MYTH 2018 is a calendar collaboration between eighteen illustrators with the goal of beautifying January 2018 through June of 2019.
Based on the theme of MYTH - either historical, legendary, or personal, each of the artists selected their own subject matter based on their passions. They were asked to work in a vertical format and adhere to a limited color palette, which unifies the magic as our art sings you through the year.
- January 2018 is brought to you by Celine Loup
- February 2018 is brought to you by Deanna Echanique
- March 2018 is brought to you by F. Lee Hayes
- April 2018 is brought to you by Jamie Ramsden
- May 2018 is brought to you by Katy Farina
- June 2018 is brought to you by Arielle Jovellanos
- July 2018 is brought to you by Sarah Robbins
- August 2018 is brought to you by Sara Kipin
- September 2018 is brought to you by Nechama Frier
- October 2018 is brought to you by Aisleen Romano
- November 2018 is brought to you by Mady G
- December 2018 is brought to you by Ten Van Winkle
- January 2019 is brought to you by Shae Beagle
- February 2019 is brought to you by Rian Sygh
- March 2019 is brought to you by Janna Morton
- April 2019 is brought to you by Serena Henderson
- May 2019 is brought to you by Lokelani
The kickstarter will update every day to reveal a new month's illustration, along with the stories that inspired them to create their pieces. The majority of the $8000 raised will go towards paying each contributing artist a fair rate for their fantastic work. Each artist will be paid at least $200 from the money raised if the kickstarter is successful. If we overfund, all additional profits will be split evenly among the artists to increase their rate.
2018 may be a hard year, with many local and global issues presenting us with constant uncertainty. When I originally conceived of this project, I considered using a theme that was more political in nature, something that "actively" fought back against the forces of tyranny, suppression, and hatred in the world. I chose instead to use the concept of MYTH, images of personal escape, magic, and wonder, for those of us who are going to need comfort and healing in the coming eighteen months. As much as it is our duty as artists to bring about change, it is also our privilege as creators to imagine spaces where the supernatural reigns and our imaginations are free when our bodies cannot be. We hope you will enjoy this new item of beauty to help you through the day.
Special thanks to Christopher Wade for editing our video.
Special thanks to Rainy Hayes for lending us their musical talent on the harp.
Risks and challenges
At the time of this kickstarter's launch, all artists have submitted their work, a printer for the calendar has been secured, and a prototype has already been made. All that's left to do is fund a full order of the calendars themselves, make some final design adjustments, and then produce the final product en masse.
This is my second kickstarter and the latest in a long line of projects I have successfully funded and reliably shipped on time. If there are any delays, which there sometimes are, I will make it my personal responsibility to alert all backers of the shift in timeline.
We expect to deliver all calendars by the holiday season, to make them perfect for gift-giving and ringing in the new year. If there is any delay on that, we will do our best to make the lost time up to you so that every backer is satisfied.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (25 days)