On Their Merry Way - Last Day! (Canceled)
A unique path-building board game starring the underdogs in the tales of Robin Hood - The greedy merchants and the Merry Men!
This is the final week for On Their Merry Way! If you are looking forward to this game, please consider spreading the word, or upgrading your pledge. It's not over yet!
On Their Merry Way puts players in the role of Robin Hood's Merry Men. Rich and heartless merchants travel the road through Sherwood forest and it's up to you to pilfer their profits! By scrounging resources, setting traps, and undercutting your opponents you'll collect the most loot and become Robin's right-hand man!
So how do you win?
What makes OTMW fun?
- Unique path building puzzle makes a refreshing challenge for all experience levels without needless complexity
- Being a step ahead of your opponents earns a satisfying windfall that eschews the randomness and hurt feelings of 'take that' games
- Each turn builds upon the previous for a snowball effect; build more traps and trails to go wild with profit!
- All This For $29USD, Domestic Shipping Included
- Includes the NEW solo mode and print-and-play
In addition to the base game, the Kickstarter-Exclusive deluxe edition includes the following:$54USD, Domestic Shipping Included
Includes the NEW solo mode and print-and-play
1. Scrounge Phase
- To build your traps, you'll need resources. Look at the upcoming travelers and plan accordingly as you take ten total of Plans, Manpower, and Materials. You'll get some new trail cards to use at this time as well. The travelers and their follies change every round, making each turn a new puzzle to solve!
2. Build Phase
- If you want to trick those Merchants, you'll have to build traps that match their follies. Players take turns playing trail cards and moving the roadblock until their plans are complete or they run out of resources.
3. Travel Phase
- At the end of the round, all of the travelers head down the road they are on. If there are no traps that match their folly, they make it to the end safe and sound. Otherwise, they are lured off the main road on the shortest route towards the first trap that matches their folly. Merchants pay profit for the traps they fall for, but Guards remove trap tokens, setting back your plans!
- Travelers always go forwards, never backwards.
- Travelers head straight for the end of the road, unless there is a trap ahead of them that matches their folly.
- Travelers move the shortest distance towards the next trap that matches their folly, turning left if there is a tie.
- Roadblocks can help your strategy by diverting traffic towards- or away from- your own traps.
- Take resources based on the upcoming merchants!
- Build traps and roadblocks to set yourself up!
- Travelers travel the paths according to their follies!
- Traps and trails stay on the board, so each round is more intense than the last!
"If you are looking for a puzzle-like game that isn't super heavy with a mix of strategy and luck, then this is the game for you." -Everything Board Games
"This is a very fine-tuned game, a well-oiled machine" -Unfiltered Gamer
Watch a full 4-player game of On Their Merry Way here, or suggest NEW livestreams to be posted! Whether you'd like to see solo, two player, multiplayer, or anything else about the gameplay or production, make your opinion known!
Pledge $29 or More (Merry Man)
- The standard pledge will get you all of the content of the game and every unlocked stretch goal in the highest quality possible!
- Domestic shipping included
Pledge $54 or More (Friend of Robin)
- All of the standard content of the game and stretch goals
- PLUS Kickstarter-Exclusive playmat and first player marker!
- Includes Five 24mm Traveler Miniatures
Pledge $200 or more (Founder of Sherwood)
- In addition to receiving your copy of the game with unlocked stretch goals, you will also have your name included in the rulebook's Trap Glossary! Choose your favorite trap and cast yourself as a Merry Man, the trap's inventor, or one of its victims!
- You'll also receive one deluxe copy of the game with all stretch goals.
- Quantity is limited to 28 backers, one per trap entry.
Tabletop Simulator / Tabletopia
On Their Merry Way will be available to play for free on Tabletopia in the future!
Shipping and Budget
We believe that New Experience Workshop produces games on par with any major company, but trying to emulate their business model is not practical or sustainable- We'll continue matching their quality in art, components, and gameplay, but we'll be forging our own way in terms of financing because we have the flexibility to do so. Rather than focus on making the game in a specific way, with a specific manufacturer, and specific fulfillment, we have sourced optimal solutions for every level of funding. Planning for different manufacturers and different delivery services has allowed us to make a better promise to backers that we are confident to keep.
Shipping is NOT included in your pledge and will be calculated/charged once the campaign has completed.
We recommend waiting until the pledge manager to add the exact amount required.
We currently estimate that the shipping costs for the pledges will be approximately:
- USA: Included
- Canada: $5
- Europe: $10
- Australia/New Zealand: $14
- Africa/Middle East: $25
- Rest of World: $16-$20
US Shipping is included in all pledge tiers.
No matter how remote your location, $25 is the maximum charge for shipping.
About New Experience Workshop
Chris Amburn is the Lead Designer and Founder of New Experience Workshop. He believes games create a shared construct in which people can better get to know one another, which is more important than ever in the smartphone age.
Rachel Gravenmier is the Public Relations Manager for New Experience Workshop. Always ready to demo our games with new players at conventions, her effort and support is instrumental in making New Experience Workshop games a reality.
Francesca Da Sacco is a talented artist, best known for dark graphic novels with an incredible style, and is responsible for all of the artwork of On Their Merry Way. You can see more projects and support her art via her Kickstarter campaigns or Patreon.
Risks and challenges
New Experience Workshop is experienced with the Kickstarter process and has a reputation for delivering projects on time or early.
Thanks to feedback from our backers, we've been able to improve price, shipping, and the features of our game for re-launch.
Furthermore, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with your game, all New Experience Workshop games come with a full money-back guarantee.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (28 days)