Update Warning! Game saves from v0.8.4 will not load in v0.8.5 due to terrain tech updates.
Ahoy! This is a big tech update we have going on, as it's the benchmark for the team moving on to engine 2.0. The next several months will be spent building and porting systems over to openGL and making the game accessible to more and more players in the community. Not only do we expand the reach of the community, but we also get a chance to dramatically improve ALL the things for the game.
We have some REALLY exciting times ahead of us, as we prepare to grow our team and get a bit more aggressive on the things we create. As a lot of you know, we have always had a huge focus on modding, and much of that focus is actually going to start to shine within the next few months. While the DX11 engine may not expand much while we move over to openGL, we have some pretty rad stuff planned for the community and a lot of modders from the MC community. Its a great chance for us to really work out new systems we are introducing to make mod creation and discovery easier.
We will have a lot of fairly huge announcements on the future of TUG, within the next couple of months, so be sure to follow us @nerdkingdom
As per usual, report any bugs you run into, screenshots and videos are super helpful if you have the time. And if the game is not running for whatever reason, and it was, we are more likely going to see the report email before we see the review on steam… just sayin.
Cameron has been doing a LOT of streams on builds lately, so follow him @camfergusondfw
If you want Corey to hurry the H E double hockey sticks, up with openGL, harass him @CoreyClarkPhD
And if you want to send lavish gifts and cookie bouquets, feel free to get me @inoritewtf
of course, to track when indev and release builds arrive, follow @theuntiltledgame
Alpha Patch 0.8.5
Recent changes to our physics and terrain system have been drastic enough that we have had to bump the save version. All older saves are not compatible.
- Sky Update: New look to the sky, as well as adjustments for color and density that will change depending how far you are between different biomes
- Biomes have been made more distinct. Resource distribution, lighting, background sound, and fog density have all been updated for each.
- Terrain voxels are now what you dig is what you get (with the exception of the ore dropping rock which gives cobblestone). Cobblestone and Thatched voxels will need to be crafted from rock and grass voxels, respectively.
- Terrain Input system: biomes generally larger than before and more consistent with which biomes they are adjacent to. Biome frequency adjusted
- Crude Door
- Fat/Skinny body morphing New clothing options for the Seed
- Coconuts can now be harvested and planted
- Variety of mushrooms can now be planted
- Hitting the crafting button while crafting will cancel the current craft
- Z-Placement Adjustments
- Right click to place
- Hold Left Shift to adjust the distance of the item from the camera
- Hold Left Ctrl to free rotate the item
- Hold Left Shift + Left Ctrl to rotate on the X-Axis
- Creative Mode update (back to explicit tools for each function)
- Creative Mode now has three sets of tools for object placement, voxel placement, and standard Survival interaction