Nord Games is proud to announce a new line of miniature terrain sets designed for tabletop RPGs and war games. Using assets from Hirst Arts, we are creating a range of master molds to cast solid plaster pieces. This means the final product is far more durable than an assembled piece which has been glued together.
We are using Merlin's Magic plaster in order to achieve a top quality product while still keeping prices low when compared to similar resin products. Both painted and unpainted sets are available, as well as add ons and Kickstarter exclusive models which will be unlocked through stretch goals. Thank you for checking out the project, please share it with your friends and, as always, happy gaming!
First Backed, First Fulfilled
Fulfillment will begin shortly after the Kickstarter ends. We put a delivery date of 12 months out just in case we end up with a ridiculously high number of backers. We will be shipping out rewards according to the number at which you backed this project. This means the very first order to ship out will be going to backer #1. The first shipments will begin in December 2017 which means many of you will get your rewards in time for Christmas! Fulfillment will take several months depending on how many backers we get. If we reach enough funding to justify hiring more people in order to keep up with deliveries, we will do so.
The sets shown below have been given an extra highlight of white and a bit of flocking beyond our standard painted option. Check out the section on Painted / Unpainted Sets to see how you should expect your painted sets to arrive.
What Is Hirst Arts?
Hirst Arts has been designing and manufacturing molds for creating fantasy, modern, and sci-fi themed terrain for nearly 20 years! Hirst Arts has allowed Nord Games to license the designs of their molds in order to mass produce miniature terrain pieces for all to enjoy.
All of the pieces available through this Kickstarter campaign have been created by Nord Games using the Hirst Arts building blocks. A rubber mold has been made of these assembled pieces, and the final products are solid plaster cast from the rubber molds. This makes them incredibly strong and durable while still retaining all of the fine detail in the Hirst Arts molds. Find out more about Hirst Arts here.
What Are They Made Of?
Merlin's Magic Plaster is an industry standard, and our plaster of choice for this project. It is not only extremely hard when cured, but is available in our chosen color (medium gray). It is also designed to flow well into rubber molds and prevent bubbles and other imperfections with the final product. This speeds up the production process on our end.
Why Plaster Instead Of Resin?
There are four reasons for we've chosen to use plaster instead of resin:
- Feel - the plaster has a more stone-like feel to it.
- Strength - the plaster has a higher tensile strength than resin, making these pieces more durable and less fragile.
- Paint-ability - the unpainted pieces come in a medium gray right out of the box and are very simple to paint. First give them a wash of a dark brown or other earth tone, then just dry brush some light gray, light brown, or even white over the stonework and you'll really see the detail pop!
- Price - plaster is much less expensive than resin which is why our prices are so low compared to similar products on the market.
Painted / Unpainted Sets
Pledge levels that come with painted sets cost an extra $20 per set which is already represented in the price. The technique we are using is a thin paint wash to get the brown earth tones, then a dry brush of medium gray to highlight and bring out the gorgeous texture in the stonework. We recommend a similar technique for anyone who plans on getting unpainted sets and painting them yourselves.
We are offering add ons in a painted and unpainted option. The first price shown next to the name of the model is the painted version, and the second price is the unpainted version. You can add this amount to your pledge now through Kickstarter and you'll have "credit" to spend during the Backerkit survey, or you can purchase these add ons through Backerkit after the Kickstarter campaign has ended.
$22/$12 Decoration Bundle Add On - includes the 4 models shown below (Fountain, Shrine, Altar, and Fireplace)
Each one of our stretch goals unlocks either an Add On which costs $6-$21, or a Kickstarter Exclusive model that will come free with specific pledge levels.
- $10,000 Cellar Entrance (Add On Unlocked!) - At this funding level we will create a new model which you can add to your pledge.
- $15,000 Lookout (Add On Unlocked!) - At this funding level we will create a new model which you can add to your pledge.
- $20,000 Fortified Wall (Add On Unlocked!) - At this funding level we will create a new model which you can add to your pledge.
- $25,000 Sanctuary (Add On Unlocked!) - At this funding level we will create a new model which you can add to your pledge.
- $30,000 Decoration Bundle (Add On Unlocked!) - At this funding level we will create 4 models that come as their own small set which you can add to your pledge. These models include a ruined Fountain, Shrine, Altar, and Fireplace. See above for pictures of these models.
- $35,000 (Free Model) - At this funding level the Master and Grand Master pledge levels get the Fountain model for free. If you pledge for the Painted pledge level your Fountain model will come painted.
Track Our Progress
Risks and challenges
All production is being handled in house. As long as we have the facilities and people to produce the models we will have no issues fulfilling.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (33 days)