TUG Update Alpha 0.8.6 - 8/11/2015
Hello everyone, Nekochu here!
We’ve got some new stuff: fixes to old stuff and some really bold stuff to be found in this update. First off, we’ve made some changes to how you can place objects in the world. This is really important to me as I want to focus our efforts on making the player experience a top priority going forward. Now when placing objects, you’ll be able to use the V key to turn on grid snapping, making it super easy to line up your objects.
We also have dyes in the game to make your own custom colored bricks. We have a Bear Ram and he is terrifying! We also have a basket to collect your fruit from your gardens for you! There’s much, much more so check the patch notes for all the new things!
You’ll also find a lot of changes to recipe times and the method to crafting certain items. Check out the changes to the cage trap, you can now capture other players! We’ve been making some tweaks to the AI to help them with pathfinding and avoidance. This is all leading up to big future improvements for the AI in the game. Oh did I mention the pets can now guard your camp and protect you in battle? No? Well they do and it is awesome!
Unfortunately, due to the nature of some of the changes we’ve made, previous game saves will not load up with the new update.
As always, follow us @nerdkingdom to keep up with our progress and announcements.
Also, make sure to let us know if you run into any bugs or other issues, and if you have trouble running the game, check out our Steam forums for more details.
Our lead coder does lots of live streaming so follow him @camfergusondfw
And if you have any game questions, give me a shout @x_nekochu_x
If you want to know when indev and release builds arrive, follow @theuntiltledgame
Save Version bump
- Glow maps on terrain
- Helmets are now equippable
- The bronze necklace is equippable
- The woven basket is a new container that will automatically gather edible fruit within a small radius of itself
- Z placement now ignores collision for placement allowing a greater freedom of placement in Survival Mode
- Z placement can now be toggled to snap to the grid for placement. The default key for this toggle is ‘V’.
- Snapped grid placement will also apply to Creative object placement tools
- Mother Bear Ram has arrived and she is not pleased that people have been hunting its cubs
- Dyes can now be crafted.
- Dye can be combined with clay to make a colored clay brick voxel. Some dyes can also be mixed with cobblestone.
- Bamboo trees drop bamboo voxels
- Creatures can now be placed in Creative Mode
- Can copy/paste into and out of the main menu text fields
- Clients should be able to pick up and interact with things with better consistency with normal lag conditions
- Rebalanced stats of all tools and weapons
- Added in more variety to existing resources
- Vine bearing fruit now detaches fully grown fruit
- Mushroom hands are plantable Many recipes have been rebalanced
- Adjusted craft times for all items
- Rebalanced many transmutation recipes requirements and output
- Repair recipes now restore a smaller portion of durability
- The requirements to craft the Artisan Workbench have been lowered to only require a Crude Hammer
- Bronze tools and weapons now require an Artisan Workbench to be crafted
- Bronze tier tool and weapon parts can now be crafted together in any combination of head and handle
- The Cage Trap recipe now requires its components to be crafted individually
- The Cage Trap will craft at the location of its floor component. The trap can no longer be picked up, but it must be broken down and recrafted.
- Meat can now be cooked with torches
- Projectiles now follow a more consistent path
- Return Stones can now be used multiple times before it is used up
- After using a Return Stone, players may hang in the air briefly before touching down to mitigate falling before the terrain generates underneath them
- Creature AI has been expanded
- Taming a pet now requires the player use a Vine Collar on a fully appeased kid/cub
- If left alone for long enough, Guardian Pets set to stay will begin to slowly wander
- Guardians now help defend their owner from threats. Cats attack aggressively and Goats attack defensively.
- Guardian Goats now have a head butt attack
- When attacked in any state, creatures will now defend themselves or flee
- Wandering predators will eat their kills and other animal corpses
- Goats will focus on consuming nearby fruit before targeting vines
- When breeding, pets will create a nest for more visual feedback for the process
- The Mushroom Man’s drop rate has been adjusted
- Updated the sky with a more readable 2nd moon and other cosmic entities
- Adjusted several player animations
- Terrain optimization
- More recipes added to convert blocks to more useful items as well as recipes to breakdown objects such as the rock heads that become too plentiful
- Creatures can now be placed in creative mode
- Fixed normals on objects, characters, and terrain
- Spears and potions should no longer reflect off of the throwing player’s collision
- Damage states and warning sounds for tools and weapons
- Creature collisions should be more accurately sized and be easier to hit and harvest
- The collision capsule for the teen is more accurate
- Goats no longer orbit trees
- Goats and Cats now play their sitting animations
- Growth potions cannot be used on something that is already under its effects
- Fixed an instability caused by loading into multiple games within the same session of TUG
- The Ctrl, Alt, and Shift keys should be bindable now as well as differentiated by their side i.e. LCtrl, RCtrl, LAlt, etc.
- Fixed Modded keybind resetting after game restarts
- Exposed NKGetCraftingArcheType, NKGetCategory, NKGetTier on GameObjectSchematic
- Server side command registration using Eternus.GameState:RegisterSlashCommand
- Exposed GetModdedPath on EntityFramework, used to get absolute path based on VFS
- Exposed NKGetPath on ModScript
- Added custom Strict Lib to DebugUtility
- Added JSON parser to Core
- Slingshot projectiles can still reflect off the throwing player’s collision
- When Client players throw a spear, it briefly reorients itself to the hand. This is purely a visual bug.
- The ‘|’ and ‘\’ key have been removed as a bindable key
- Cannot bind key combinations together i.e. ctrl + e cannot be bound as an action
- Some of the new bronze throwables will appear to be spears when z-placed
- If you leave an area where a nest is, it is not producing offspring when you return. The workaround is to stay within the area until the baby is produced.
- In Creative Mode, the first time you click into the Search bar will cause the inventory icons to shift/shrink slightly
- In Creative Mode, you cannot place voxels as voxels when in the Survival Placement mode unless the voxel is in hand already when you switch to that placement.
- In Creative Mode, the object representation of a voxel is appearing even when in voxel placement mode
- When you destroy all the voxels in a cell, it will appear to destroy all objects in that cell as well. Reloading (or leaving the area and returning) will restore those objects.
- When a player dies and respawn from a wisp, you can briefly see a flash of their character at the wisps last position before they appear at their spawn point.
- You can use a Health Potion when at full health.
- AI Creatures can wander off the edge of the world.
- The wool shirt is clipping into the default leaf pants and gauntlet