Reinventing a watercraft that’s over 4,000 years old has not been easy. But it’s been a fun challenge and a hell of a journey.
Click here to see our Kickstarter and Facebook Live broadcast.
We started by reviewing our 10 years of unbridled commitment and then turned a fresh page. We went back to the drawing board and asked kayakers what they wanted in a touring kayak. We took all that, prioritized the wants and needs, and got to work.
We shattered our expectations so you can break through your own boundaries. We’re proud of the final result, and we have a feeling you’ll love it too. Say hello to TRAK 2.0, the ULTIMATE Touring Kayak.
- 10 years expedition-tested in extreme conditions with TRAK 1.0
- Skin-on-frame design, with specially formulated expedition-grade polyurethane material (originally engineered for military use)
- Rigid aluminum and carbon fibre frame
- All TRAK kayaks are covered by our 5 year warranty
- The entire TRAK 2.0 kayak weighs just 42 lbs (19 kg), made from carbon fibre, aluminum and composite materials
- Engineered with extremely high strength-to-weight ratio
- Wheel it anywhere or carry it on your back
- The only kayak that allows you to alter the waterline & rocker for varying environments and needs
- Use the same kayak to play in rough water, or to paddle efficiently for long touring
- Essentially, it's a bunch of differently shaped kayaks in one. You can adjust the rocker even as you paddle
- 10 minutes from pack to water
- Intuitively designed to be set-up with ease
- Allows for convenient, spontaneous outings
- Line of accessories to customize your TRAK experience
- Outfitting, bag systems, and other kits available to match your trip requirements
- Customization options designed with professional kayak guides
- Kayak packs up into a wheeled travel pack with optional backpack harness
- Fits where you need it to: in your car, in your RV, in your condo, on your back, on a train, or on a plane
- Optional travel bag system allows you to customize how you transport your gear
We designed a touring kayak that not only handles day touring and multi-day touring on water, but can also be toured off the water. It goes wherever the journey takes you. On water, and over land or air. You choose your own adventure.
If you set out to make the ultimate anything, you’re gonna need a lot of help. We started with super comprehensive research, getting detailed user input from well over 1,000 kayakers. We wanted the cold hard truth. The pain points. Their preferred paddling experiences and criteria for “ultimate”. We got it.
In the Wheeled Travel Pack you'll find everything your adventure needs:
TRAK 2.0 Kayak | Custom Aquatherm Spray Skirt with sleeve | Waterproof Gear Floatation Bag (set of 2) | Full 5 Year Warranty (see Warranty Page for details)
After the campaign is over we'll contact all our backers for their choice of colour scheme.
We've said it before and we'll say it again: don't let the Kickstarter price tag fool you, this is an unbelievably premium kayak. After the campaign we'll be selling the TRAK 2.0 in retail starting at $3,599 USD.
Incredible value. We're selling it here with a heavy discount to encourage you and the rest of our ever-expanding community to once again get involved in helping us build the TRAK 2.0.
After all, this was designed with the invaluable feedback of our community and other paddlers. The initial design was crowd-sourced, so we thought it'd be cool if our initial production and first orders were crowd-funded.
By turning to the community for pre-orders, we’re able to offer great value to you, our Kickstarter backers, by increasing our volume, and lowering our manufacturing and distribution costs.
Plus, we thought it to be a great reward for your well-placed trust in us and quick decision making.
Built to Last.
Environmentally friendly isn’t just about recycling. It’s also about minimizing waste by owning and using quality products that last. That’s why we created the last kayak anyone would have to own.
The TRAK 1.0 has been all over the world. We even made a catchy music video about it, made with footage sent in from TRAK owners from around the blue planet.
Our Kayak may be new, but it’s got thousands of years of tradition behind it.
- The TRAK 2.0 is based on the indigenous Greenland design, inspired by early kayaks in the Eastern and Western Arctic of Canada's north
- We replaced skin on bone or wood with a modern tough-as-nails polyurethane fabric and a hi-tech carbon fibre and aerospace aluminum frame
- The hull design has distinctive hard chines and a V-shape for speed and tracking
- The hard chine design allows for excellent edging and great secondary stability, which allows for advanced paddling techniques to be applied in a wide variety of conditions
We also honoured the origin of kayak design by commissioning Inuit artist, Iziasie Kopalie of Iqaluit, Nunavut to make original Inuit kayak carvings (you can check it out on our website)
Why are we so confident? Well, we’ve been manufacturing and providing top level customer service for over a decade here at TRAK. So we already have many of the key areas completely already set-up.
- We have ongoing manufacturing at our world-renowned outdoor gear facility and many distribution channels in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
- We have a deep level of understanding and extensive experience in shipping and logistics, international importing and operations. We are currently preparing updates to many aspects of production for the TRAK 2.0 with our established supply chain.
- Essentially, we know what to expect. As for what may come our way? Real adventurers never shy away from the uncertain and like our kayak, we're equipped with tools to adapt.
We know this is Kickstarter, and we're not taking the trust you're placing in us lightly. As one of our trusted backers, we’ve got your back.
TRAK Ships Worldwide
The TRAK Pilot Program was created to expand the possibilities in our mission, Life Unleashed, across the world. TRAK Pilots are a network of global mobile paddlers and owner ambassadors for TRAK – helping to open paddling possibilities and share their TRAK experience.
Tross is a technology-driven crowdfunding company
Risks and challenges
TRAK is a well established company with over a decade of experience in kayak manufacturing. We have many previous clients and a large team all ready to make TRAK 2.0 an actual reality.
We've invested much time and thought into every detail in the TRAK 2.0's design to make it a perfect fit for the needs of our paddlers.
- (30 days)