Retweet this post on Twitter to unlock additional goodies for everyone backing at tiers $5 and up! (We met our first goal, so we're gonna keep it going to the END of the campaign!)
Welcome to our Kickstarter! We are a team comprised of three VOCALOID producers: nostraightanswer, Circus-P, and EmpathP. We are best friends and musicians who have worked to spread the love of VOCALOID music around the world through both our individual creations and collaborations.
Nostraightanswer is a multimedia producer known for his artistic musical themes and his video editing skills. In addition to working with the VOCALOID software, he also had the honor of providing his vocal talents to create the American English VOCALOID, DEX.
Circus-P is a musician known best for his electronic music. He has created demos for VOCALOIDs such as Hatsune Miku, Megurine Luka, DEX, DAINA, and several others. His music has also been performed in concert through the official Miku Expo 2016 and 2018 live tours.
EmpathP is a musician, illustrator, and producer with a flair for melancholy. As a musician she has created demos for several VOCALOID libraries such as Kaito, Meiko, Maika, and others. As an illustrator, she had the pleasure of creating the design for the Celtic VOCALOID, AVANNA. She also lent her vocals to create the American English VOCALOID, DAINA.
Our love for each other’s music has brought us together to form our project, collectively titled "Interface", and now we're presenting it to you.
As musicians, we feel CDs are one of the best ways of sharing our music with friends, fans, and new listeners. It gives a consumer something substantial to hold on to and experience both visually and audibly. Some say that CDs are going out of fashion, but we believe otherwise.
Unfortunately, the cost of pressing CDs is still a substantial expense, especially if we wish to have them manufactured to our ideal specifications. We want our listeners to get the full experience with our music, and a CD release should reflect who we are as artists first and foremost.
Thus, we have come to Kickstarter in the hopes of raising the necessary funds to get our CDs pressed. The CDs we are planning to manufacture are the following:
1.) SYNTECH 0 by nostraightanswer
2.) 715 by Circus-P
3.) Ghost of Artificial Trees (English Language Edition) by EmpathP
Currently, we have put together concepts for our ideal individual CDs. Our initial goal will fund our ideal “Physical Editions” of each album. In addition, we have also considered and agreed upon additional stretch goals, including additional rewards and upgrades, which we hope you will also support. All of the goals are listed and specified below:
1.) Primary Goal at $3000 : Interface is funded! - REACHED!
- Our initial goal will allow us to manufacture all three albums in our collection. These albums will be packaged in digipak cases with 16-page full colored booklets containing lyrics, illustrations, and more! (Specifics vary from album to album.)
2.) Stretch Goal #1 at $5000 : Interface Merchandise Upgrade! - REACHED!
- Our first stretch goal will allow us to create album-themed merchandise featuring art by each album's cover illustrator. These include, per album: one keychain, one to two buttons, and two to three stickers. If this stretch goal is met, these additional trinkets will be included exclusively with their respective albums at no additional cost. In addition, we will have t-shirts with album-related designs available as add-ons when filling out your backer surveys post-Kickstarter.
3.) Stretch Goal #2 at $7000: Additional Album Press for nostraightanswer
- If this second stretch goal is met, an additional album by nostraightanswer, as well as associated merchandise, will be pressed as part of the Interface collection. This new album and its merch will be made available to all backers as an additional option or as a post-Kickstarter add-on via. Backerkit. This album is set to be released early 2020.
4.) Stretch Goal #3 at $9000: Additional Album Press for EmpathP
- If the third stretch goal is met, an additional album by EmpathP, as well as associated merchandise, will be pressed as part of the Interface collection. Like with the previous stretch goal, this new album and its merch will be made available to all backers as an additional option or as a post-Kickstarter add-on via. Backerkit. This album is set to be released early 2020.
5.) Stretch Goal #4 at $11000: Additional Album Press for Circus-P
- If this fourth and final stretch goal is met, an additional album by Circus-P, as well as associated merchandise, will be pressed as part of the Interface collection. Like with the previous two stretch goals, this new album and its merch will be made available to all backers as an additional option or as a post-Kickstarter add-on via. Backerkit. This album is set to be released late 2019.
Upon completion of the Kickstarter, we will be shipping out our CDs between May and June. Should any of our additional albums become funded, the physical editions are scheduled to be released in early 2020. Each album's exclusive merchandise will be shipped with alongside their respective albums should the stretch goal be met.
Risks and challenges
We have made every effort to research and plan for the creation of our CD projects so as to avoid any unforeseen circumstances. However, there are always risks involved when attempted to fund such products. The most obvious risk we face in our project not meeting its full goal. Should this happen, we would have to reorganize and plan a more affordable way to get our CDs manufactured.
There is also that risk that something could happen to either of us musicians such as personal or family emergencies. Should a situation like this occur, it would not be reflected on the usage of funds raised for this project. All money pledged for our CD projects will be directly used as such.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)