About this project
Our goal is to make a great movie that honors the Lord and brings together the most creative and talented students at Grove City College.
The film will be a narrative drama with humor throughout. The final runtime will likely be between one and two hours.
With the screenplay essentially complete and preliminary planning well under way, the next big step is funding. If we reach our funding goal, we will proceed based on the following schedule:
- September 2012: Pre-production and casting
- October-December 2012: Production
- January-April 2013: Post-production (editing) and marketing
- April or May 2013: Release
The film will be helmed by award-winning director Nathan Mancini. The screenplay was written by Nathan Mancini and Connor Walsh, an accomplished writer studying at Notre Dame University. Casting will be managed by Stephen Horst, a consummate actor and musician studying at Grove City College. Music for the film will be composed by Jonathan Mihail, an Apple Genius and composer from Bridgewater, NJ.
The team will continue to grow as the production process continues.
Film projects are often very expensive because they require so much equipment and talent. We have done our best to streamline the budget and set a reasonable goal. The money will be used to:
- Purchase the cameras, rigs, audio devices, and all of the other equipment necessary for this large-scale production
- Purchase props for the film, food for the cast, and other production necessities
- Fund the design and production of promotional materials, DVDs of the film, and soundtrack CDs
- Reward the lead actors and other major contributors for their time and energy
The Kickstarter system is based on pledges, not donations. When you "back" this project with a pledge, no money changes hands unless we reach our funding goal of $12,000 by September 15, 2012.
The whole team of Asleep in a Storm thanks you in advance for your prayers and financial support as this ambitious and exciting project moves forward.
Support this project
- (26 days)