Looking good is important but so is feeling good. Click that button over there that says "Back this Project" and help support Naadam Cashmere!
It’s fashion and luxury but we built it with substance. We use the highest quality cashmere fibers sourced from our nomadic friends in Mongolia’s outer plains. These garments don’t pill, they don’t fall apart, they are incredibly soft and they are durable. They fit better and get softer every time you wear them.
Not only have we made the perfect sweater and designed unique styles, but we did it all so we could give back and change the way we (meaning you!) define what ‘luxury fashion’ should really mean.
Making a cashmere garment is like optimizing a formula. You have to balance the equation between ply, gauge, micron (fiber thickness), fiber length, and then the fit has to be perfect! Every detail matters.
Our designs are inspired by the people we design for...our friends. Our cashmere is durable to fit that urban nomadic lifestyle but also luxuriously soft. Our signature and limited edition pieces are totally unique and built for purpose. There is nothing else like Naadam Cashmere!
The devil is in the details. From the zippers to the cord stoppers, we have diligently crafted detail into every garment.
When you give, you get...100% Mongolian Cashmere at wholesale prices!
We start with the Mongolian Nomadic herders where we get our raw fibers, we then manufacturer our sweaters in Mongolia. From there the garments get sold to you! We take 10% of all our profits and invest in the World Banks livestock insurance program that protects those same nomadic herders we sourced our raw fibers from.
Profits get circulated to the base of our supply chain via micro-economic investments in livestock insurance. Every garment purchased will contribute to herd insurance that directly provides economic and cultural stability for the herders.
The ‘cashmere game’ lacks INNOVATION, both from a DESIGN standpoint as well as a BUSINESS MODEL perspective. It needs to be REDEFINED.
Our garments represent an education in what cashmere should really feel and look like. However, it is a capital-intensive business so we need your help. Supporting a business that stands for integrity defines the supporter.
- At $20,000 we can fund sample orders for our new collection and expand internationally through brick and mortar sales.Impact: We pay the livestock insurance premiums for 25 of our Mongolian nomadic herding families in Outer Mongolia.
- At $55,000 we fund the development of a full-on ecommerce platform so we can lower prices but still offer superior quality. Impact: We offer financial stability to nearly 65 nomadic herding families in multiple provinces.
- At $100,000 we can expand on our inventory offering, lower our prices and speed up delivery time. Impact: Approximately 100 nomadic Mongolian herding families are supported.
- At $150,000+ we (meaning you!) can really start changing the fashion industry. Impact: We can now start diversifying our investments into other programs and give back to stabilize our supply chain.
- At $50,000 every backer gets a free cashmere comb. Unlocked!
- At $75,000 we unlock three more color options for the Howland Jumper. Many backers have inquired about the availability of either one or more pastel colors. If reached, backers can upgrade to the following colors: Carmel Pink / Light Yellow / Light Turquoise. Unlocked!
- At $100,000 we throw in The Nomad Bracelet for free. Everyone who has backed us will receive one. People who have backed The Nomad Bracelet as a reward will receive two.
The fit and sizing on Naadam Cashmere sweaters is very close to the way J-Crew fits.
Co-Founder Matthew Scanlan walking the streets of SOHO, NYC with the Burns Rib Cardigan. We wanted to show you what complete strangers say about our garments! Check it out!
Follow the Naadam Cashmere Vine account to see videos of our sweaters and more colors!
Thank you so much for your support!! We are not going to be able to do this without you!
Special Thanks: Adam Butterfield, Kellock Irvin, Nicholas Toby
Check us out at:
Teich: www.teichdesign.com (Accessories Only)
22 8th Ave New York, NY 10014
Sterling & Burke: www.sterlingandburke.com
2824 Pennsylvania Ave NW Washington, DC 20007
Risks and challenges
We have spent 3 years working with our manufacturers building a strong working relationship. We have a unique but validated supply chain as well as a strong network of supports and advisers.
We also realize that mistakes happen and some things are just out of our control. However, we require a unique level of transparency throughout our production process so we can deliver the same transparency to our customers. We will be continuously updating you to ensure all delivery dates are made on time!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Can I make a special order for my reward option, with a combination of different garments (i.e. Two satchel cables, socks, etc.)??
Yes, you can put your own cashmere order together. Just add up the different rewards and donate that amount but choose the No Reward option and send us a message with what your choices are. When we are fully funded we get back in touch with you to firm up the logistics of your order! Pretty simple...
Support this project
- (40 days)