TUG is a multiplayer open-world sandbox-RPG using new technology and social sciences to directly involve players in the game’s design. Read more
This project was successfully funded on May 31, 2013.
Steam Greenlight, New Website, Milestone Patch, and TUG Pre-Orders Are Live!!!
Today is a big day for us! After all-nighters and many days and nights of pulling out all our hair… it’s here! TUG is live on Steam Greenlight! Plus, our new website is live, and pre-orders are once again available for purchase and download!
Wanna see TUG on Steam? Help us get Greenlit and vote now! Spread the word to all your friends and enemies! When/if we get Greenlit, we plan to put TUG on Steam Early Access.
Also, watch this new teaser trailer we made for Alpha, Greenlight, and the Survival Games!
New Website… and Pre-Orders are back!!
We’ve redesigned our website, and it’s better than ever! TUG is once again available for purchase, and there are a variety of digital download packs available to suit your tastes at a range of prices. Wanna get in on the action now, and pick up a few neat in-game goodies along the way? Now you can! Or, if you just want to wait and pre-order a copy of TUG when it officially launches, that option is there too.
Buy TUG here!
Major Patch Milestone
New patch is live! Lots of exciting changes are in. We have finalized crafting and resource variations for weapons and tools and made many mmprovements to the terrain generation for Survival Games maps. We have added the first stage of our body morphing system that will start players with a random set of physical features and clothing pieces before each match.
Many improvements and bug fixes went into this build to make a generally much smoother experience for everyone. Enjoy!
- Temp health indicator added to Survival Games
- New Main Menu UI
Custom Survival Games Map
- Added the ability to create a custom survival map using creative mode
- Must be run on a dedicated server
- Place a world center object and at least one spawn point to set up
New Assets Added
- 9 variations of the axe, hammer & pick
- 9 variations of the sword
- 3 variations of the gourd torch
- 5 variations of each rock
- 3 variations of each stone resource and each wood resource used in tool and weapon crafting
- 3 variations of the club
- 3 variations of the spear
- New equipment pieces
- New hair styles
- New player animations
- Major performance optimizations
- Crafting now works anywhere
- 3rd-person camera temporarily disabled
- Improved generation speeds
- Multiple generation bugs fixed
- Fixed multiple stability issues
- Properly cull animated models that are outside of generation
- New particle based clouds!
- Improved character kinematics control
- Fixed tree collision
- Improved character collision with world
- Morph Target animation system
- Multi-texturing support
- Equipment support
- Randomly selected body weight, equipment, and hair
- Previous saves will not be compatible
- Crafting no longer requires a table
- New crouch and crawl states
- Added new sound FX
- Improved the dedicated servers features, output, and stability
- Spread out spawn locations
Key Command Changes
- "Q" - Removes the currently held item from the players hand
- “C” - Toggle Crouch; while in fly mode, causes the player to descend
- “Q” - Drops the currently held item on the ground
- “C” - Toggle Crouch
- Game can crash when closing the client
- You can delete a saved world you are currently in, which crashes the game if you then try to pause/exit.
- A high amount of particle effects in the same area can cause a severe drop in performance.
- Certain world generations have terrifyingly high/deep columns of ground types.
- In Survival, dropping/placing small objects like sticks near collision can cause them to fall through the world (or object).
- In Creative mode, placing large objects close to yourself can cause you to fall through the world.
- In Survival Games, the gourd torch light and FX remains in place if you place it and pick it up off the ground
- Block placement interface/outline appears when holding a weapon/tool in Survival and not when holding a block
- In Survival Games, when placing blocks, sometimes more blocks will enter your inventory
- Visible seams on the Seedlings
- Some clothing types display as black textures
- Body stretches unnaturally when crouching and swinging a tool/weapon
- In a multiplayer game, other players appear to sink into the ground slightly when crouched
- In a multiplayer game, a player states aren’t correctly updated for new players joining the match. For example, holding weapons/tool or Seed/Wisp state.
- On a rematch in Survival Games games, sometimes parts of the map may be missing.
- Rarely, when a player spawns in a game, they can spawn inside of (and be trapped in) an object
- When placing objects in Creative Mode, the object may not place exactly the same as the preview suggests
- Rarely, when using a custom made Survival map on a dedicated server, portions of the map/cell may appear missing for some players. Clients seeing this bug should reconnect.
- When selecting a world to load, there are issues when trying to select a specific save
- In a single-player, local Survival Games map, if you die, the game will crash.
- Crouched hurt and swing animations are missing
- The player’s speed is too fast in first person
- 32-bit clients cannot connect to servers.
Follow TUG on Social Media
As always, follow us on our social media channels for more updates and news! And be sure to sign up for our newsletter as well.