It’s been a bit longer than I’d like since I last posted an update, and for that I apologize. I won’t get into details, but suffice to say real life has been a little rough on us lately, so things aren’t moving as fast as I’d like. Things are moving along through, and I wanted to give you an overview of what’s been going on.
The big thing is that the first batch of stretch goal material (the five bonus character types and the two short stories) is in layout, which means the PDF will be going out to backers pretty soon. We’ll be asking backers to report errors they might find like we did with the core rulebook, especially since this material hasn’t been subjected to as intensive of an editing process as for the rulebook. Once it’s ready we’ll have gotten over the last major hurdle to being ready to go to print! In other news:
- The first editing pass for Mononoke Koyake is in progress. I’m really looking forward to sharing that book with you, since it’s generally a lot of fun and hugely expands the variety of characters GSS can support.
- I also just got the handmade pouches for the ohajiki in the mail (made from imported fabric from a shop in the local Japantown), and they’re at least as cute as I’d hoped.
- TS Luikart came through with his two adventure scenarios as well. In “Present Thunder” you need to find out what’s got the oni chief of the mountains so upset that he’s summoning thunder storms out of season, and in “Big Dog’s Day” the shrine’s massive stone lion-dog statue has gone missing—and wants to have some fun around town!
- Rodrigo Garcia Carmona meanwhile has playtested his two adventures and will be sending them to me soon.
- Kyle Simons is still working on his writeup for Korean Household Gods. It’s coming along slowly but surely.
I’m also making good progress on the first draft of Faerie Skies. I made it a fairly straightforward book, which presents fae as a new set of character types and adds some new NPCs and a sample town. The six main types of fae will be:
- Brownies – helpful domestic fae
- Elves – the beautiful and melancholy fae nobility
- Gnomes – Creatures of the earth
- Nymphs – Beautiful fae spirits of the air, trees, and water
- Pixies – Mischievous little winged fae
- Puca – Animal shapeshifters prone to mischief
Finally, since several people have been asking for it, I made a Google+ Community for GSS:
Once again, thank you all so much for your support!