Bringing the red light district back to Nashville. Join us and get prints, postcards, photography sessions and more! Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on .
It Was the Best of Times, It Was the Worst of Times...
"I am not a champion of lost causes, but of causes not yet won." - Norman Thomas
Well, we didn't make it. I guess we'll just have to pack up and go home, resigned to our sad darkrooms-in-boxes and darkrooms-in-basements. Tears roll gently down our faces, as we gaze into the darkroom-less abyss.
Ha, just kidding.
We are absolutely floored that we hit $15,000. We are absolutely floored by the support we got in the community, and the press we got. We have had major artists such as Ben Folds, Alan Messer, Jerry Atnip, Jim Herrington and a whole mess of others supporting us and donating to us. This whole thing was a major gamble by a small but determined band of die-hard film rebels, and we have been overwhelmed by the support we've gotten. This this is going to happen, no question.
So here's the plan.
We had a successful silent auction in Nashville on Tuesday. We're still building up buzz in the community. I met a couple folks last night who were incredibly excited about the concept (and pledged), but told me that they just hadn't heard about the project until the last day or two.
We're going to capitalize on this, and launch a two-stage plan:
(1) Stage 1: Live events in and around Nashville. We have some wicked awesome things in the works, some along the lines of pop-up gallery shows, some along the lines of the silent auction we just did, and some along the lines of ragin' parties. Our goal will be to raise between $5,000 and $10,000 with these events.
(2) Stage 2: Relaunch the Kickstarter, with a more modest goal. Heckfire -- if we'd only gone after $10,000 (or even $15,000), we'd be there. All you backers, I hope you're still interested in supporting us (and don't worry, we'll give you a shout when we relaunch), 'cause none of us are going to stop until this thing's a reality.
We really want to capitalize on the momentum we've got going here (I think that if we'd had another week, we'd have hit our $20,000 goal), so it's not going to be a long time before we relaunch--just enough time to get organized, start getting the live events on the calendar, and line up some more press.
Here's how to stay involved until the relaunch:
(1) Sign up for our mailing list. Easy. You'll be kept abreast of everything, but we only email every 1-2 weeks, so your inbox won't be overwhelmed.
(2) Watch our website. Major announcements will be posted there, on the front page, but also on the blog.
(3) Like our facebook page. Events will appear there, as well as other announcements.
Again, we can't thank all of you enough -- you showed incredible passion in supporting us, and we can't wait to make the Nashville Community Darkroom a reality with your help!
ONWARD AND UPWARD!