A Sun of Salt is...
- A character-centric, horror/romance game made in RPG Maker MV that draws inspiration from Junji Ito, Persona 4, Saya No Uta, and To The Moon.
- Similar to the games mentioned, storytelling and characters take a front seat in this game. There is no traditional RPG combat.
- Play as a boy or a girl.
- Live life among crew-mates who have relationships, thoughts, and lives of their own that you’ll grow to understand as you become friends, rivals, lovers, and enemies.
- Experience love and despair in the 4+ endings and branching dialogue.
- Learn what people truly think with the ability to see the deepest secrets and most revealing thoughts of those around you
- Solve social puzzles. Use your hidden knowledge of each character's secrets to resolve problems and help or manipulate and control.
The character list for A Sun of Salt is small. While there are only two on display here, there's still a handful not on show that you can catch a glimpse of in the trailer. The game puts character development and depth before a big cast and superfluous NPCs.
The music is all done by me electronically. So far about 10 tracks have been drafted, which is about 1/3rd of what I plan to have in the game. Take a listen to some early demos!
Check out the Soundcloud page for a few more!
Any and all money raised goes 100% into art for the game. I have few more character portraits, cut-scenes, an alternate title screen, a better menu system, and some UI elements planned. I’m currently able to support myself and development, but I need help paying for art so the game can come out feeling polished and professional.
I’m going to have a few alternate costumes for the characters as well as a gallery to view various images from the game as well.
With the help of this Kickstarter, A Sun of Salt will be released July 2017.
Visit the Greenlight to help the game get on to Steam!
Risks and challenges
Most of the major pieces of the game already exist, the next year will mostly just consist of me putting them together and making sure they fit in a way that will make people think “oh that’s snug.”
There is always the risk that things don’t go smoothly and the game takes a bit longer to release, but even considering that, July 2017 is a very conservative release date and I fully expect to hit it. But, considering that I’m the sole developer, if something does happen to me it could cause a delay.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)