An epic game of dark age warfare for the serious strategist. Command your army, construct your stronghold & be the last King standing.
Kill the other player's King and protect yours at all costs! Use your superior tactical strategy to overcome the opposing forces and cut off the head of their army. With your army of axemen, spearmen, swordsmen, archers, armed horsemen and your trusty engineer, take down the other King and win the game. It is a timeless concept also used in Chess, but BattleAxe has almost endless possibilities and O' so many more options. Every time you battle you will experience something new.
"I've been developing BattleAxe for almost 2 years now and play-testing for the last year with strangers, friends, hardcore gamers and non-gamers. After tons of tweaks and lots of "back-to-the-drawing-board", I believe BattleAxe is ready for the masses!"
It's who the better strategic commander is, not who can level up faster with fairy dust and gold coins.
It's dividing and conquering enraged enemy forces, not gathering grain for the winter.
It's swiftly destroying the opposing King and all his men to become the one true King of the battlefield.
The Army Map:
- Each member of your army has their own health point meter that you keep track of during the battle, individual skills, and even a space to name them.
- Captains have special abilities such as extra range, extra defense or extra speed on the battlefield.
- Some of your men have horsemanship skills indicated by a horse shoe symbol. See an open enemy warhorse on the battlefield? Steal it!
- Track the number of arrows in your archers' quivers, if they run out, have your Engineer construct more!
- Towers and Walls made by your Engineer can be burned or hacked down by the enemy, so they have "Structure Points" that illustrate their structural integrity.
With all your help, hopefully we can reach the minimum Kickstarter Goal and produce a truly awesome game that I know everyone will love. If the goal is met and you guys want even more, here are some stretch goals that will allow for even more epic-ness.
BattleAxe is a massive game, and is going to be very expensive to produce. Ludo Fact, one of the world's largest board game manufacturers, based in Germany, is printing the game so you know it will be high-quality. I just couldn't reduce or take away any of the epic-ness from the game to make it cheaper to produce. So I kept the scale of BattleAxe huge and the quality high. There are 13 unique miniature molds, plus molds for plastic towers and walls (each mold costing about $2,000), 66 miniatures per game, 8 archer towers and 12 walls. The "tooling" of these molds is where most of the costs come from, plus the cost to produce the number of pieces per game.
- $2,500 - Amazon's Cut
- $5,000 - Kickstarter's Cut
- $27,800 - Tooling costs for miniature molds, tower and walls molds, cardboard punch-out tiles, etc.
- $48,000 - Actual printing costs of the board game for a minimum print run of 2,000 games from Ludo Fact
- $6,000 - Shipping the game to the U.S. from Germany
- $11,500 - Estimated cost to ship the game & rewards to backers
- $5,000 - Cost to create backer rewards.
- $3,500 - Just-In-Case-Money: In case I estimate backers wrong, etc.. I can't go out of pocket, I'm a starving artist!
Risks and challenges
The game is 95% done as you can see. All I need now is the funds to mass produce it. I've been a professional graphic designer for over 5 years now and I know my way around pre-pressing files for print. Almost everything is ready to send off to the manufacturer. BattleAxe is my baby and I want to see this thing finished and on everyone's table more than anything. If BattleAxe is funded I will not rest until each game box is shipped and every reward is sent. That is my pledge to you!
The only things to worry about:
- (30 days)