There’s a tidal wave of reality rolling down 6th Street this spring, so be sure to join us at the Basque Center for a night of raw design insight and truth with the big man himself—Aaron James Draplin, of the Draplin Design Co.
- Are you a design/illustration/photography student currently enrolled at one of our esteemed institutions of higher learning?
- Are you fed up with cryptic mush-mouth, doublespeak from graphic design-o-saurs who teach the world design but don’t actually live or work in it?
- Are you burnt out on branding guidelines and soul-sucking, meaningless work?
- Do you feel like kicking back, laughing and having a great evening?
- Do you require some form of motivation/inspiration/kick-in-the-ass?
- Would you like to walk out of a room motivated and reinvigorated, with a renewed sense of appreciation for the creative world we live within?
- Are you looking for that certain “something” to crack that crusty-ass, salty layer of dried up inspiration?
If you answered yes to any (or all) of these questions, then YES, you’ll want to hang out with us for an unfiltered evening of Draplin! Just pick a package on the right rail rewards section that makes the most sense.
Once the fundraising goal is met, we’re locked in on Draplin’s 2015 Spring Tour. He’ll be with us on (First) Thursday, April 02, 2015 at the Basque Center. The event starts at 7:00 PM.
Time permitting, we’ll also partner up with our local Boise AIGA chapter for an Aaron Draplin design workshop/portfolio review/BS session. We’re still working out details on this secondary event, so stay tuned for updates.
Note to creatives: This will be an incredibly motivating (and potentially career-altering) experience for the new and salty alike. DO NOT MISS THIS! Aaron’s only making one trip to Idaho in 2015 so let’s make it a proper welcome. Let’s get to work Boise and get the word out!
Risks and challenges
NKTRNL has some great resources at hand and connections to Bring Back Drap. That said, we need a little assistance from the community to help cover some key “point A to point B” expenses. Money is always the challenge.
Bringing Aaron Draplin back to Boise is one of our benchmark goals for the year at NKTRNL and a true labor of love. We’re really excited to have him in town this spring and know there are a great number of like-minded creatives who share our appreciation and enthusiasm for his work ethic, design aesthetic and “no BS” approach to the design industry.
We’ve got a great First Thursday evening planned this April. We just need to hit our goal by close of business, February 28th. Once that’s in place, all wheels are in motion. It all comes down to getting the word out to friends and colleagues in the design community, and really working hard to hit those networking channels daily.
Draplin is a big draw for many designers here in the northwest, and we feel strongly that Boise can make this a successful round two visit. NKTRNL is 110% committed to this effort and we’ll be working non-stop to make this a memorable experience.
Thanks for your support Boise!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (34 days)