Now that we have a build of the game available for everyone, the biggest challenge is to have enough players online at the same time to populate the matches. We really suggest that you wait until you have at least 6 players in the lobby before starting the match. I know that it's not fun to have to wait for more players, but you'll see a huge difference. Bring as many of your friends as you can, this will have an enormous impact on our community.
A few things of notes to help you enjoy the game more:
- Keep in mind that the objective of the game is to destroy the enemy's carrier. If you focus on dogfighting too much, you'll get a few kills but not the victory!
- Use "V" on the keyboard for communication macros. Using these will help you coordinate with your teammates.
- Use the minimap on the bottom left to know where are your allies and where's the action at
- Head back to your dock often to restock on ammunition and switch ships to recharge the shield of the one you just used over time.
- GoD Factory is extremely skill-based, so try to balance the teams. If you have a player that never tried the game before, try to team him up with more experienced players
- If you can't fire a weapon, maybe it requires that you lock-on to a target prior to firing
- Turrets are dangerous, especially up-close. Take them down, use decoys to take damage for you, use the sabotage turret ability, use long range weapons or highly resilient ships when attacking carriers directly or destroy the Main Deck to lower their efficiency
- You can customize your ships while in a lobby waiting for more players. You get something to do while you wait for the match to fill up, and you can even use this as an opportunity to make a ship that is highly compatible with your teammates.
As we said, there are quite a few bugs in the game. Add everything we forgot to mention in the comments!
- Make sure that if you're using something else than mouse and keyboard, the "Mousestick" option must be unchecked in the options
- Different settings in tutorial and in real matches
- Crashes and disconnects (nothing can really prevent this aside from having a really good internet connection)
- Many scripting errors in the tutorial. Many many things can go wrong in the tutorial, but please try and get through it, it will still help you in the long run.
Play with us!
Whenever you see a name in blue in the lobby, you're playing with a developer! Use this as an opportunity to ask questions. We will be making ourselves available at various hours of the day. We'll do what we can to join as often as possible. We will also make ourselves available to play at these hours every day for the rest of the Kickstarter (in EST timezone):
1:00PM to 2:30PM
8:00PM to 10:00PM
We now have a barebones forum for people who want to discuss all things related to GoD Factory or Nine Dots.
This is an excellent tool if you want to schedule some matches and find players to team up with. You can start forming clans as well or have a tournament!
Tactics in GoD Factory: Wingmen
We have a new video showing the kind of different tactics you can have in the game. The first one focus on how to use abilities to lure enemies away from your target.
We'll have more videos coming soon.
You have full permission to stream any content you capture during your matches in GoD Factory. We need to get the word out and we don't have as much reach as you guys do. Let your followers know that this game exists and that they can play it right now if they want.