NanoSound Player & Digital Audio Transport for Raspberry Pi
Continuing the success of NanoSound DAC, we would like to introduce the Digital version - NanoSound Digital and ready-to-run Player
After the success delivery of our first NanoSound product campaign, NanoSound DAC , which has received a top 5-star review by official Raspberry Pi magazine, is now sold by more than 10 distributors worldwide
We continue to build up our Audio Range for Raspberry Pi.
Our mission is to provide the Best Audio and User Experience with NanoSound using the Raspberry Pi Platform.
Here we introduce 3 new projects:
1. NanoSound Digital - High-quality S/PDIF audio output with optical and coaxial output
2. NanoSound Player - ready-to-play Audiophile Network Music Player with built-in Speaker and Headphone Amp, based on our NanoSound DAC.
3. NanoSound Plug-in for Volumio v2.0 - Big software improvements of current NanoSound Plug-in for DAC and Digital
NanoSound digital is all-in-one audio add-on for Raspberry Pi NanoSound Digital provides essential functionalities including high-quality S/PDIF audio output, Media Control Buttons, Display, Remote control and Pi Power Switch, all in one package which fits neatly on top of your Raspberry Pi. NanoSound Digital is the S/PDIF digital output version of NanoSound DAC. It is compatible with HiFiBerry Digi audio driver.
- Audio Word Length: 16-24bit
- Sample Rate: 32-192hkz
- 27Mhz high precision crystal for ultra low gitter
- S/PDIF (IEC60958-3) compliant for maximum compatibility
- Optical and Coaxial output
- NanoSound Digital Pro comes with OLED Display
- NanoSound Digital Basic does not comes with a OLED display (but it's upgradable)
The NanoSound Player is a ready-to-play Audiophile Music Player with integrated OLED Display, control buttons and remote control. It can even drive your loudspeakers directly with the NanoSound AMP^2 add on. If you’re looking for great sound and an easy to use Audiophile Music player, this is the ultimate Volumio experience for you!
- Wifi & Wired Ethernet Network
- Play everything - MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, ALAC, DSD and many more
- Spotify, Airplay, DLNA, Youtube & Free Web Radio
- Play from Internal Storage, NAS and USB Flash
- Control via Volumio App or Infrared Remote Control
- 1.3" OLED display with multi-language support
- AUX and 3.5mm output
- Texas Instruments PCM5122 DAC. 192kHz Sampling Rate / 24bit Resolution Burr-Brown DAC for best sound quality
- Texas Instruments TPS7A4700 Ultra Low Noise Voltage Regulator
- Output Power: 24mW @20Ω, 22mw @32Ω
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio (SNR): 100db @20mW
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (THD+N): 0.01% @25mW
- Output Power: 5W @2Ω, 3W @4Ω Efficiency: 90% @8Ω , 85% @4Ω, 80% @2Ω
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio (SNR): 90db
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (THD+N): 0.15% Best Suited for Speaker with Power Rating: 15W – 30W
NanoSound Plug-in for Volumio v2.0
As part of the campaign, we will be improving the Volumio Plug-in so that NanoSound devices will work like a standalone player, without relying on mobile or PC to control. It's open sourced ensuring it's well supported by NanoSound community.
Planned features include:
- Menu navigation with remote control and display
- Play and Selecting songs to play from USB / NAS / Internal
- Playlist selection
- OTA update
Our partner, Volumio, is simply the best audio player for Raspberry Pi. Volumio provides bit perfect playback, flexible control from App, Browser and expandable functionalities (such as Spotify & Youtube playback) with it's plug-in features.
NanoSound works perfectly on Volumio platform to provide the best experience for you. Here's a review by Michelangelo Guarise, CEO of Volumio.
Below are a few guides we have produced for Volumio.
You might have noticed that there was a similar campaign which didn't reach target. In this new campaign, we have reduced the scope (by removing Speakers and PowerAmp^2) and hence the funding target has been lowered.
Risks and challenges
Our first NanoSound DAC project was delivered successfully with proven track record.
As you can see from the video and product demos, the prototype is pretty much working and completed state. Our engineering and development are very confident in delivering the product on time with satisfaction.
Possible Risks of delay:
- Unexpected manufacturing problems during initial production. We will ensure that they are found as early as possible to minimize delays
- (30 days)