This project's funding goal was not reached on January 30, 2013.
About this project
NexiBike is fast, efficient and comfortable -– a time-saver that can always be at your side.
We have a great buck-a-day leasing program for the NexiBike. Discover the details at http://nexibike.tumblr.com
(Click the NexiBike hyperlink to go to our Facebook page where you can Like us)
Key Product Features / Benefits
Because of its unique in-line folding design, NexiBike folds into an easy to carry portfolio shape.
This configuration not only makes NexiBike easier to carry but it also makes it easier to store – behind a door or under a bed or desk, thereby safe from theft.
In the Boston area, the MBTA permits passengers to carry folding bicycles aboard public transportation at all times when folded.
- Lightweight – Under 25 lbs.
- Folding handlebar and folding pedals
- NexiBike folds into a compact in-line shape for easy carrying and storage
- Sturmey-Archer S2C Duomatic two-speed kick-shift rear hub with coaster brake ... NO CABLES to the rear wheel!
- Reliable flat-free airless tires
- Front caliper brake
- Frame parts are machined from aircraft-quality aluminum alloy on Computer Controlled Machining Centers.
- Frame is constructed with the same bonding material used in the automotive and aerospace industries.
- Reduces commuting costs and time
- Stores indoors safe from thieves
- Can be carried on public transportation
The NexiBike is not only great for commuters, but for those just tooling around town doing their shopping, going to class, hanging out.
The NexiBike project is to demonstrate the economic feasibility and practicality of a high-quality folding bicycle in a wide variety of operating environments and circumstances.
Risks and challenges
The delivery dates for NexiBike rewards are the best estimates of when NexiBikes will be available for shipment. As with any project of this size and complexity, delivery dates may be adjusted a few weeks one way or the other. Operational uncertainties may impact when the NexiBike Reward is delivered but they do not constitute a threat to its actually being produced and shipped in compliance with the Backer’s expectations.
Although the waiting time is long, if one weighs this temporary inconvenience against the benefit of receiving a NexiBike (at below dealer's price) with a 90 day Satisfaction Guarantee and a warrantee on the frame for the rest of the original owner's life, it is clear that the generous nature of this Kickstarter offer is a reflection of the confidence and pride that the NexGen Bicycle team has in NexiBike.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
We want to eliminate the nagging problem of protruding cables on the folded bike that can interfere with not only the person transporting the bike but those around them as well. Having the coaster brake and kick-shift makes that possible.
- (30 days)