What's new here at Nerd Kingdom?
Well, we've been working hard to add more features to Alpha, improve our website, and build our social media presence!
Here's a little peek at the weekly progress from our dev team:
- New tree models and leaf FX added to the biomes!
- New mushroom varieties added to the game
- Day/Night lighting adjustments made across all biomes (see video playlist below!)
- Finished Idle, Run, Walk animations for the Seedling!
- Local testing of multiplayer! Currently working through syncing issues and adding functionality before rolling it out for broader testing
- Added LUA script support to engine
- Continued modelling Seedling clothes & tools!
There's also been some neat stuff going on on our social media outlets and forums, if you've been paying attention!
Our Flat Tugley contest gives you the chance to take a Seedling with you on your adventures! Just print one out, take pictures with it in unique places, and post it on the forum to contribute to Tugley's travel journal. Be creative!
We've adjusted the day and night lighting in all the TUG biomes! Travel at the speed of particle light through each TUG biome and see a day sunrise to sunset!
What do all these mysterious symbols mean? Join our fans as they work at translating the original language created for TUG... and perhaps you'll uncover some lore secrets while you're at it!
While we don't have multiplayer yet, that shouldn't stop you from playing TUG together! Shadee is heading the construction of TUG Village, where each person builds within one saved game for a day, then passes it on to the next person.
Seedling Run Cycle
Get the first look at our little Seedling running for his life:
Interview Series With the Devs!
In case you missed it, AzzyTheAussie did a great series of interviews with a couple members of the Nerd Kingdom team!
Peter "Ino" Salinas:
Meryl "Merylisk" Coker:
Steve "Lefty" Levkoff:
REMINDER: Pledges are still open for Alpha and Beta testing! It's not too late to secure your place in the testing phase and join in the creation of TUG! Check out our website for donation options!
Stay tuned for more weekly progress updates!