I'm Neil Bob Herd, Scottish Singer-songwriter now resident in Folkestone, Kent. Until recently I was a member of the Coal Porters, a bluegrass band that ran for 17 years, made 6 albums - and had a great run, played some lovely gigs all over the UK, Europe and North America and most importantly met a ton of great people and connected with them through our songs.
Since the 'Porters reached the end of the road last year I've been working towards recording an album entitiled Every Soul A Story with my new outfit The Dirty Little Acoustic Band.
Looking to add a little more twang, electricity and Scotch Americana to the 'Porters purely acoustic palette, with wry humour and sideways observation of the human condition still very much in evidence.
As the title suggests, the forthcoming LP features a cast of real and invented characters pondering grown-up songwriting staples such as faith, reincarnation, betrayal, hope and plain old "getting friendly".
Making an Album
Yes, it’s an album, we want to make, a Long-Playing Record with a view to release at the end of October 2019 - a collection of songs, stories, characters - entitled "Every Soul a Story" - recording "Basement Tapes" style, bringing a bunch of mics into our "ganghut" aka "Ravenlea Recorders"
Under the watchful ears of producer Dan Swift (Snow Patrol, Aqualung, British Sea Power)
- we’ve started recording on trust, goodwill and caffeine but to get this record done right - and that’s a proper vinyl disc (+ cd), and get it promoted and distributed so that it (and, we hope, The Dirty Little Acoustic Band) go as far as possible, we need a little more money than we can find down the side of the sofa.
Rewards for backing this project:
If you can give us £4 you’ll get a special advance song download, plus a thank you postcard
- £10 will get you a 4-song EP download (plus thank you postcard) 🎶💻 💌
- £15 entire album download (plus thank you postcard) . 🎵🎵 💻💌
- £20 Signed CD album (+ Download album & Thank You Card 💿💻💌
- £40 Vinyl 12" album (or 2 x CD ) 🔘💿💻💌
- £75 Hand written Lyric Sheets plus Album 📝🔘💿💻💌
- £100 Feature in the cover artwork* plus Album 🎨🔘💿💻💌
- £150 Album plus Limited edition print of the album artwork 🖼🔘💿💻💌
- £250 Songwriting Session plus Album 🎼📕🔘💿💻💌
- £400 Solo House Concert plus Album 🕺🏠🔘💿💻💌
- £600 Acoustic Band House Concert plus Album 👫👬🏠🔘💿💻💌
- £1000 Full Band Concert plus Album 🎤🎸👫👬🎪🔘💿💻💌
- £1500 Executive Producer Credit plus Album ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️🎫📣🔘💿💻💌
*AngeloPizzigallo will build a custom "Diorama" like the one below using objects / pictures submitted by you around the theme the album's title of "Every Soul a Story"
Please Click"Back this project" if you'd like to support us
We’re aiming at £4000 to get the CD edition completed, and if we achieve that, then another £1500 for a vinyl edition.
These are costs to do a run of 1000 CDs, if we hit this £4000 target,
with your help we hope to raise another £1500 to produce 500 12'' Vinyl albums
I really hope you’d like to be part of this, so many thanks for taking the time to look at our campaign and for supporting us this far.
Please click and pledge now - pick a reward, create a log in , set up payment details and.. please share with everyone you can - should take just a couple of minutes
Hope to hear from you soon - do get in touch if you have any queries at all.
“These songs aren’t gonna to sing themselves “
Risks and challenges
Our biggest challenge is to be able to reach our extended target of £5500 as we really want to press a vinyl edition - at the same time, in order to make our planned October 2019 release, we need to commit to a pressing with a lead time of around 8-10 weeks. We can go with a CD release at this time but since the project is conceived with vinyl strongly in mind, we'd like to give the vinyl option our very best shot.
As regards reward fulfillment, the more resource-hungry rewards have been limited in number. If we have to send a great many thank-you postcards, that will be no great hardship for veterans of the paper flyer mailshots of old.
- (28 days)