Introducing Access to 100% Whole-food Meat Alternatives
NexVeg™ are nutritionally dense 100% whole-food plant-based proteins. NexVeg ingredients are sourced through our farm-to-your-table food system. We work with regional speciality farmers and local mills to provide us with the best possible ingredients still in their whole food form, year round. We then handcraft micro-batches of NexVeg ready-to-use meat alternatives and deliver them to your doorstep, on-demand - without heavy processing.
We are passionate about ingredients and read labels meticulously - Are these ingredients healthy? Were they sourced and processed ethically? Do any of them cause anxiety because we don't believe they should be in our food?
Unfortunately, when it comes to convenient non-allergen plant-based protein today, we really have few choices:
- heavily processed retail foods
- cook some quinoa
- open a can of beans
We wanted more convenient, fun, clean and healthy options - so we've spent years testing recipes, serving foodservice clients and building the purveying and distribution systems to offer delicious consumer-validated and sustainability award-winning recipes that are:
100% whole-food plant-based proteins - that everyone can eat!
NexVeg IS CREATING A FOOD SYSTEM THAT IS:
- 100% PLANT-BASED
- 100% WHOLE-FOOD
- CONVENIENT AND ACCESSIBLE
- RESPECTFUL OF FARMERS CONSUMERS AND THE ENVIRONMENT
- INNOVATIVE, TESTED AND READY TO SCALE WITH YOUR BACKING!
NexVeg™ offers delicious nutritionally dense meat alternatives, that are ready-to-cook when they arrive at your doorstep!
HOW TO MAXIMIZE QUALITY AND MINIMIZE FOOTPRINT?
Our micro-batching process lets us choose the freshest ingredients that travel the fewest miles to our production kitchens. Our distribution utilizes GreenCell sustainable packaging materials, and we rely on the direct ground-based shipping services of fedex.
We evaluate ingredients for the opportunity to be:
- sourced local for freshness / maximum nutrition
- combined for synergistic bioavailability of vitamins and minerals
- quality protein contributors
- lightly processed to maintain their nutritional integrity
- brought from our farms to your table as fast as possible
We flash freeze and vacuum seal, maximizing freshness and eliminating nutritional degradation caused by air and frostbite.
BACKING THIS CAMPAIGN WILL FUND NATIONAL FULFILLMENT OF A 100% WHOLE-FOOD PLANT-BASED FOOD SYSTEM
Take the next step in healing the planet with us, by choosing a known and respectful food system. We all need healthy sustainable options and we need them to be accessible.
With your backing of these rewards we promise to provide national access to farm-to-table whole-food vegan protein alternatives!
SOME OF OUR AMAZING PARTNERS:
WHY EAT NexVeg?
1) It is the whole-food plant-based protein that is as convenient and easy to use as ground meat, but still tastes like the yummy fresh vegetables its made from.
2) Whole food diets are the most nutritionally dense and are the healthiest way to eat.
3) We use less water, produce less carbon and food waste than any other ready-to-cook or heavily processed meat substitute.
... and you can cook and eat fast, bulk prep, or create your own culinary masterpiece with NexVeg!
WHY EAT WHOLE FOOD, PLANT BASED?
Personal experiences matter, and so does solid health and sustainability science:
- Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health reports Not All Plant-based Diets are Healthy - Researchers followed 200,000 adults over two decades and found that those who adhered to a plant-based diet rich in healthy foods, such as whole grains, fruits, vegetables, nuts, and legumes, had a substantially lower risk of heart disease than people whose diet typically included less healthy foods like refined grains and sugar...
- Ultra-Processed Diets Cause Excess Calorie Intake and Weight Gain - Even when the meal choices are matched in nutrients like carbs, protein, fat, and sugar.
- The Power of Plants - "The main advantages of a whole plant-based diet seems to be more related to the foods you’re eating lots of (vegetables, fruits, whole grains, beans, nuts) rather than those you’re eating less of (processed carbs and refined fats).”
- Eating a plant-based diet is not just good for our health; it is good for Earth’s health. In fact, “Shifting away from animal-based foods adds up to 49% to the global food supply, without expanding croplands; and would also significantly reduce carbon emissions and waste byproducts (Jalava et al, 2014)." (Reference: UCLA Sustainability - "The Case for Plant Based")
OUR PRODUCT VARIETIES
Whether you love the performance levels of protein in our hemp line or the intense sustainable and healthy eating ethos of Tepary and Black Beans, there's a NexVeg product for you:
- NexVeg Hemp and NexVeg Black Bean contain no added Oils or Sugars.
- NexVeg Tepary benefits from a touch of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- *NexVeg SOS-Free contains No Sugar, Oil or Salt
CLEAN FOOD - NO ALLERGENS
NexVeg products contain No:
- wheat or gluten
- peanuts or tree-nuts
- Animal products (dairy, eggs, honey or meat, fish or shellfish)
- isolated protein or fiber (only plant-pure sources)
- or hard to understand ingredients
In fact, we take our ingredients even a bit more seriously than that:
CHECK OUT THE REWARDS
JOIN NexVeg™ IN MAKING BETTER FOOD MORE ACCESSIBLE!
We know how hard it is to find out online what is in most veggie burgers. We love sharing every little detail about what goes into NexVeg. Note how different each product line and flavor is in: Protein to Carb ratio, Fat content and Sodium too.
Here's what those fresh East / West ingredients look like, when they arrive at our kitchens.
Hello! My name is Jonathan Netzky. I’m passionate about local, fresh, whole foods and the health and sustainability benefits they provide. Over the last 15 years, I have made farm-to-table dining possible and meaningful beyond my own home.
We are now ready to close a gap in the plant-based protein market with a locally-sourced, farmer's market quality, whole-food protein option - that everyone can enjoy!
Leading industry chefs have served NexVeg™ products in their restaurants and helped us hone our recipes based on customer feedback. Now, with your backing, we can provide nationwide, direct-to-consumer access to healthy and delicious plant-pure proteins.
Ready to join us in this mission? - sharing real food, feeding the change!
AWARDS AND PRESS
MEET THE NexVeg™ TEAM
- 10/1-11/7: Kickstarter Campaign
- 11/25-12/4: West Coast product ships
- 12/1-12/10: East Coast Kitchen Set Up
- 12/15: East Coast product ships
- YOU RECEIVE WITHIN 2 DAYS ON SHIPMENT
WHAT's NEXT FOR NexVeg?
- Finish the subscription website for you to control orders and delivery dates
- Publish new recipes & flavors on a regular basis
- Complete development of sauces and dips, like hemp tahini & tepary hummus
- Share opportunities to create your own small batches of plant-pure products
There are rewards listed to meet any needs. We look forward to shipping one of the first boxes to you!
CHOOSE A REWARD AND FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY ON SOCIAL MEDIA - @NEXVEG
Risks and challenges
We are confident that you will love the taste, usability and feeling after you eat NexVeg. We have set plans, and challenged our distribution partner to confirm that they can handle 10's of 1000's of shipments.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter