After successful ending of Pig year deck campaign, the first in the series, we are starting here "Year of the Rat" deck campaign, which will be followed by the rest. All decks are illustrated by hand painting and always interesting different themed illustrations of Zodiac animals with their features. The history behind the series of decks told in previous campaign (See at: http://kck.st/2UfAuLo).
This time, the deck discloses all features, related to the Zodiac of Rat (1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008), like matches, worst enemies, lucky numbers, colors and unlucky things etc. We Mongols, believe that the most of people, born under this zodiac, are treasurers dedicated to accumulate and generate wealth. Who knows, as it said, the life will show...In the Buddhist Art pantheon, the Rat is depicted as the favorite of Jambala (or Namsrai), god of richness and wealth, on his lap.
We released the series in 2 versions as Limited and Standard versions. But in reality there is a little difference between the two. They are: numbered seals (which make exclusive LE eliminating by 600) and UV varnish on tuck box of Limited Edition. But SE edition tuckbox will have either 3rd foil orUV warnish, which will give a interesting look to SE decks not less luxurious but even may be more interesting colorful look than Limited Edition. After seeing result of test printing we are having more attitudes toward using 3rd foil.
Both looks luxurious with 2 or 3 foils, emboss and metallic paper. So we think, after reaching certain goal ($5000 may be) we can make numbered seal on Standard version. Of course, it is open for discussion. As shows the campaign with pig year deck, the difference in numbers between LE and SE is not so drastic reaching several hundreds. So the Standard version might have ceiling of 600 too.
This series contain 12 sets of decks (Standard and Limited) for every Zodiac sign.
Tuck boxes of these 12 decks contained within the series will be printed on embossed cardstock with 2 (even 3 as told above) color foils and Pantone or metallic inks to draw more elegance of the design.
Meantime the logo of series and stylized animals on tucks will show belonging of each deck to one series.
All tuck boxes of LE of the series will feature premium black soft-touch cardstock, 2 or more colored foils, spot UV varnish and embossing to make this series luxurious.
There will be 600 LE decks printed, 500 of which will be available on Kickstarter.
All tuck boxes of SE of the series will feature best Italian colored pearlescent cardstock, 2 or more colored foils and embossing to make this series luxurious also.
Standard Edition tuck boxes will be printed on Stardream & Sirio metallic papers.
Sides of tuck boxes show belonging of each deck to one single series. However the design allows to use each deck separate from another decks in series.
The back of the cards is intricate and perfectly fits with the theme. 24 different colors and designs will make the combination of the decks in this series something great. Every back design will differ from others by the stylized drawing of certain zodiac animal head.
Printing resolution 0.04 mm offer to print finest lines for high detailed image of backs.
- Embossing for tuck boxes for both editions
- 2 or 3 foils (Gold, Silver and other) for tuck boxes for both editions
- German premium black soft-touch cardstock for LIMITED EDITION tuck box
- Italian pearlescent colored cardstock for STANDARD EDITION tuck box
- Spot UV glossy varnish for LIMITED EDITION tuck box
- Numbered seals for LIMITED EDITION decks
- High quality German card stock for cards
- Pantone metallic ink for card backs
- All courts are drawn by hand
- 56 poker sized playing cards (52 cards+4 jokers)
- Printed by NPCC with premium linen finish
- A Double-deck jacket will be followed each half brick and brick free (included in stretch goal)
- All stretch goals and changes will be applied to all 12 decks in series.
This deck has also a set of postcards and art prints. Hope you'll enjoy them as they'll look awesome with decks together in your collection. We tried to keep them as cheap as possible. The design might change to better until publishing.
- for backers pledged to 1 SE & 1 LE sets of all 12 Zodiac decks a set of postcards is 8$ / originally 14$/.
- for backers pledged for a Set of all 12 Zodiac Standard decks also a set of postcards is 8$/14$/.
- All backers will receive signed postcard from us from Mongolia.
PS: It might easier to backers, who made pledges already, to increase your pledges with messages explained. Also the same to new backers. Concerning the prints, backers can make selection from courts.
- 1x SE deck - $17 for US backers and $18 for International backers
- 1x Luxury double-deck box - $15 for US/International backers
- 1x Luxury brick box - $16 for US/International backers (free in rewards that contain all 12 or 24 decks)
- 1x Double-deck jacket - $4 for US/International backers (when stretch goal will be reached)
- 1x Uncut sheet (SE or LE) - $20 for US/International backers
- 4x Uncut sheets (SE or LE) - $60 for US/International backers
- 24x Uncut sheets (all 12 SE + all 12 LE) - $200 for US/International backers (all collection of uncut sheets will be available only in this campaign)
- 1x set of Stickers - $3 for US/International backers
- 3x sets of Stickers - $5 for US/International backers
- please advice for more add-ons which you want us to produce
We are still working on designs of remaining 6 decks. You can see on updates, the concepts or artworks of court cards in series..
You can see that each deck is differing from each other making series even more unique and interesting. But at the same time all decks are visually unified by recognizable design. Please follow our progress at:
Risks and challenges
The decks will be printed at the NPCC and fulfilment will be handled by Noir Arts. We are satisfied with their fulfilment of our previous project. It gives a chance to trace all deliveries with their supplied list of tracking numbers. Publishing and shipping fulfilment are planned properly and we actually have no risks in these fields.
We have properly calculated and compensated for any delays in the project and ensure that all our backers will get their merchandise. We've worked in close relationship with our manufacturer to build in the appropriate lead time, but there's always a chance for a delay, especially as our volume goes up. Art was developed, and need some time to be finalized.
All series contain 12 sets of decks and there will be several projects. We plan to fulfill all 12 projects during a year. If you will go for a reward containing all 12 or 24 decks then your order will be sent later after completion of all 12 projects.
Please note that all the elements shown could be changed and improved by the production time. Final product colors and design may slightly vary from the renders shown in the project description.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (21 days)