World Distributed Monthly Issued Photography Magazine
World Distributed Monthly Issued Photography Magazine
The first ever landscape and fine art photography magazine to really support photographers and readers. Made by photographers worldwide
The first ever landscape and fine art photography magazine to really support photographers and readers. Made by photographers worldwide Read more
About this project
What is this project for?
NOTINDOOR is a beautiful and inspiring landscape and fine art photography magazine like no one has ever seen before. And it's free! Yup, the magazine is free.
A Word From the Creator, Moshe Levis
As a photographer, I know what's it like to keep looking for opportunities to become a well known photographer and sell my images for what they are truly worth. In this day and age it is near impossible.
The fact that I did not have a chance of getting a degree in photography and simply learned everything I know from great instructors online, like Karl Taylor Photography for example - who is coherent, technical, fun and funny at times, and experiencing huge improvements, tells me how passionate I am about my photography. - And I'm very passionate about NOTINDOOR magazine.
Why is it free?
Because fans of fine photography deserve something of quality to enjoy without paying overpriced fees. But don't worry. NOTINDOOR will make profits from advertisement and product sales. That will allow us to bring you the best, month after month.
Who will like this?
Everyone and anyone with an eye for visual beauty and style. NOTINDOOR Photography Magazine is perfect for anyone wanting to get more from their photos. Whether they take them with a Digital SLR, camera phone or classic film cameras.
NOTINDOORS promises to be a good read for advance, amateur and professional photographers. While learning about your camera, how to use it and different photography techniques you get to enjoy stories from successful photographers, learn to improve from photo critiques, get updated on the latest news, experience breathtaking photographs, learn how to sell your own photographs and more. NOTINDOOR will keep you inspired, creative and informed.
Besides photos, what else will NOTINDOOR feature?
Articles, interviews and features that will appeal to photographers, buyers and hobbyists.
- "Location Scouting"
- "Photography Saves The World"
- "Astro Photography"
- "Macro Photography"
- "Tips of the month"
- "Know your camera"
- "Time to Print"
- "What's In My Bag"
- "It's All About the Lens"
- “Celebrity Photographer”
- “Welcome to the Jungle”
And a lot more...
NOTINDOOR is where every landscape and fine art photographer and photography enthusiast want to showcase their work. Including me. Including you. I want my photography to be seen and purchased everywhere, like Peter Lik's amazing photo galleries around the world.
And giving back. I know it might be a cliché, but it's true. I always thought that if I'll have a lot of money I could make a difference. Helping homeless youth, creating jobs for people in need and building homes.
By creating NOTINDOOR photography magazine and working hard on making it successful, we'll be able to help the community!
NOTINDOOR Photography Magazine is determine to help save the planet as much as possible. Some of the main parts of our planet are the oceans and the forests. We start with the trees, by not printing our magazine we help protect a few more trees. Of course it's not enough, but it's a start.
And we'll be more proactive as we go.
At the moment we have a hard working team that believes in NOTINDOOR and donating their time and creativity until the magazine can pay them and worldwide photographers.
Welcome our newest most talented addition to the family
They all need to get paid and continue working on bringing you one of the best photography magazines out there. For free!
Why do you need NOTINDOOR Photography Magazine to succeed?
- One of the biggest pain point for photographers is they don't get paid for capturing the most beautiful moments of our lives. This is why NOTINDOOR is committed to help photographers present their works and reward them for that. We are creating a community that can help photographers follow their dreams and eliminate the "I can't afford it" excuse many of us (including me) keep using. Bottom line is, we are going to pay EVERY SINGLE PHOTOGRAPHER that contributes to our magazine.
Why do you want NOTINDOOR Photography Magazine to succeed?
- NOTINDOOR Photography Magazine is the only monthly issued photo magazine that is completely free, which means it is one of your best opportunities to improve your photography skills, be inspired by photos you never imagined could be real, earn money for your photography and be in the known within the landscape and fine art photography industry.
- Other than the high quality articles and photos we provide, you get a breathtaking 8x10 print every month to enhance any space and start a beautiful collection. At the end of every year, this collection can win you a 2-week vacation and photography equipment!
- NOTINDOOR photography comes out with a special printed edition every 6 months containing the best articles, critiques and photos, printed on a high quality thick paper.
If you like photography, even as a hobby, you simply owe it to yourself.
Short Term Goals
Our short term goals are to have a full time local staff working on the magazine and perfecting it every day, bringing our readers the most interesting articles (we have a few awesome exclusive interview surprises for you), teaching beginners/advanced photographers using their cameras and perfecting their techniques, be known all over the US, send our first magazine issue to our subscribers by November 1st and pay all of our contributors. The staff will include: 2 writers, 1 editor, 1 photographer, 1 graphic designer and 1 social media expert.
- Make donations to the National Park organizations, ocean cleaning organizations and wildlife organizations that we support.
- Dedicated NOTINDOOR application for iPads and Macs.
- Open at least 1 photo gallery, in Los Angeles, to showcase and sell our contributors' works.
- Own real estate for the magazine
- Create a charitable foundation for youths while training them to become photographers and more.
- Staff that includes: 10 local writers, 3 local editors, 3 local photographers, 2 local videographers, 2 local graphic designers, social media marketing division and a few more positions to keep the magazine running smoothly.
We Can Make History
- So far, not even 1, free, monthly issued, magazine got funded on Kickstarter, especially a landscape and fine art magazine. With your help we can be the first!
- NOTINDOOR will be the first ever landscape and fine art magazine to pay for every single article, photo or video contributions. Making a huge income opportunities worldwide - only with your help.
Goal Bonuses (on top of your rewards)
- If you help us reach $50,000 - All backers will receive the January issue - No Ads Edition.
- If you help us reach $100,000 - All backers will receive two 8x10 prints from our collection and the January issue - No Ads Edition.
- If you help us reach $200,000 - All backers, who pledged $45 and up, will receive NOTINDOOR coffee table book, a 16x20 print from our collection and the January issue - No Ads Edition.
What Is A Good Magazine?
A good magazine should have a collection of interesting content and beautiful images that keep the reader engaged.
What Is A Great Magazine?
Other than interesting content and beautiful images. A great magazine should have a collection of useful articles, interesting stories, beautiful photos and not too many ads. It should have a flowing layout that helps it's readers browse through the pages and not get confused by what's next. One of the best qualities in a great magazine is that it can teach you something new with every issue, inspires you and improves your skills.
More About How We Help Photographers
A big part of doing photography for a living is… Correct. Making money! NOTINDOOR Photography gives all the possible tools to photographers:
- Online Store, where you can sell prints and stock photography.
- Members Gallery where we actually pay photographers to showcase their photos.
- Job Opportunities - our system lets readers and photographers hire and look for jobs/gigs
- Ways For Improvement via photo critiques, tutorials, hacks and tips
Free photography lessons every month.
and more surprises
And a couple more surprises.
Why Do We Need $15,000?
We figured that trying and making a new business work, when a team of people is involved, should not take more than 3 months. That's enough time to gain trust, prove our good work and make financial predictions.
This is what Kickstarter is all about, right?! Kickstart your business.
These 3 months costs are:
- Paying ALL published contributors
- Producing and sending out your rewards
- Producing high quality articles
- Creating the free lessons and workshops
- Software expenses
- The Kickstarter and Credit Card fees
The early birds among you can get our magazine subscription, No Ads Edition, for one year for only $45 instead of the full price of $119. That's almost 60% off!
If you pledge $100 for the 3 days of photography workshop for beginners you will be scheduled to come over to Hollywood and learn practical photography with Moshe Levis.
- You will learn how to use your DSLR
- What aperture, shutter speed, ISO etc mean
- How to shoot in Manual mode
- How to compose for more attractive images
- How to process the captured images
Some classes during the 3 days period will be indoors and some will be NOTINDOOR ;)
This special edition book is beautifully designed to showcase some of our most beautiful photography along with interesting facts and tips related to each and every photograph.
The book is an 8.5"x8.5" square that look really cool on your living room coffee table. It has a minimalistic contemporary feel to it.
NOTINDOOR book contains 100 pages, including:
- Thank you pages
- High quality photographs
- Well written stories, tips and facts
Important: Only ads related to photography, or beneficial for photographers, will be approved and put up. DO NOT choose these rewards if your ad is not photography related.
You can pledge $200 and have an ad placement on our website. All $200 ads are placed in our sidebars that show up almost in all our pages and on all our posts, articles, reviews, photos etc.
365 Days POTW Placement For $5,000 (less than $14 per day)
365 Days Panorama Placement For $3,000 (less than $9 per day)
365 Days Submission Placement For $3,000 (less than $9 per day)
365 Days Members Gallery Placement For $3,000 (less than $9 per day)
365 Days POTM Placement For $3,000 (less than $9 per day)
With your sponsorship, all contributing photographers will get paid for their amazing photos once this Kickstarter campaign is successfully funded.
When pledging $55 and up, you get to choose prints from our carefully curated collection showcasing photographers from around the world. Every photograph was hand picked to fit every space - bedroom, living room, office, gallery...
If you couldn't find a photo that you like, just let us know
Photos from David Hinnen
Photos from Oli Magg
Photos from Laimonas Ciūnys
Photos from Seth Van Der Linden
Photo from Moshe Levis
Photo from Girardet Karl
Photo from Chris Vasiliadis
Photo from Stephen Krawiec
Photos From Dagur Jonsson
Photos From Manuel Faessler
BIG THANK YOU TO:
Rebecca Levis - Amazing Wife!
Michael Kotler - The $1 Bill Flicker
Alex Roszczynska - Writer
Hadass Douek Oren - Writer
Risks and challenges
The challenges for this adventure of creating an amazing magazine, after it is successfully funded, will probably be:
1. Advertising it throughout the social medias.
2. Understanding who are the readers we attract for curating the best content that will fit them all.
3. The layout, which is ready, will have to be distributed to our readers who can give us wider feedback to how they feel about it.
These are some challenges every magazine have, but they are already in progress and we are finding creative and effective solutions with every passing day.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (31 days)