PAIN FULL NESS 1 VOICE BOXED #Pain1Kick
By Noah Xifr | Artist
With your support we can make a large high quality print run of this full color graphic novel / artist book format. I want to share this psychological journey with you; blending fantasy and horror in a unique thriller. Together we can explore the balance of joy and PAIN and truly express ourselves!
If you like psychological thrillers and surreal art PAIN FULL NESS (PFN) is sure to please and inspire. I've created a hybrid book form combining the best from graphic novels and artist books. The alternate sci-fi universe in PFN 1 VOICE BOXED has amazing characters that are internal body parts! You have never seen anything quite like this. If you like mystery or horror stories or steampunk, goth, and the s&m genre, the intense symbolic imagery in PAIN FULL NESS is for you. This beautiful, personal story all about self-expression is empowering. Set your VOICE free!
- The Origin of PAIN FULL NESS - My life experience, losing my voice for days when my daughter was hospitalized and diagnosed with a degenerative illness, inspired this graphic novel series. PAIN FULL NESS started as a group of soulful sketches and a rough script on Evernote (love that app!). Creating this artwork over the past five years has been cathartic. I hope that sharing this story can inspire you to work through life’s challenges. A dark, beautiful universe awaits you!
The Story and Symbolic Realism - PAIN FULL NESS is a psychological thriller about persevering through PAIN. The symbolic actions in #1 VOICE BOXED tell the story of the creative process working towards self-expression to build relationships and community. Symbolic Realism is the art movement I founded incorporating both surreal and conceptual ideas and motifs. PFN is my first Symbolic Realistic graphic novel series!
- The Art and the Words - The artwork will draw you in. I used key colors in the symbolic imagery. The twenty plates and covers form a beautiful sequential narrative. I drew using media including mechanical pencils, ball point pens, Tria markers and highlighters. I also painted using inks, gouache, acrylic and white out. Each word was scripted poetically to mirror the symbolic imagery. The words are time points like the panels dividing frames in comics. Skillfully executed, each word is treated with the grace of calligraphy and the oomph of street art and graffiti.
- The Characters - Some of the characters in this story are actually internal body parts! The main character, THE KEY, has the ability to unlock PAIN like we all do. The 2nd character, the VOICE BOX, <spoiler alert> is a dragon that is a control freak and lives in our throat. The 3rd character is HURT HEART, who undergoes a change of heart. The 4th character is our VOICE, a Butter-Bird (butterfly-flower-bird hybrid). The final character is the COMMUNITY, another hybrid character, but what kind and why? Read the book to discover what happens!
This book can inspire you. Sharing this uplifting story with as many people as possible is my aim. Your pledge can help me publish a larger print run of this book. Your support is critical!
Since this is my first Kickstarter campaign, I picked a modest funding goal to cover most of the printing, production and shipping costs. If we surpass the funding goal, I won't have to dip into savings and would be so happy! Then I would share the joy, set some stretch goals, and reveal some incentives I am designing that would be unique surprises to unlock!
- Escalating Reward Levels - As you pledge more, you can get more sweet rewards. For example, if you pledge $30 for the Graphic novel book, you also get the print + button + sticker + postcard, oh my! There are different rewards for different tastes. I designed postcards, buttons, stickers and prints from the book.
- The GRAPHIC NOVEL BOOK is designed with care and will be printed with archival quality materials, and autographed, in a limited print run! The HURT HEART TOY is wild and fun to play with, inspired by the 3rd character in PAIN FULL NESS, HURT HEART and handmade with love in Brooklyn from Sculpey 3 polymer clay! Go play with that!
- PACK sets are available - Great for trading cards, sticker, wicked button and art print enthusiasts. Collect or share them all! THE BOOK CLUB - If you are an Oprah or Book Meetup fan, get reward #11 to share with friends! THE TOY PACK - If you are into action figures, then handmade reward #12 can bring three lucky kids and adults lots of fun!
- ORIGINAL ART and COMMISSIONED ARTWORK - Being able to own the original artwork from the book is beautiFULL! Commissioning an artwork of your own can be an insightFULL experience! Getting both Original art from the book and a Commissioned work of art is a wonderFULL experience!
Share me! #Pain1Kick
Please share this Kickstarter campaign with everybody you know using the hashtag #Pain1Kick! Go ahead, text them! Pin it on your Pinterest, Instagram the hell out of it (no need for retro hazy filters ha!), Facebook your friends and family, Tweet it until it trends worldwide!
Your support is greatly appreciated. If everyone tells at least twenty people about this Kickstarter campaign it can be seriously successful. Wherever you share this Kickstarter campaign use the hashtag #Pain1Kick
The entire book and most of the prints, postcards, stickers and buttons are already designed and are ready and waiting for a large print run. The script for PAIN FULL NESS #2 to #4, and the sketches for #2, are in progress right now - all your wonderFULL support speaks volumes!
More art, writing, and Symbolic Realism
Keep in touch and get my latest updates on social media:
Like my artist page on Facebook www.facebook.com/NoahXArts
Connect on LinkedIn www.LinkedIn.com/in/NoahXArts
Follow my Twitter www.twitter.com/NoahXArts
Follow my Pinterest www.pinterest.com/NoahXArts
Follow my Instagram www.instagram.com/NoahXArts
Friend my Foursquare www.foursquare.com/NoahXArts
Like my studio / gallery in Brooklyn Art Studio B63 on Foursquare http://4sq.com/YeYepW
Share the PAIN and have a nice day!
Noah Xifr, Artist
Risks and challenges
I have managed lots of printing projects, so risks of turn around time are minimized. I built in some wiggle room in planning out the delivery dates for the rewards. Fulfilling your rewards should be relatively PAINless. Should some catastrophic apocalypse occur, I will do my best to tackle whatever challenges arise with dignity and I will keep you informed. Enjoy the PAIN and have a wonderFULL day! #Pain1KickLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)