We are obviously a good bit over the original goal, but let's not stop just yet! More money means more great things can happen! Check it out:
- $1000 - More books will be printed!; all art prints will now be 5"x7" instead of 4"x6"; the minicomic "Neve & the Unicorn of Lake Glory" will be done in fully rendered ink washes instead of just black line art and given a limited print run
- $1500 - The book will contain the original short stories "Flames Came Rushing" and "Regrets" detailing how Neve and Martin first found Ivory and what actually happened between Orson and Dan, respectively; you'll be helping me prepare for Baltimore Comic Con!
- $2000 - All book orders will receive a copy of "Neve & the Unicorn of Lake Glory"; you'll be helping me prepare for Baltimore Comic Con!
- $2500 - the next year of Ignition Zero will be done on expensive, quality 11"x14" watercolor paper instead of the cheap 9"x12" stuff I currently use
- $5000 - Chapter 4 will be included in the book (so, 150 pages instead of 100)
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Orson and his friends are exactly the kind of people Robbie expects to meet when he moves to Glory for art school: punks, hipsters, queers, and of course other artists. He doesn't expect to meet monsters and faeries, too, or to get drawn into a conflict set half in another reality!
But he does.
Oh, does he, as you know if you've been reading along online! Now the first three chapters of Ignition Zero (along with ten pages of exclusive super secret never before seen bonus material) are going to print as Volume One, which is exactly what you can preorder here. The book will be 100 pages and 8"x10.5" in full, brilliant color. These funds will go towards the very first print run of this volume.
Ignition Zero isn't about having an LGBTQetc identity, but some of the gender identities and sexual orientations among the major characters include asexual, panromantic, homoromantic, pansexual, genderqueer, transgender, lesbian, straight, aromantic, and a couple other things besides! It's a regular story that hopefully provides everyone something to identify with, especially if you're someone who is often at a loss for such representation in the media.
NOTES ON REWARDS
All art print rewards are on 4"x6" glossy and are selected for you at random. Print selection comes from (but is not limited to) the following images:
"Eleven Sweaters" Minicomic
"Eleven Sweaters" is a 24-page black and white minicomic that has never been released online (and probably never will be). The story is a wordless, modern and slightly queer take on Hans Christian Andersen's "The Wild Swans."
If you already have a copy of "Eleven Sweaters" from the original donation drive, I will substitute a medium-sized art print.
Original Comic Pages - Regular ($65 reward)
"Regular pages" are pages which have at least three panels. You may select any of these pages you like that have been posted at http://ignitionzero.com. Choice is first come, first serve! I will message you (you should get an email) when your donation is made and ask for three possible pages you would like.
Note: Some pages do NOT have text on them; the speech bubbles are blank for pages where I was still using digital fonts.
ALL original comic pages are 9"x12" on 140lb watercolor paper.
Claimed pages: p128
Original Comic Pages - Splash ($75 reward)
Splash pages are those big pretty full pages without any panels. The same rules apply as above, except Pages 9, 10, 123, and 124, which are not available.
Support this project
- (30 days)