simurgh is our fourth Kickstarter campaign, we already know the ropes, and with the time used to prepare not only the game, but also the campaign itself, we are ready to face any possible challenges.
Our goal with Simurgh and its expansion is to produce the game within 75 days from the campaign end, and to deliver before the end of May 2016. We already have a detailed production and shipping plan in place. Our main manufacturers are located in Poland, which allows us to supervise the production process personally on an almost daily basis in order to ensure that the game comes with the highest quality components, and that is manufactured in a timely manner.
The new challenge with Simurgh is the presence of laser-cut Plexiglas miniatures. This is a new technology for us and to test its reliability we published a limited print run of Simurgh copies, with all 350 copies sold out at Spiel '15 Essen.
The fulfilment will be handled by the same companies that helped us deliver Progress, Exodus and Mistfall. We're already familiar with their systems and vice-versa, thus we expect little to no delays on this front.
Although Simurgh is fully developed and most of the artwork for Call of the Dragonlord is ready, we are also prepared for unexpected delays. In the worst case scenario, finalizing the art could add delays of max. 15 days, production of 10 days and shipping & customs may add 15-25 days.
We are experienced at dealing with large production runs, and we are preparing backup plans for each step of our project, starting from production, through shipping, to final delivery.
With all of the above points in mind, we estimate that there is a 90% chance of a delivery at or before the deadline and only a 10% chance of a 30-45 days delay.
Because we are dealing with a large number of games produced, packed and shipped, there is always a chance for human error or damaged parts. If such a thing happens, please check out our customer support page on www.nskn.net and we will send you replacements with all due haste. We are consolidating all requests and shipping replacements on Mondays.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (10 days)