BEHMEN: A (Nicolas) Cage Card Game
A card game based around the many esteemed (and some not so esteemed) characters portrayed by the greatest actor of this generation.
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Fri, October 12 2018 9:59 PM UTC +00:00.
A twist on a classic card game that is guaranteed to stir up some discussion and debate!
Pick cards and place pairs, but don’t get stuck with the BEHMEN card!
Players take turns picking a card from the hand of another player. Each time a match is made, they may lay the pair down.
The game continues in this manner until all of the pairs are laid down, and one player is left holding a single card – the BEHMEN card!
A treasure hunter who steals the Declaration of Independence.
An alcoholic who moves to Las Vegas to drink himself to death.
A motorcycle stuntman who becomes the Devil’s bounty hunter.
An FBI chemist that goes up against terrorists at Alcatraz.
A mentally ill literary agent who believes he was bitten by a vampire.
An army ranger that finds himself on a flight full of convicts.
Those are just a few of the many unforgettable roles that the often-memed actor has had. But most of us who saw his performance as Behmen, a disillusioned knight who is tasked with escorting a witch to her trial, wish that we could erase it from our memory. If you haven’t seen it, the TOMATOMETER score of only 9% tells you everything you need to know.
Each deck includes 50 colorful cards, plus any additional cards added from meeting stretch goals:
- 24 pairs of cards depicting different Cage characters, with different color templates to allow for easier sorting
- a single BEHMEN card
- an instruction card
RollforCrit - "It's for someone in your life who loves (Nicolas) Cage." "A great stocking stuffer or gag gift."
Winter Moon Games - "It is a game you can pick-up, play really quick, have a few laughs, and use as an opening ice-breaker game."
BEHMEN: A Cage Card Game will include free shipping for U.S. backers! And shipping costs have been reduced by $4 for all international backers.
All rewards for this campaign are being shipped from within the U.S. As a backer, you are responsible for paying any customs, duties, or taxes, as appropriate for your locale.
Risks and challenges
We are doing all we can to minimize risk on this project:
- Artwork and graphic design work for the game, including what is needed for some of the stretch goals, has already been completed.
- The projected delivery date of March 2019 has been set to allow for ample time to accommodate for any complications that arise. It is our desire to get the game into backers hands in advance of that.
- We have only one version of the game to keep production simplified.
- We are not offering an abundance of, or over-complicated, backer rewards.
- Printing costs have been heavily researched and factored into our rewards. The costs have been verified with our chosen printing partner, a company known for their dependability with playing card printing.
- Shipping costs have been heavily researched and factored into our rewards. Should pledges come in a lot higher than our goal, reputable fulfillment companies will be utilized to keep shipping costs down and products arriving into backers hands in a timely manner.
The usual risks that are a concern to all Kickstarter projects apply and delays can be caused by a variety of reasons. Should any issues arise along the way, we will be completely transparent in communications and will keep you updated on our progress towards fixing them.
Thanks for your support!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- All gone!