For an in-depth understanding of the game, download the draft rules.
Of all the Viking games I played so far, this one is probably my favourite. Watch a complete runthrough and review by Richard "Rahdo" Ham.
In the Name of Odin is a rather easy game to play, yet it offers a lot of choices. Watch a complete game with Michael Wißner from MiWi's Walkthrough Videos:
Finally, check out this quick preview recorded at the Nürnberg Toy Fair:
Although still a prototype, In the Name of Odin already makes a quite good impression. The game plays pretty fast and there is a lot going on. Read the full review by Ralf Toggler on www.boardgame.de.
Risks and challenges
NSKN Games has been publishing quality board games since 2011. We have published 10 titles so far, with 4 of them - Progress: Evolution of Technology, Exodus: Edge of Extinction, Mistfall and Simurgh - financed through Kickstarter.
Our delivery track record is so far impeccable, each project was finalized and delivered before or by the deadline, in spite of tight self-imposed schedules. Simurgh, funded in December 2015 is due to be delivered in May 2015, right on schedule. However, we are aware that each project has its own specific challenges and we plan to reduce the risk through careful planning and contingency measures.
With four successful projects we are making use of our experiences to improve our processes and further decrease any risks. As In the Name of Odin is our fifth Kickstarter campaign, we already know the ropes, and with the time used to prepare not only the game, but also the campaign itself, we are ready to face any possible challenges.
Our goal with In the Name of Odin is to produce the game within 90 days from the campaign end, and to deliver before the end of August 2016. We already have a detailed production and shipping plan in place.
The new challenge with In the Name of Odin is the presence of plastic miniatures. This is a new technology with which we have some degree of experience (Exodus had plastic miniatures) but we have enrolled the help of experts in this field.
The fulfillment will be handled by the same companies that helped us deliver Progress, Exodus and Mistfall. We're already familiar with their systems and vice-versa, thus we expect little to no delays on this front.
Although In the Name of Odin is fully developed and the artwork is 75% ready, we are also prepared for unexpected delays. In the worst case scenario, finalizing the art could add delays of max. 10 days, production of some extra 25 days and shipping & customs may add 10-15 days.
We are experienced at dealing with large production runs, and we are preparing backup plans for each step of our project, starting from production, through shipping, to final delivery.
With all of the above points in mind, we estimate that there is a 80% chance of a delivery at or before the deadline and only a 20% chance of a 30 days delay.
Because we are dealing with a large number of games produced, packed and shipped, there is always a chance for human error or damaged parts. If such a thing happens, please check out our customer support page on www.nskn.net and we will send you replacements with all due haste. We are consolidating all requests and shipping replacements on Mondays.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (16 days)