Hello, it is very nice to meet you here!
My name is Nadya, I'm an artist from a little country known as The Netherlands.
I always loved small fluffy animals. Rodents most of all! My other passion is drawing. When becoming an artist, it was no coincidence that my paintings mostly pictured animals and pets and their whimsical adventures.
The idea for an art and picture book to combine these adventures, has brewed inside my mind for many years. In 2017 I took the plunge and started working on my book "Wanderlust, My adventures to where you are".
I'm very excited about finishing this luxurious keepsake that combines a selection of the most exciting and endearing adventures that tell a story of courage, whimsy, bravery and love.
I kindly ask for your help, so together we can make the art book come to life! Thank you a lot for your time and support.
My illustrations often revolve around little animal friends traveling from point A to B using some kind of whimsical transportation. Walking the tightrope, riding a fluffy kitten, flying amidst butterflies, or sailing aboard a paper boat.
Within this book, tiny friends Isabella and Oliver both embark upon their own grand adventures while trying to find each other.
Isabella’s journey forms part one of the book. Oliver’s travels make up the second part.
Will they meet each other half way?
The middle spread of the book (also known as "The encounter") will be revealed to you when you open your own copy of the book!
The book will contain brand new artworks. The large original paintings are completely hand painted with ink and white acrylic details. I also used paper cut layers to add whimsy and depth.
The paintings of the book will not contain any text. I really wanted the images to tell the story. It will be a true collector's item to browse through while enjoying the artwork and seeing the story unfold. Therefore, it can be appreciated by people of all languages and ages. "Reading" it interactively with your (grand) child will make for a fun and interactive story time, full of imagination!
Specifics about the book
• Hardcover book, matte cover
• Section sewn spine
• The closed book measures 14.8 x 21 cm = 5.8 x 8.2 inches (A5)
• The opened book measures 14.8 x 42 cm ( = 5.8 x 16.5 inches)!
• 170 grams matte paper inside
• 32 full color pages*
• The 3D paintings are scanned by a specialised company
• The book includes a luxurious black reading ribbon
(not pictured in mock-ups below)
*The ink illustrations are monochrome, but the book is printed on full color presses to preserve the warm undertone of the ink)
These are mock-ups of the book, so you can see what it will look like once finished and printed:
And this is what your happy mail will look like:
(The square sticker will be on the inside of the packaging)
Isabella and Oliver are both inhabitants of the Wanderlust world. They both have their own appearance, personalities and belongings. Most of all, they are very fond of each other. This is why they enjoy spending time together while drinking a hot cup of tea or coco.
I launched my business Nadyart in 2012 and I work from my own art studio in Heerlen, The Netherlands. I am married to Bjorn and I’m mommy to toddler boy Luke. Bunny Penny also lives with our family. I have been drawing ever since I was a little girl and I enjoy it a tremendous amount until this day! A portion of my illustrations can be categorized as "children's art". My art AND this book may be enjoyed by every age group though!
During my work as an illustrator I spend most of my time creating paintings, custom child and pet illustrations, birth announcements an illustrated products such as art prints and calendars. I run an Etsy shop with a lot of love. Next to animals, I also draw a lot of inspiration out of the explorations of our son Luke and from motherhood in general.
Next to creating artworks, I also handle the wrapping and shipping process of my Etsy orders and commissions. This way I stay in close contact with my customers, since I believe personal touches are one of the most important thing about shipping my artworks worldwide. I love preparing happy mail for you!
My work can be found here:
To give you a better idea of what each reward package holds inside, I created these mock-ups (the images are not scaled).
At this point in time it is possible to add a set of two sticker sheets and/or an extra copy of the book to your reward pledge. When it should become possible to add more add-ons to your rewards (extra prints for example) I will announce this in an update.
To add an add-on to your reward, please follow these instructions:
1. Click the "Manage your pledge" button above (if you haven't made a pledge yet, this button will say "Back this project").
2. Increase your pledge amount in the pledge amount box by adding the price of the add-on PLUS the amount of additional shipping costs that applies. See the image below for these costs.
3. When the Kickstarter campaign has ended, you will receive a survey with questions. Here is where you'll be able to specify which add-ons you have chosen.
Please note that reward tier "A Whimsical Gift Package" includes two books. This extra book add-on is best suited for ordering more than two books, or for adding an extra book to your original art tier reward (The "a Handmade sketch inside your book" reward for example).
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions and/or need assistance with your pledge or adding add-ons!
When the funding goal is reached, I do have some special stretch goal rewards lined up for you! These are exciting bonus rewards you will receive when additional stretch goals are reached. These extra "gift" rewards do not alter the amount you've pledged! I will reveal stretch goals along the way, when the campaign happens to be very successful, so I can offer additional rewards to my backers!
When a stretch goal is met, the accompanying reward will be shipped out to all backers that have chosen a reward tier that includes the physical book.
I have invested 18 months of time in the creation of the book's content. I spent this time working on the book next to my commissions. For the creation of the last paintings and the final layout of the book, I would like to spend two exclusive months, devoted solely to working on the book; to reach the best product I possibly can deliver. Next to this, I am asking for the funds to print and ship the book.
I think it's very important to calculate all of the book related costs very well and to be transparent about what I'm asking for exactly.
I'm not a wizard with numbers, so I am happy to say that I have had extensive help from an actual professional in this area (a.k.a. my dad).
I have created a list of all of the expenses that have to be made in order to successfully produce, print, pack and distribute the book.
We made an extensive overview of all of the included expenses and based on this we determined the pricing of the book and the ultimate goal amount that would have to be reached in order for the Kickstarter campaign to be successful. As you may know: the campaign will only be successful if the full amount is reached and only then the pledges will be charged.
Here is a breakdown of the book related costs:
Launch of the Kickstarter campaign. My project will be live during 30 days in which you can become a backer and claim Kickstarter-exclusive rewards!
November and December 2018
If the project is successful, I will create the last couple of paintings during these two months. After that all of the paintings will be scanned with the help of a specialized company. Once digitized, I can start working on the digital rendering of the paintings and send the final layout files of the book to the printers.
The printing company will be able to print and ship the books to me within one month. During this month, I will also receive a print proof and I will be able to visit the presses in person.
The rewards will be distributed to all backers during February.
Slight changes in the schedule can occur. When the paintings are finished sooner and/or when the books are printed earlier than expected, you will be notified about this. When delays occur due to unforeseen circumstances you will also be made aware in a timely manner.
Risks and challenges
It is realistic to know that a large project comes with risks and challenges. I will do my utter best to minimise these risks, to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible.
I already calculated possible risks and challenges and implemented ways to avoid or tackle them:
• After I reviewed samples of many local printing companies, I have based my final choice of a printer based on their high quality products and recommendations. I factored in a proof print before printing the bulk of books and I'm able to visit the printing presses in person. The book will not be printed overseas, so there are no large risks for delays when they ship to me.
• The size of the book and the maximum size of all rewards (A5) is an ideal size for shipping internationally without a large risk of being damaged in the mail. Based on experience I have already pre-selected the most sturdy and secure shipping materials, including a plastic wrap to avoid the rewards from getting moist during stormy weathers.
• As said, the storyboard for my book and the sketches are completely finished. I have already created over 3/4 of the artwork of the book, so the largest part of the project, including the cover design, is already finished.
It's always a small possibility that the time schedule will need to be updated due to problems regarding health, production delays or print malfunctions. I have taken these matters into account when creating the schedule, so there is already a buffer built into my timing. When delays do occur however, I will update you in a timely manner. I will always strive to be 100% transparent about any challenges that are faced along the way.
My own qualifications:
• Creating and distributing artworks across the globe has been my job since I started my company in 2012. I have shipped my illustrations to customers in over 20 countries.
• Through the years I became experienced with the creation of my own illustrated products such as art prints, greeting cards and calendars. I've always been on top of the printing process, accepting only high quality for my printed projects.
• I work a lot on custom commissions, so therefore have experience working with tight deadlines.
• I'm a perfectionist and want you to be over the moon with your rewards.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)