Who Are We?
You probably know us better as DRAGONtail Tenkara, a company very well know in the Tenkara world for it's top quality customer service and great products at a great price. We also own a sub-company called NIRVANA ON THE FLY where we make hi-end fly fishing and Tenkara products. We also own Moonlit Fly Fishing and our parent umbrella company is Cub River Outfitters LLC.
Today we are asking for your help in bringing our NIRVANA Tenkara Line Holders (which also work for holding leader rigs) to the market at a fantastic price.
We NEED Your Pledged Money To Bring These Line Holders To Production At A Large Bulk Quantity To Reduce The Retail Price!
We have always felt that there was not a great Tenkara Line Holder on the market that had several features we liked at a reasonable price for the common Tenkara angler. This past year we went on a quest to make a better Tenkara Line Holder at a Better Price. We were able to pack many desirable features into the this NIRVANA Tenkara Line Holder product design. NOW if we can raise enough funds to order a large enough bulk quantity from our factory we can make them a very affordable retail price for all anglers.
We have already invested lots of money on blue print designs, molds and samples. We have invested this money in the slow retail part of the season for us (when money is tight) and now we need your help to bring it to production before the main fishing season starts.
If you can help us raise $5,000 (or more) we will be able to produce these Line Holders at a much cheaper price, and thus we will be able to offer them at a lower retail price of $12 per 4 pack of line holders (after the Kickstarter is over and all pledges have been fulfilled of course). So $5,000+ is our REAL GOAL but we will still be able to get things started if we only raise $1,500, it will just make the retail price higher if we only get a $1,500 since we wouldn't be able to purchase a big enough bulk order to bring the production price down to where we want it.
What Makes These NIRVANA Tenkara Line Holders So Awesome?
There are many features and characteristics that make these Tenkara Line Holders special and desirable. Many Tenkara Line holders have some of these features but none have all of them. It is a very well thought out project, and listed below are some of the features you will enjoy with these NEW NIRVANA Tenkara Line Holders. See Tenkara Talk's review>>
4 COLORS per pack
In each pack you get 4 line holders with each being a different color: Grey, Yellow, Green, and Orange. This is excellent if you want to color code your lines so you can tell which line is which just by the color. Also, life gets a little boring when all you have is blue or grey line holders.
3 Thicknesses To Choose From
Regular size (11mm), Thin size (9mm) (this size will come later), and Extra Thin size (7mm). Commonly Tenkara Line Holders are around 13mm to 14mm thick and hold less line than our Regular sized NIRVANA Tenkara Line Holder and lack the awesome features you get with the NIRVANA Line Holder.
Hook Bar For Your Fly
There is a plastic bar to hook your fly on that keeps your fly in the center hole of the spool protecting its hackle from getting matted in line storage so that your fly does not get a bad hair day, like it will get with many other tenkara line holders on the market.
7 Locking Slits Around Foam Center Hole
The foam center hole has seven slits around it that you can use to completely secure the end of your line through. This will make sure your line does not come loose and unravels while storing your line in your bag or on a lanyard.
Very Light Weight
Since the majority of the NIRVANA Tenkara Line Holder is made out of foam, it is very light weight. The foam center also makes it easy to write notes about your Tenkara line right on the face of the line holder with a fine point Sharpe marker if desired, such as line length, thickness, or type.
Line Locking Tabs
The spool has 8 tabs around the front rim that you can secure your line through with easy, plus you get the slits in the center foam to keep it extra secure if wanted. These tabs also give this spool an awesome look.
Smooth Backside For Easy Winding
The back rim of the spool is flat and smooth making it easy and fast to wind your line up without worrying about accidentally through the gaps of the tabs or slits. This is especially very useful on our extra thin sized line holders.
What Are We Offering YOU For Your Pledge?
1. A NIRVANA Fish Sticker for $5.
2. An 8 Pack of NIRVANA Tenkara Line Holders for $20.
3. A 16 Pack of NIRVANA Tenkara Line Holders for $20.
4. A nice Hat (we will have a few colors for you to choose from) with our NIRVANA Fish Logo on it, PLUS you will also get 4 extra thin and 4 regular sized NIRVANA Tenkara Line Holders for $45.
5. The NEW NIRVANA 400 13ft Tenkara Rod with sock and case ($200 value and Not Available Online Yet), PLUS 4 Extra Thin NIRVANA Tenkara Line Winders PLUS 4 Regular NIRVANA Tenkara Line Winders for $95-$140 (amount depends on how early you get in). You can read the reviews from well know bloggers about this new NIRVANA 400 rod at Teton Tenkara blog and Tenkara Talk blog.
6. The NIRVANA 370z 12.5ft/11ft ZOOM Tenkara Rod with sock and case with DRAGONtail's Ultimate Starter Kit (includes 2 lines and everything you need to fish Tenkara properly), PLUS 4 Extra Thin NIRVANA Tenkara Line Winders PLUS 4 Regular Tenkara Line Winders for $150.
7. Donation of a NIRVANA 370z Tenkara Rod with DRAGONtail's Ultimate Tenkara Starter Kit to either Project Healing Waters, Casting For Recovery, Autism Anglers, or The Mayfly Project. All four of these are excellent NON-Profit fishing organizations performing wonderful work for others. For $160 you will get to choose which organization we send the rod setup to and they will decide on whether to use the product in their program or to auction it off to raise funds for their organization.
Risks and challenges
If we can raise atleast $1,500 for this project it will give us enough money to produce the NIRVANA Tenkara Line Holders in a small quantity (at a higher price per line holder to us) to make sure we get everyone their product for pledging their money. So no risk really, if we raise the $1,500 everyone gets what they pledged their money to get within the time frame outlined. $5,000 to $20,000+ would help us order a large enough quantity to bring down the retail price (after the Kickstarter is over) down to $12 a 4 pack.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)