About this project
- We are now shipping internationally! Please add $10 for shipping outside of the US or Canada.
(International backers can pledge without choosing a reward. The appropriate number of socks will be sent to you anywhere in the world!)
- NO MORE SORE LEGS AND FEET
- FASTER RECOVERY TIMES AFTER EXERCISE
- HUGS FOR YOUR FEET ALL DAY!
GRADUATED COMPRESSION THERAPY
Our socks utilize graduated compression technology to combat swelling, fatigue, and pain in your legs and feet.
How they work – Pressure is applied to your ankles, which then slowly decreases as it reaches the knee. The increased pressure aids your body’s ability to push blood back towards the heart. This results in better circulation, prevents fluid from pooling in your feet, and helps to flush waste products from the muscles.
- Less pain, swelling, and fatigue – 100% of research participants in standing occupations had reduced pain, swelling, and fatigue.
- Shorter recovery times after exercise – Studies have found up to a 78% decrease in muscle soreness 24 hours after exercise among runners who wore compression socks.
- Prevention of chronic disease – Long hours of standing or sitting can result in spider veins, venous insufficiency, and DVTs. Doctors have been recommending graduated compression therapy to combat these conditions for decades.
- Easy to put on – Our compression socks are specially shaped with a larger opening, making them easier to put on.
- Comfy – We designed our socks with a loose toe cage and non-irritating toe seam to create a comfy home for your toes.
- Increase in awesomeness – We’ve seen up to a 1000% increase in foot and leg related awesomeness.
WHO NEEDS NABEE SOCKS?
- Standers – Standing all day can cause pain, swelling and fatigue in your legs and feet. (e.g. Medical professionals, waiters, & teachers)
- Sitters – It only takes 90 minutes of sitting for the blood flow below your knees to decrease by 50%. This can lead to vascular injury and DVTs. (e.g. Frequent fliers & desk jobs)
- Athletes – Research studies have shown graduated compression socks to decrease exercise-induced muscle soreness and shorten recovery times. (e.g. Runners, bikers, & crossfitters)
- Pregnant Women – The increased blood volume and pressure from a growing uterus can cause swollen and tired feet.
Nabee Socks is guided by our supporters. We will use polls and questionnaires to ensure that people love everything we do and create.
Only the black and grey striped socks will be available in men’s sizes at this time. More male friendly designs are on their way.
The Nabee logo appears upside-down on a number of socks within the kickstarter video. All of the socks we sell have their logos right-side up.
What’s Nabee mean?
Nabee means butterfly in Korean. Learn more
Will there be more men’s designs?
YES! We currently offer the black and grey striped socks in men’s sizes, but new designs are on their way. We will be sending out polls to all of our supporters to vote on our upcoming sock designs.
How do I take care of Nabee Socks?
Wear and care instructions can be found here.
How much compression is used in Nabee Socks?
20 mm Hg at the ankle and 15 mm Hg near the knee. This amount of compression provides all the benefits of graduated compression therapy without causing discomfort.
Who shouldn’t wear Nabee Socks?
Do not wear compression socks if you have any of the following conditions:
advanced peripheral neuropathy, advanced peripheral obstructive arterial disease, arteriosclerosis, congestive heart failure, extreme deformity of the leg, dermatitis, gangrene, phlebitis, recent skin graft, or vein ligation. Ask your doctor before wearing compression socks if you have any history of blood clots.
Risks and challenges
We've spent many months working with our partners to avoid any potential risks in delivering Nabee Socks to our supporters. However, if any challenges arise, we will be honest and 100% transparent with our community.
Potential Risks and Challenges:
Shipping Date: We've received production and shipping estimates from our partners and are confident we will meet our projected shipping dates. However, not all variables can be predicted. So, there is always a chance for delays.
Product Adjustments: If our funding exceeds expectations we may offer a larger variety of sizes and designs. Any adjustments we make will be to improve our socks or selection.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)