VoyVoy: The Pocket Square T-Shirt
New to Kickstarter? Learn the basics here
Thrillist: "Surf-inspired clothing designed to last beyond the beach"
Guest of a Guest: "VoyVoy's pocket square T-shirts are causing quite a buzz"
Brobible: "We support our fellow Bros, give this one a look"
Dude!!! I want that: "Indisputably snazzy"
inStash: "a simple design change that’ll probably end up making millions"
Gear Hungry: "An idea we wish we'd thought of first...all-around awesome"
Man of Many: "Add a little touch of style and sophistication to your T-shirt"
Milkshake: "a fashion-forward update on the classic t-shirt"
Flow Zone: "The classiest T-Shirt we've ever seen"
What is unique about the design:
- I inverted the traditional pocket tee and put the pocket inside the shirt
- I switched the pocket fabric for fun contrasting and styling options
- I made the pocket large enough for items like sunglasses or an iPhone
- The interior design holds items firmly against the body and adds a subtle style
- The shirts are made from a jersey knit fabric that is extremely comfortable
Why you should back VoyVoy:
How it started:
Hey, I'm Nat and I used to make surfboards out of my attic and sell them to friends and fellow surfers near my home. My Dad and I collaborated on the designs and made some very unique (loud) color patterns for the surfboards. We always talked about how cool it would be to mix our passions for surf, travel, and art into a larger brand.
Shortly after, I drew sketches of the first pocket square shirts. I had something that I thought was unique; it represented the relaxed nature of surfing, uniqueness found through travel, and fun colors and patterns in art. I took some of the money I made selling surfboards and produced a line of t-shirts.
Our Name: VoyVoy
Our Logo: The Monkey
It is rumored that the Ancient Mayans worshipped monkeys as being both deviant and devine. They played tricks and provided laughter. They were said to represent the seriousness and laughter in life. Inspired by these fun monkeys, my Dad drew the following logo. We named him VVilson and use him as decoration on our products and website. VVilson has since become a mascot who travels around the VVorld with our fans.
Where we are now:
With VoyVoy's new fabric supplier, we will now be able to use American grown, organic cotton. In addition, these shirts will be made by a new manufacturer in the US that is entirely owned by the workers themselves. I believe in supporting American jobs and products made in America. US manufacturing also allows for faster production and more flexibility. Furthermore, it means I can visit the factory easily and frequently to check on the quality of production. The minimum quantity of fabric has been secured, samples and prototypes approved, and a deposit has been placed with our manufacturer to secure our production schedule. Now we need you to get it off the ground!
Why I need Kickstarter:
- To move all of our production to the US and to support American jobs and eco-friendly production
- To launch a new website, with better functionality and user experience (such as filters to find your size/style, social media connections, and a mobile-friendly version)
- Better product photography and content (think hyper-zoom to see the quality of fabrics and colors)
- To change fulfillment centers for faster shipping and better customer service (real-time inventory updates as well as shipping tracking and confirmation)
- We will be manufacturing at least 4 new colors of American made Tees if the campaign is successful. As we pass this goal I will hopefully add new milestones such as additional colors, new packaging, or awesome website additions - Spread the word and tell your friends!
Our 'Americana' Sticker is exclusive to Kickstarter backers ONLY!
VoyVoy Pocket Square T-Shirt:
Start off with one, or get the whole collection. We have deals the more you get (starting at 1, 2, 3, and 4 shirts) - Just add $40 for any additional shirts you wish to add to a reward package. We will be releasing a minimum of 4 colors, and the more we pass our goal, the more colors are possible - so spread the word and stock up!
Design and Name a New Style ($500):
Pick a new color, contrasting fabric, label ideas, packaging...the only limit is your creativity. Then name the new shirt color/design whatever you want, seriously. We'll also put you on our site as a collaborating designer / role model / #1 Stunna, whatever floats your boat. A fresh set of 4 shirts from this round (Kickstarter) is included!
Custom Hand-made VoyVoy Surfboard ($1500):
Choose your size, shape, and collaborate with me on design ideas - anything is possible. Hang it on your wall or take it right to the ocean. I'll write a note and sign it (if you'd like). And, yes, shirts are definitely included...
I want to give a special thanks to my family and friends who have been supporters through and through - helping me pack and ship shirts, host trunk shows at their schools and homes, and always buying shirts and harassing everyone they know to do the same. This journey has been incredible so far, and I couldn't have done it without everyone behind me.
Here's a collection of some photos fans have sent us since we started. This is by far the most rewarding part of the whole experience (click below to check out our Facebook and see more!)
Thank you for checking out my Kickstarter, I hope you enjoy! "Enjoy The Ride" - Nat
- I have secured the amount of fabric needed to fulfill the production minimums with my manufacturer. Additional funds from my Kickstarter may be used to expand the color options as necessary.
- The current color options shown for the rewards are pictures of the cotton I have already reserved for this first production. They are taken to the best of my ability. Lighting is difficult as is the color resolution on your screen, but I have done my best to show you the true colors of what you can receive as a backer. As I mentioned, these four colors are at least the colors we will come out with - hopefully many more!
- I have set a time line for production with my manufacturer to have production finished by the second week of March. This means the shirts are likely to be in your hands by March, however, seeing as there are frequently delays / shipping / other speed bumps, I do not want to let anyone down, which is why I have set a conservative estimate for delivery in April.
Risks and challenges
The first risk and challenge is getting this project in front of enough people and convincing them of my idea in order to reach my goal. I have manufacturing experience, and have established a great relationship with my supply chain. There's a lot of American workers excited to make these shirts when the campaign finishes, however, the risk I face is if my campaign is extremely successful, production of many more shirts will take longer than I have currently allotted. This is because I will have to acquire more fabric and coordinate with my manufacturer the time needed to make extra shirts, a challenge both myself and my manufacturer would love to have.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)